PDA

View Full Version : Are you an organised Christmaser?

Lolabelle
06-Dec-07, 09:37
Are you totally organised for Christmas or are you, like me, totally random?
I forget to do Christmas cards most years, and one year I hand embossed some lovely cards, and I still have them, because I forgot to hand them out. But this year I have actually managed to get a tree, buy, write on and post my cards :Razz.
I often buy my christmas presents on Christmas eve :eek:, but this year I have managed to buy a few.
So for me, I am really on the ball this year.

How about you, how do you do Christmas.

mccaugm
06-Dec-07, 10:21
Started buying pressies at the beginning of September.

Almost all pressies are wrapped, half are already distributed. All I need to get is a few selection packs for the bairns.:D

Confess to forgetting advent calendars...woops.

Bought new Christmas decorations and plan to put them up this weekend possibly.

Almost all cards are written bar the ones for my youngests friends.

Going to start posting cards next week or maybe even this weekend.

Started buying Christmas food and even planned who is minding the cats whilst we are away at my mums for Christmas.:roll:

nikki
06-Dec-07, 10:41
I am totally ditzy when it comes to christmas, I usually dont start shopping until the weekend before, if i get around to it at all. think most people i know have learned not to expect any presents until well into the new year.

bobsgirl
06-Dec-07, 10:44
I am a semi-organised person.

Finished shopping at the end of September....(even though I did buy more pressies after that)!!

Wrapped a good three-quarters of pressies. Written all Christmas cards, but not yet given them all out, going to post some off today.

Planning on getting decorations out of the loft this weekend, but still not planned a picture to paint on the windows yet!! Little one likes Bratz so may stick to that.

All in all I think I am ready for the big day!!

erli
06-Dec-07, 11:17
I don't think about Christmas until December arrives. I have three kids to buy for, along with all the other family members. I don't get in a panic, I just spend a few hours online and another day going round the shops and that's me finished, apart from Christmas diner which is bought as early as possible on Christmas Eve morning.
I save for a few months before December as I don't want to spend next year paying for this Christmas, I don't do cards, and everything is wrapped on a lazy Sunday afternoon while the Kids are at Granny's.
Easy peasy and stress free.;)

bluelady
06-Dec-07, 11:22
nope, every year i say i,m gonna start march and ever year its middle dec and xmas eve :roll:

alanatkie
06-Dec-07, 11:31
Well i am usually well organised but this year i am a semi-organised person.

Usually have all presents by nov but only started at end of Nov this year now have all the presents except for inlaws (thats hubbys job this yr tho).

I have written all Christmas cards but not put names on the envelopes & bought & wrote family cards & put them in a safe place & havent a clue where i put them :lol: - last yr i just put a bit in the paper instead of xmas cards - should have stuck to that again this yr :roll:

Tree is up & all decorated still havent thought about picture for the window yet.

Think i'm ready for the big day just have to get cards addressed posted or handed out.

mums angels
06-Dec-07, 11:33
usually i've finished doing xmas shopping back in october but this year hubbys home for xmas and after missing last years he wanted to do xmas shopping with me so hes home tmrw and hopefully we'll get the xmas shopping done by early next week , tree etc will go up next weekend and pressies will all have to be wrapped and ready by then too as they will be getting picked up by bro-in law to take down to edinburgh for xmas....i feel stress coming on ...LOL :lol:

as for the cards i usually take kids pics and make cards but running out of time for that so think it will be just normal cards this year.

Ash
06-Dec-07, 11:37
most of presents wrapped, got two more presents to get, cards not written yet, decorations are up, cant wait!

changilass
06-Dec-07, 11:43
Not in the least bit organised and proud of it. Nowt worse than being organised and things not going according to plan. Much as I love christmas its about the kids having fun and they can do that without the adults stressing.

The best christmas we have had was our belated one in february this year and it was sorted (including guests coming up from englandshire) in just over a week.

Don't stress it enjoy it.

mccaugm
06-Dec-07, 12:32
Has anyone noticed that no blokes seem to have answered this thread. My hubby takes almost nothing to do preparations for Christmas, as he knows I will. He buys me a pressie but has almost no idea what anyone else is getting and that includes all family and friends. He does help put decorations up and helps trim the tree....and buys my pressie (as far as I know) on the way home from work a few days before Christmas itself. Anyone else agree with this? Come on blokes prove me wrong!:roll:

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 12:43
Has anyone noticed that no blokes seem to have answered this thread. My hubby takes almost nothing to do preparations for Christmas, as he knows I will. He buys me a pressie but has almost no idea what anyone else is getting and that includes all family and friends. He does help put decorations up and helps trim the tree....and buys my pressie (as far as I know) on the way home from work a few days before Christmas itself. Anyone else agree with this? Come on blokes prove me wrong!:roll:

You're right, mccaugm! Hehe!

badger
06-Dec-07, 12:48
Oh please - I feel quite inadequate enough over this without all you organised people making it worse. Bought cards a while ago and have written one so far - keep getting them out, looking, putting away again thinking there's still time and I know there isn't :eek: . Halfway through presents. Decorations still in the box from last year and have nasty feeling lights don't work. Made Christmas pudding mixture last night though :lol: - steaming away as we speak. Wish that made me feel better but it doesn't.

airdlass
06-Dec-07, 12:59
Haven't even started buying anything - don't know what to get. Cards bought but not written apart from ones for abroad and a couple of close friends.
It will no doubt all come together eventually and if it doesn't? Well it's not the end of the world:cool:

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 13:10
Usually, I'm a panicky sort of person! This year, presents for people have found me, rather than vice versa! Little things I know people will like have stood out in the shops, so started buying in October. Cards...not so organised yet! Thinking emails...save the environment! :lol:

Jeid
06-Dec-07, 13:43
I'm almost done all of mine. Finish it tomorrow I think.

justine
06-Dec-07, 13:48
Done, Dusted and ready to be opened up on christmas day.......Which is a feat in its self with this lot.....

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 14:55
Done, Dusted and ready to be opened up on christmas day.......Which is a feat in its self with this lot.....

Wow..good for you! :lol:

dandod
06-Dec-07, 16:06
all presents bought and wrapped weeks ago. tree and decorations are up all thats left to do is enjoy the festive season with no stress:):)

xx_chickie
06-Dec-07, 16:30
all presents bought and wrapped weeks ago. tree and decorations are up all thats left to do is enjoy the festive season with no stress:)

Ahh good work, dandod, but you may have forgotten about the cooking! :lol: Sorry!

floyed
06-Dec-07, 17:07
I start buying a few things every week after the summer holidays. I am done all my wrapping and just finished writing my cards last night, just need to distribute the pressies and cards. Decorations are up and christmas dinner is sorted except for the veg which i will leave till closer the time.

paris
06-Dec-07, 17:17
19 days to go and i havent even started yet !! jan x