31-Oct-07, 01:56
William Alsherson b.1678 Caithness & wife Margaret Bruce

son

Donald Alsherson born abt. 1703 & wife Jean Smith

son

William Alsherson b.1740 & wife Isabel Bain

son

William Alsherson born about 1769 & wife Elizabeth Moody

son (spelling of family name changes to Alexander in early 1800's)

George Alexander b.June 21, 1817 Wick, Caithnesshire, Scotland & wife Isabella Lowrie born Nova Scotia, Canada
family of 13 all born in Ontario, Canada, move to Manitoba in 1870's

George ALSHERSON
Sex: M

Event(s):
Christening: 27 Jun 1817
Wick, Caithness, Scotland

Parents:
Father: William ALSHERSON
Mother: Elisabeth Moodie
Source Information:
Batch number: Dates Source Call No. Type Printout Call No. Type
C110432 1701-1854 0990558-9, 0990574

````````````````````````````
Household Record 1881 Canadian Census

Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household

Household:
Name Marital StatusGenderEthnic OriginAgeBirthplaceOccupationReligion
George ALEXANDER M Male Scottish 64 Scotland Blacksmith Presbyterian
Isabella ALEXANDER M <Married> Female Scottish 51 Nova Scotia Presbyterian
Susan ALEXANDER Female Scottish 30 Ontario Dress Maker Presbyterian
Jane ALEXANDER Female Scottish 25 Ontario Presbyterian (my g-grandmother)
Janet ALEXANDER Female Scottish 24 Ontario Presbyterian
William ALEXANDER Male Scottish 21 Ontario Farmer Presbyterian
John ALEXANDER Male Scottish 20 Ontario Farmer Presbyterian
Sarah ALEXANDER Female Scottish 19 Ontario Farmer Presbyterian
George ALEXANDER Male Scottish 16 Ontario Presbyterian
Maggie ALEXANDER Female Scottish 12 Ontario Presbyterian
Annie ALEXANDER Female Scottish 10 Ontario Presbyterian
Sandy ALEXANDER Male Scottish 9 Ontario Presbyterian

Source Information:
Census PlaceDufferin, Marquette, Manitoba
Family History Library Film 1375919

elizabeth forbes
01-Nov-07, 16:05
William Alsherson & Margaret Bruce also had a Daughter Agnes/Anne b.c.1715. she married Donald Farquhar 8 July 1736 in Wick Caithness.
Donald & Agnes had 9 children that I know of.
Another branch for your Tree?
Regards
Elizabeth(Teeny)

Echidna
03-Nov-07, 09:22
Hi Stan

I am descended from Thomas Alsherson and Janet Nicolson, both buried at Keiss, through their son David Alexander and Elizabeth Bremner.

Do you have any info on Thomas, I cannot find him anywhere in any extant Alsherson/Alexander info.

Echidna
05-Dec-07, 03:17
G'day all orgers, long lost cousins, and guests...

you little beauty...after many a patient year of research, I was blown away when my 3rd cousin's (once removed) wife contacted me through the Org. asking about the possibility of a common ancestor.

The descendants of David Alexander and Elizabeth Bremner of Keiss are many more in Australia than I could ever have conceived.

Their son Andrew Bremner Alexander emmigrated to NSW in 1881, it now turns out that his younger brothers, Alexander Alexander and Simon Bremner Alexander also have Aussie links.

Andrew Bremner Alexander originally transferred his Caithness honed shipbuilding skills into house carpentry, and later in life owned a grocer's store in Evans Rd Balmain.

It is Alexander's family that have made contact with me, and a photo sharing confirmed the theory. After a stint in Western Australia this line is now in Victoria. Alexander did not emmigrate, he visited several times and had business interests in Perth WA, but his son David J. Alexander and daughters did.

Simon Bremner Alexander appears to have emmigrated to Sydney either with Andrew Bremner Alexander or soon thereafter and after taking up building in Sydney moved west for the 1897 gold rush at Kalgoorlie. SB Alexander is reknown in Perth for his building accomplishments including the Fremantle railway Station (1907) and the Police law Courts of Perth. All built with stone from his Donnybrook quarries. The Genealogy Wing of the State Library of WA is named the Alexander Wing in his honour, and the suburb of Alexander Heights (named in 1989) commemorates his lifelong service to the public good.

I would be interested to hear from any other Aussie and Scots descendants of David Alexander and Elizabeth Bremner so we can put the whole story together....

go the Org, you good thing...:lol: