PDA

View Full Version : sat nav query

johno
19-Nov-07, 14:51
Hi I would appreciate any help on this one.
I recently purchased an RAC sat nav,210. I tried to update the safety camera,s through their site, route 66, .. installed active sinc & ran the program. it went through to connect with active sinc went through the search then said that device could not be located. I called the RAC helpline ,explained what was happenning & was told that since this was a brand new system the updates would not be available till late Dec early Jan. ok ,i said but should,nt the device be located anyway, then it would tell me no updates are available
at this point. Was told that there was nothing there to update yet .
But am i wrong in assuming that the device aught to be located whether or not the updates are there and can someone please tell me what im doing wrong ?? :confused thanks in advance .
Ps, This is like selling a colour tv to someone who lives in a place where colour signals dont go

Royster1911
24-Dec-07, 11:26
If you still have this problem, try changing your usb connector. It took me 3 to get one that worked on my Garmin.

emb123
27-Dec-07, 06:40
Yes, sounds like you have the right of it. No familiarity here with Sat Nav, but use MS ActiveSync for Pocket PC purposes. I would also expect the device to at least be detected, even if no software update was yet available. Sounds like you got the office junior :).

I'd be thinking in terms of speaking to someone else and coming from the angle that there seems to be a problem connecting to the PC and refute any suggestion that 'it's just too new' to be detected. Could well be the cable/connector as Royster1911 says.

Good luck :)

johno
06-Jan-08, 00:21
Yes, sounds like you have the right of it. No familiarity here with Sat Nav, but use MS ActiveSync for Pocket PC purposes. I would also expect the device to at least be detected, even if no software update was yet available. Sounds like you got the office junior :).

I'd be thinking in terms of speaking to someone else and coming from the angle that there seems to be a problem connecting to the PC and refute any suggestion that 'it's just too new' to be detected. Could well be the cable/connector as Royster1911 says.

Good luck :)
im using the cable thats already on an exterior card reader and the reader works well with it. but i,ll try it on another. i always try on a usb thats directly linked to the pc rather than a hub.
Ps, thank you royster 1911 & emb123, will post direct to you emb to let you know how i get on. cheer,s again.