PDA

View Full Version : Marjory Miller & William Steven marr.1824 Wick

elizabeth forbes
27-Aug-05, 10:30
Looking for Parents and any siblings of Marjory Miller born about 1800 somewhere in Caithness. William Steven 3rd son born to David Steven & Henrietta Oag.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Regards Teeny

Georgina
03-Sep-05, 06:38
William Steven who married Marjory Miller in 1824 are my Gr.Gr. Grandparents. Their son John Steven and Sutherland Miller are my Gr. Grandparents. John married twice. His first wife was Elizabeth Horne. My Grandmother was Marjory Steven born 1881Wick and died 1910 in Edinburgh.
The names I am researching from Wick, Thrumster, Sarclet are - Manson, Forbes, Campbell, Doull, Oag, Farquhar, Steven, Miller, Bain.
Love to hear from you. Georgina.
ginay@austarnet.com.au

lynn prow
21-Sep-05, 12:18
Hi Georgina

I was interested to see you are in Australia.

Henrietta Oag my 4 great aunt
William Steven 1st cousin 5 times removed
John Steven 2nd cousin 4 times removed
Marjory Steven 3rd cousin 3 times removed
for fun I thought I would work it out as I had them all on family tree.

Where abouts in Australia are you I am in South Australia originally Victoria but now based in SA.
If you want Oag info have heaps.

bye for now
Lynn

Georgina
01-Dec-05, 05:50
Hi Lynn,
I live in Queensland at Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast. All of my father's family are from Wick. I have been in Aussie since I was 2 years old.
I was told that Marjory (Magdalen) Miller was born 1805 to James Miller and Margaret Forbes.
Like to hear from you.
Georgina . ginay@austarnet.com.au

Strathisla
16-Sep-10, 22:21
I am descended from James Miller and Margaret forbes mentioned in the last thread. They would be my ggggg grandparents. James Millers father was also James Miller born in 1740 and married in Wick on 18/11/1765 to Katherine Sutherland born 1745.

On the Forbes side - I have been able to go back to Margaret Forbes gg grandparents - William Forbes born 1665 in Wick married to Margaret Nans

domino
19-Sep-10, 22:27
I too have a Nans in my tree. Her name was Elspeth and she was born C 1730 and married a Rosie from Stroma. However I have absolutely nothing else on her.Does anyone?

lindadorren
28-Dec-10, 14:43
I have this couple in my family tree also and am descended from them through their daughter Henrietta who was, I think, my 3x great grandmother! Henrietta's granddaughter, Henrietta Sutherland, was my great grandmother who moved from Wick to Edinburgh in about 1922! I don't have any further info on the Steven family but will spend some time seeing what I can find out over the holidays.
Linda

Henrietta Steven, born 27 July 1828, Ulbster, Caithness; died 10 Jan 1873, Vansillart Street, Pultneytown, Wick, Caithness.
Henrietta married Peter Johnston and I only have one child recorded for them - Johanna, born 1848 but Peter did remarry.

robbain
28-Dec-10, 17:42
I have this couple in my family tree also and am descended from them through their daughter Henrietta who was, I think, my 3x great grandmother! Henrietta's granddaughter, Henrietta Sutherland, was my great grandmother who moved from Wick to Edinburgh in about 1922! I don't have any further info on the Steven family but will spend some time seeing what I can find out over the holidays.
Linda

Henrietta Steven, born 27 July 1828, Ulbster, Caithness; died 10 Jan 1873, Vansillart Street, Pultneytown, Wick, Caithness.
Henrietta married Peter Johnston and I only have one child recorded for them - Johanna, born 1848 but Peter did remarry.

I have been doing my family tree, I had a Margaret Steven daughter of Alexander Steven & Isobella Gunn
Margaret surname was recorded as Stiven, christened 24 Jul 1810
Ulbster, Wick, Caithness, Scotland, - witness David Stiven of Borrowston & June Stevin of Gillock, it this your David Steven? I am wondering if there is a connection with this David Steven possibly a cousin of Alexander, Margaret's father or even a brother, do you have David's parents names?

Mamie_2
28-Dec-10, 19:30
Hej Rob!

It's more likely that the David you are looking for is Alexander's father David?? Unless there is more than one couple Alexander Steven(Stiven/Stephen) and Isobel Gunn.
The only one I have found was married in 1807 in Halkirk. If only one couple I have his father as David Steven and his mother as Elspet Mowat but hey I could be wrong

Mamie

robbain
28-Dec-10, 23:08
Hi Mamie
I have traced the lineage back to James Steven & Elspet Manson 1744 Olrig, this David Steven witness to Margaret birth, came from Borrowston, Thrumster, usually a relative of the family, ie brother or father or uncle of the father of the child was witness to the christening, I am ruling out David being the father of Margaret's father Alexander as witness unless by 1800s he moved to Thrumster and remarried probably not I suspect this David was a brother, who married a Henrietta Ogg (Oag) its possible that David wasn't recorded in OPR to David Steven & Elpet Mowat as there was charge to have them recorded.

Mamie_2
10-Jan-11, 17:35
I suppose that's also a possiblity Rob.

Mamie