PDA

View Full Version : Bad rep?

hotrod4
03-Dec-07, 19:35
Have just received bad rep due to one of my posts in a thread.
Can someone please read what i have posted in the "kevin mcleod enquiry" thread and explain where i have directed any comment directly at any individual on the .org?
The bad rep was because they think it was directed at them I can assure you it wasnt,I made a general comment on my opinion.(maybe paranoia is creeping in :) )
What small minded people we seem to have now.
Noticed last week that bad rep was getting thrown around like sweeties, seems to be the in thing now, its a shame and a bad reflection on todays society.
I wont name the individual concerned as there not worth my typing skills!!!!

unicorn
03-Dec-07, 19:43
Having a quick look at the thread, I would say you were having a swipe at people in general who have spoken badly of this case, but I don't know what you are referring to at all as I have never read any previous posts on the subject. As I said 2 weeks ago on a similar post, the rep system is not only to say you like a post it is also there to say you do not agree so people should be given the right to say when they feel negatively about a post without it becoming a war of PM'S or having to justify themselves on the board for not liking a post.

hotrod4
03-Dec-07, 19:49
Having a quick look at the thread, I would say you were having a swipe at people in general who have spoken badly of this case, but I don't know what you are referring to at all as I have never read any previous posts on the subject. As I said last week the rep system is not only to say you like a post it is also there to say you do not agree so people should be given the right to say when they feel negatively about a post without it becoming a war of PM'S or having to justify themselves on the board for not liking a post.

Yes it was a "general" comment not aimed at anyone in particular.
it wasnt the bad rep it was the nature with which it referred that i was looking for an argument when all i did was make a statement like a "told you so" that backed up my posts in the removed thread.
Thanks anyway for the reply your opinion and explanation was spot on.

anneoctober
03-Dec-07, 19:59
Hotrod4 was just reading this thread and I'm sorry to say that your new avatar kept peeking at me :eek: :lol: Who's paranoid??? LOL

karia
03-Dec-07, 20:01
I was always of the feeling that neg repping was considered petty by most org members and reflected more on the senders lack of ability to hold a reasoned argument in the public domain.

The old 'if you can't say something good..etc.'

The facility is there but a lot of us feel it is a failure of our own to resort to using it.

Karia

Dusty
03-Dec-07, 20:17
I would have thought that if someone was dishing out bad rep. then common courtesy would dictate that an explanation of why would have been included?

hotrod4
03-Dec-07, 20:24
Hotrod4 was just reading this thread and I'm sorry to say that your new avatar kept peeking at me :eek: Who's paranoid??? LOL

Thats what its there for ;)