PDA

View Full Version : Waters/Bremner/Levack

lewolf
08-Sep-05, 12:46
Hi :D

I'm tracing my Ancestors for the Caithness area and wondered if anyone has any information that may help (or maybe my contribution can help someone else).

My Gr Grandmother was born Mary Bremner Waters 1867 In Wick. Her parents were Donald Waters (b.31/1/1831-Wick) and Isabella Levack (b. C1836).

Their parents were respectively, Donald Waters and Mary Bremner and David Levack and Esther McBeath.

I have the marriage registers to verify this so far.

However, I can't seem to get any further. I've tried Brebner.com, Scotlands people, IGI and Ancestry.com. My attempts on Genesreunited have fallen on stoney ground.

Do you have any family links to these people?

I'm aware that Donald Waters once had a fishing fleet and Mary Bremner Waters married an English sailor and moved to near Bristol.

Kind Regards

Helen

fred
08-Sep-05, 20:54
Hi :D

I'm tracing my Ancestors for the Caithness area and wondered if anyone has any information that may help (or maybe my contribution can help someone else).

My Gr Grandmother was born Mary Bremner Waters 1867 In Wick. Her parents were Donald Waters (b.31/1/1831-Wick) and Isabella Levack (b. C1836).

Their parents were respectively, Donald Waters and Mary Bremner and David Levack and Esther McBeath.

I have the marriage registers to verify this so far.

However, I can't seem to get any further. I've tried Brebner.com, Scotlands people, IGI and Ancestry.com. My attempts on Genesreunited have fallen on stoney ground.

Check out the 1841 and 1851 census returns for Wick at http://freecen.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl and make sure you check the "Phonetic search on Surname" box as some people spelt it "Watters".

Then you can go back to the IGI at http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true
with a date and place for Donald Watters birth.

robbain
09-Sep-05, 05:37
Levack is sometimes recorded as Levach :lol:

lewolf
09-Sep-05, 14:45
Thanks for the tips :D

In both instances the name variants have yielded results.

Still looking for more lol!

Kind Regards

Helen

elizabeth forbes
09-Sep-05, 15:56
Have in my documents a Death Registration for Mary Watters, aged 85, (M.S. Bremner)Widow of Donald Watters (Fishcurer) Parent's Donald Bremner(Farmer)& Janet McLeod is this the same family you are looking for.
Regards Teeny

lewolf
11-Sep-05, 15:36
Yes Teeny :D

I'm pretty sure this is the same family.

Is it possible for you to scan the documents and email them?

I'll PM you with my email if that's ok.

Thanks for repsonding

Helen DaVita

Tricia
13-Sep-05, 11:46
I have in my tree the family of
Alexander Waters and Mary Banks who married in Dunnet 1847.
Their children were all born in Wick.
Their son John b 1849 m Euphemia Kemp and
John's daughter Elizabeth Kemp b1886 m John MORE in 1950.
Happy to exchange info.

Tricia
(born Patricia MORE in Wick)

lewolf
13-Sep-05, 17:58
I've seen that an Alexander Waters was born in both Wick and Dunnet. One being the son of a farmer and the other being the son of a fishcurer. The fishcuring business is the line I'm following.

I've ordered extracts for both men and will be pleased to share as soon as the riddle is solved.

Kind Regards

Helen

Tricia
14-Sep-05, 12:14
This is my Waters in
1851 census
WATERS Alexander Head M M 36 Flesher Caithness - Dunnet
WATERS ( Banks) Mary Wife M F 35 - Caithness - Dunnet
WATERS John Son - M 2 - Caithness - Wick
WATERS Andrew Son - M 3m - Caithness - Wick
BANKS Helen Servnt U F 20 General Servant Caithness - Dunnet

WATERS Alexander Head M M 48 Flesher Dunnet