PDA

View Full Version : MS Publisher 97

badger
04-Sep-05, 19:18
Can I have one more go at this? I can't load my copy of Publisher onto my new PC as it's an upgrade from an older version on floppy disks, which I have but can't use as my new PC doesn't have a floppy drive. Would anyone be prepared to lend me a CD of 97 or earlier so I can use it to upgrade from? It would be returned straight away. If not I'll be onto ebay to buy one.

luskentyre
04-Sep-05, 22:34
I don't have the CD you're after - but if you know someone with a CD Writer then they could copy the contents of the floppies onto CD (seperate folders for each) and load it that way. You'd need to point the installation towards each folder as you're loading it but it should work.

fred
04-Sep-05, 22:51
Can I have one more go at this? I can't load my copy of Publisher onto my new PC as it's an upgrade from an older version on floppy disks, which I have but can't use as my new PC doesn't have a floppy drive. Would anyone be prepared to lend me a CD of 97 or earlier so I can use it to upgrade from? It would be returned straight away. If not I'll be onto ebay to buy one.

I can lend you an external floppy drive if that helps any.

badger
07-Sep-05, 16:10
Tried copying to CD and it didn't work, don't know why. Thanks Fred - I'll pm you with my phone no. That would be great. Sorry for delay getting back to you - been out for couple of days.

Raonaid
08-Sep-05, 00:43
I can lend you an external floppy drive if that helps any.

A generous gesture but I bought an external floppy drive for £12 on the internet p&p incl , by the time you have collected it from fred's and returned it from where you live you might be better off saving on petrol and getting yourself one on order.

If you live near reay I am happy to lend you mine. :D

badger
08-Sep-05, 11:57
Thanks everyone for offers of help. Fred is very kindly bringing his external drive over so hope that sorts it (till next time!).