PDA

View Full Version : Open policies on sex offenders

karia
27-Nov-07, 22:30
Okay, I am struggling with this,

Fires are being started here as a result of published details of sex offenders.

Folks in common closes are having their lives threatened..and that of their children put at risk by people who seek retribution...but fail to see that ..

A) other people live there

B) The justice system has elected to deal with them so let them get on with it

Is it a good idea to publish such details?:(

And what about the wives and kids of the named and shamed?

Driven out..or burned out!

Where's the justice in that?

Kariax

mccaugm
27-Nov-07, 22:36
I agree..vigilantism (not sure of the spelling), is never the way.

It invariably gets out of hand and people who have done nothing wrong suffer just as much if not more than the intended target.

Where in the world are you as I have not heard [evil]of this happening in the UK?

karia
27-Nov-07, 22:39
I agree..vigilantism (not sure of the spelling), is never the way.

It invariably gets out of hand and people who have done nothing wrong suffer just as much if not more than the intended target.

Where in the world are you as I have not heard [evil]of this happening in the UK?

I am in central scotland and OH works for the Fire Brigade here!

Karia

Solus
27-Nov-07, 22:56
This was announced just recently and already it has caused trouble, how long until an innocent person is injured or killed, as has happend in the past.

Totally a wrong move in my mind, yes we need to keep tabs on these folk but mob justice wil prevail and all hell will break out.

northener
27-Nov-07, 23:01
Don't agree with mob rule.

Tougher monitoring and more draconian rules regarding sex offenders should be put in place so they can't fart without the authorities knowing about it should be the way forward. That's if they've been let out into the normal world at all.[disgust]

Large groups of plebs ganging together are never a good thing in situations like this.

A couple of years back, one poor sod had his house targeted by these enlightened folk after they discovered he was a Paedetrician.....

Difficult one really, If I had children, then I'd want to know if there were any pieces of filth living near my kids. - Shows how much faith we have in the judiciary and rehabilitation systems, doesn't it?

In my vision for the future though, I'm with the Wild West school of justice:

"Don't worry son, we're gonna give you a fair trial and then we're gonna hang you"

Recidivism becomes a thing of the past!

starry
27-Nov-07, 23:03
As a parent I would want to know but I can see very good reasons for the information not to be made public.

karia
27-Nov-07, 23:08
[quote=northener;302643

"Don't worry son, we're gonna give you a fair trial and then we're gonna hang you"

.[/quote]

Org justice lives then!;)

karia

northener
27-Nov-07, 23:17
Org justice lives then!;)

karia

I don't know what you mean, Karia.

'Ere, who's nicked that coil of rope from out of my shed?

golach
27-Nov-07, 23:36

Never mind the rope, who nicked my Secateurs?

karia
27-Nov-07, 23:38

Ha ha! Nice One!;)

Kariax

SandTiger
28-Nov-07, 01:11

A couple of years back, one poor sod had his house targeted by these enlightened folk after they discovered he was a Paedetrician.....

He was a she... http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/083100/wor_083100129.shtml

Aaldtimer
28-Nov-07, 04:15
""Don't worry son, we're gonna give you a fair trial and then we're gonna hang you"...
Trouble is that too many innocent people were being hanged!
And by too many I mean "one".
And it could be you!

Lolabelle
28-Nov-07, 10:04
It certainly is a tough one. So unfair for the innocent bystanders, not to mention the firebrigade men who are called into put out the fires and put their own lives in danger.
We can only hope that the authorities do keep a proper eye on the offenders, so that people wouldn't feel the need to take matters into their own hands.
Part of the problem in these situations is that the public don't have any confidence in the the authorities doing what should be done to monitor the movements and activities of the offenders.