PDA

View Full Version : What's your *least* favourite tipple?

George Brims
28-Nov-07, 02:26
Having just added to the other thread I thought I would start this one. As well as answering the question, your reasons including embarrassing stories, the funnier the better, would also be good!

Besides an utter distaste for thin watery beers (Morlands, Corona, just about anything with "light" or "lite" in its name) I am not keen on gin. I am also sick to the back teeth of California Chardonnay, the world's most overrated wine.

As for embarrassing stories... Well let's just say the phrase "Tequila lemon drop" is not said out loud in my house. We were at the after-party of a wedding reception and I was already quite well lubricated, when it occurred to some idiot (I fear the idiot may have been me) that tequila and lemon drop mix would go together quite well. The taste was fine but the effects were not favourable.

Lolabelle
28-Nov-07, 09:18
When I was a young teen, some friends and I got some Passion Pop, it was a passionfruit flavoured sparkling wine, commonly called Two Buck Chuck.
Well you get the picture, downed a bottle in the loo's before a school disco and was very, very drunk and very, very, very sick :eek:.
To this day I can't even drink Passiona soft drink.

golach
28-Nov-07, 09:30
Gin!!!! I hate the scented smell of the stuff

wifie
28-Nov-07, 11:07
Och golach you disappoint me - it is my favourite. Least favourite - what's that aniseedy stuff - oh yes pernod - yuk yuk yuk!

Anne x
28-Nov-07, 11:13
Whisky , Rum Vodka !!! even the smell I hate to be honest I really dont like any other spirits apart from Gin

henry20
28-Nov-07, 11:16
Coffee!!!!!!! Ok, so its not classed as a tipple, but I'd drink anything before I'd drink coffee.

Strangely, I used to make a beeline for the coffee sweets in roses/quality streets!!

next would have to be Whisky!!!! Yeuch!!

alanatkie
28-Nov-07, 13:27
Least favourie tipple has to be dark rum. [disgust] it just dosent stay down long

karia
28-Nov-07, 13:33
No funny stories but Vodka always makes me ill and I dislike cider and brandy..also blended whisky which is an affront..don't mind a wee single malt!;)

Thumper
28-Nov-07, 13:38
I hate Pernod.Ouzo,Gin,and whisky, blurgh........rather stay sober and thats saying something ;) x

candyfloss
28-Nov-07, 13:39
My least favorite is Advocaat ( hope thats how you spell it ) It looks just like raw eggs, yuck

Jeemag_USA
28-Nov-07, 13:39
Probably Cider, and I am not a big fan of Champagne. Gin also I find disgusting.

nanoo
28-Nov-07, 13:44
Has to be whisky for me, I worked in a whisky bond for 5 years and the smell of the stuff was revolting enough, let alone the taste. yuk! :confused

Solus
28-Nov-07, 14:26
Rum, cant even smell it let alone taste it with out feeling sick. Was the result of downing rather large amounts of over proof rum one saturday evening in the Scrabster pub, got to the top of the hill by the coastguard hut and legs gave way, stomach decided it had enough and resulted in a " little nap " in a ditch for a while :o oh the joys of youth !!

grandma
28-Nov-07, 14:33
It's dark rum and bicardi for me. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about them. It might have something to do with excessive amounts in my youth!! YUK

floyed
28-Nov-07, 15:21
Has to be cider for me eeuww:p

cuddlepop
28-Nov-07, 15:28
It has to be whisky cant stand the smell of the stuff never mind the taste.:eek:

Ash
28-Nov-07, 15:30
spiced rum, snuck some when i was younger and spewed makes me feel sick thinking about it!!!![disgust]

shazzap
28-Nov-07, 15:36
Least favourites are
Whisky, Port, Sherry. Yuk

scotsboy
28-Nov-07, 15:51
Not much I won't drink, or have a taste for. I have a hard job with Laphroig, also luke warm real ale's..........also can't take those energy drinks - pure rank.

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Nov-07, 15:59
Kronenburg - it's the only drink where you start having a hangover before you've finished your pint.

johno
28-Nov-07, 16:03
1st whisky,2nd gin & 3rd brandy. [disgust]

scotsboy
28-Nov-07, 16:05
1st whiskey,2nd gin & 3rd brandy. [disgust]

Whiskey is the stuff that is made "outside" Scotland i.e Irish Whiskey, Japanese Whiskey etc...........in Scotland we make (and drink) WHISKY.

wifie
28-Nov-07, 16:27
Scotsboy I had forgotten Laphroaig - it is like drain cleaner! (Not sure how I know that have not tried drain cleaner.) I enjoy tasting malts (as my OH has finally got into whisky after years of being fed it by my male relatives from Caithness) but that is the only one so far that I would run a mile from.

Errogie
28-Nov-07, 16:29
I've had an aversion to merrydown cider since holding a teenage party when the folks were out.

As I became more enthusiastic over the effect on my young body I asked a friend for another fill up. He obliged by taking a scoop of murky water from the slime walled depths of the gold fish tank along with some pond weed and a few aged ants eggs. Guess I swallowed about half a pint before realisation dawned and it all came back up again!

Cedric Farthsbottom III
28-Nov-07, 16:37
First ma least favoutite tipple is water wi Grants.Take away the water and boy that does taste good.

Julia
28-Nov-07, 18:20
Gin is proving to be quite unpopular :(, it's my favourite!

My least favourite drink is Pernod..... YUK!

George Brims
28-Nov-07, 19:45
Kronenburg - it's the only drink where you start having a hangover before you've finished your pint.
No it's not. Diamond Heavy used to do that to me. Do they still make that stuff?

anneoctober
28-Nov-07, 21:38
Gin/Pernod and martini :eek: they are foul ! No wonder Joan Collins kept chucking hers away......[lol]

mccaugm
28-Nov-07, 23:02
Southern Comfort, its like acid...gross....![disgust] I am in the frozen north and its no comfort to me..yeuch!

Lolabelle
29-Nov-07, 09:33
A tad off topic, but is it true that folk in the UK drink warm beer???? :eek:
Cringe, cringe, and cringe. I don't drink alcohol, but beer has to be ICY or it is totally unpalatable.

scotsboy
29-Nov-07, 09:39
Yes, it is true, but it is a practice that is found mostly south of the border in England.

When I worked in Canberra an English pub opened up, with its own micro-brewery, selling this luke warm stuff.............it didn't catch on!