PDA

View Full Version : Best Indian

karia
27-Oct-07, 19:36
Okay, Fair's fair!

What is your favourite Indian meal?

I am going to plump for Fish Pakora and Garlic Chicken, Lamb Dhansak and Chicken Nashilee, Tandoori Mixed Grill, Garlic Nan, spiced onions and Poppadums.

Don't know what you are having!:lol:

karia

Bobinovich
27-Oct-07, 19:39
Chicken jaipuri with a peshwari naan and some puppodums would do it for me about now :(

Alice in Blunderland
27-Oct-07, 19:40
Chicken Karahi, Chicken Biryani, Daal, Bindi Bhaji, ooh theres so many favourites I could be listing them all night......all washed down with lager shandy mmmmmm :lol:

mums angels
27-Oct-07, 19:46
chicken madras for me most of the time from selina spice . had a jaffrezi the other night and it was hot and very nice from the indian palace in thurso they also do a lovely sheik kebab and also love the red onion sauce they have too .:lol:

hubby likes the korma usually but had the chicken biryani the other night which he says was nice but a bit dry

Ricco
27-Oct-07, 20:58
My starter would be Chicken Chat or Shami kebab; Main would comprise chicken shashlick or chicken xaccuti with Tarka dall and pilau rice; naan breads, of course; dessert would be rasmalai; couple of cold Indian beers to wash it all down with. Lovely. :D

footie chick
27-Oct-07, 22:41
Chicken Karahi, washed down with lager shandy mmmmmm :lol:

Had this tonight stuffed only able to move now 4 hours later [lol]

floyed
28-Oct-07, 09:41
chicken tikka for starters then chicken biriany, plain nan and water to wash it down as there is no space for beer until at least a few hours after:lol:

hotrod4
28-Oct-07, 10:53
Fave indian meal would be Shami kebab with pakistani Mince and tatties and a loaf of mothers pride square bread to dip in!(home made)
I'm not fussy as long as its got fresh chillies in and not chilli powder.
If I bought one in it would be Chicken Dhansak from K2 washed down with a litre of Vodka and a bottle of coke ;)

Tweety
28-Oct-07, 11:57
Chicken Pasanda, Mushroom Rice & a Garlic Nan out of K2 for me! Mmmm makes me hungry just thinking about it!

sweetpea
29-Oct-07, 13:01
Lamb Manchurian with coconut rice mmm had this in Indian Palace other night, lovely!

loganbiffy
29-Oct-07, 14:29
Hmm tough one as Indian is my favourite food!

I may have to go for Mix Pakora to start then Omrit Tiger Special with Mushroom rice and a Keema Nan with mango chutney also all form K2, amazing food and service!

I also like my homemade curries, A big fan of a beef(from bews butchers) Madras as its hot and spicy and just tastes amazing, with some peshwari nan.

Anything with lots of flavour and spice suits me fine to be honest!

dunderheed
30-Oct-07, 09:43
for your best indian meal go in 24 hours in advance and ask for a staff curry

brew
30-Oct-07, 10:56
As bad as it sounds, but a Donna kebab Pizza is just the best, I know in a way it is not indian . but its so so good

floyed
30-Oct-07, 11:32
As bad as it sounds, but a Donna kebab Pizza is just the best, I know in a way it is not indian . but its so so good

I have never tried one but, ewww don't like the sound of that :D

Ash
30-Oct-07, 11:38
I have never tried one but, ewww don't like the sound of that :D

me either :D

ashaw1
30-Oct-07, 15:34
Great! With plenty chilli sauce!

brew
01-Nov-07, 17:26
me either :D

Ash, I will treat you to one on Friday night if you come out to dinner with me. If you are free!

Ash
01-Nov-07, 17:37
Ash, I will treat you to one on Friday night if you come out to dinner with me. If you are free!

i was free but my OH is taking me out for dinner, and if he took me for a doner pizza, i wouldnt be a happy bunny:Razz

brew
01-Nov-07, 17:51
i was free but my OH is taking me out for dinner, and if he took me for a doner pizza, i wouldnt be a happy bunny:Razz

Well you dont know what you are missing out on, (and the Pizza.)

Ash
01-Nov-07, 17:55
to stop confusion, brew(graeme) is my OH :D

karia
01-Nov-07, 17:59
(You tell him ash!;))

Does anyone else have a problem with Basmati rice?

I love all Indian food except this.

I keep trying to like it but always come to the same conclusion..it's hard , dry and chewy and doesn't soak up the curry sauce like boiled rice or Pilau do, in short......

..What is it for?:confused

Karia

brew
01-Nov-07, 17:59
to stop confusion, brew(graeme) is my OH :D

Lol. no harm in messing

xx

Ash
01-Nov-07, 18:00
Lol. no harm in messing

xx

never said there was!
:lol:

see ya later ;)xx

karia
01-Nov-07, 18:01
Hmm Hmm! Basmati rice?:roll:

karia

Moira
01-Nov-07, 18:26
Karia - I love brown basmati rice - the texture and the slightly nutty flavour. It takes all kinds as they say...;)

karia
01-Nov-07, 18:36
Karia - I love brown basmati rice - the texture and the slightly nutty flavour. It takes all kinds as they say...;)

Haven't tried the brown stuff Moira....just the yellow and the technicolour varieties.

Do you actually cook it at home if serving curry rather than boiling up some long grain, or is it only a restaurant choice?

I KNOW I must be missing something ...enlighten me please!:D

karia

golach
01-Nov-07, 22:40
The Best Indian I know of is Mahatma Ghandi, now he was a great man

karia
01-Nov-07, 22:43
The Best Indian I know of is Mahatma Ghandi, now he was a great man

No arguing with that!

Kariax

Moira
01-Nov-07, 23:13
.....Do you actually cook it at home if serving curry rather than boiling up some long grain, or is it only a restaurant choice?

I KNOW I must be missing something ...enlighten me please!
karia

I never use long grain rice since "discovering" brown basmati. Boil for 20 minutes (I don't add salt), drain, return to pan and leave to stand for 5 minutes. I serve it with curry, sweet & sour, beef stroganoff - any dish at all which requires rice as a partner. Not tried it in soup yet though ;)

I don't usually order rice in restaurants as I find the portion sizes too much, so I just pinch a spoonful of hubby's and concentrate on the naan bread. I love bread :D

karia
01-Nov-07, 23:23
Will give it a try moira!

Thanks!;)

kariaxx

WeeBurd
02-Nov-07, 00:04
Another basmati family here, Karia, but just the plain steamed stuff (see the "Simple Things" thread :D). Haven't used long-grain for years.

karia
02-Nov-07, 00:28
Thanks Weebs! (see what I did there?):)

If it has your recommendation, how can it fail!

Munch...crunch.there goes a tooth!:mad:

kariaxx

riggerboy
02-Nov-07, 12:39
imo i think it must be tonto he and the lone ranger were great lol

Anne x
02-Nov-07, 12:42
Another Basmati family here use it with loads of different dishes or once cooked add bits for a side dish for salads etc