PDA

View Full Version : Thistle Alpha

Royster1911
25-Nov-07, 11:13
I hope all are safe. May their god go with them.

golach
25-Nov-07, 11:25
Not good news, hope they all get off ok, and that there are no Caithness workers on board

brokencross
25-Nov-07, 11:26
In case folks haven't heard the news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7111750.stm

I too, hope are all safe and well.

Wellies
25-Nov-07, 11:58
My husband just phoned to tell me. He is on an oil rig right now and it just brings it home how dangerous it is out there. The first flames were spotted just after 8.30am and the first men were evacuated just before 10.00am, it just takes so long for helecopters to arrive (how scary). Hope everyone is alright and it is evacuated quickly and safely.

nanoo
25-Nov-07, 14:30
I had'nt heard about this until now. I truly hope everyone is accounted for and completely unharmed. I would'nt want my OH on an oil rig, these are brave men in my eyes, not only are they at the mercy of fire but also the sea itself and as we all know it's not called the cruel sea for nothing. These guys are worth their weight in gold like Firefighters,Miners and Fishermen to name but a few.

Camel Spider
25-Nov-07, 15:12
Hope all are well, the old Black Pig was never a bad rig.

mums angels
25-Nov-07, 15:14
hope all is well , scary to think about how bad it could have been :(

riggerboy
26-Nov-07, 09:12
the rig im on has a strange Atmosphere to it at the moment, its always the same when you hear about another rig going bad, hope all are safe, if any of the lads are on here i`m thinking off you all.