PDA

View Full Version : Sandison

Kingetter
17-Oct-07, 18:51
Has anyone the name Sandison in their research? Probably Caithness rather than Orkney or Shetland.

Thanks,

James.

Tricia
18-Oct-07, 23:39
Good Evening James
Sandison - I have links to 2 families
1) Sophia Sandison b c 1853 m to John Wares my 2c3r.
her line
David Sandison m 1850 to Margaret Bain
James Sandison m 1815 to Esther Cormack.

2) Donald Sandison b 1858 Watten m Alice MORE my 2c3r Wick
His line
Donald Sandison(Watten) m 1849 to Janet Miller
Marcus Sandison m c1802 to Elizabeth McIver (haven't got marriage) Census (1841 in Watten)
Marcus perhaps son of Peter Sandison and Marjory Couper c 20 Jan 1771 Watten.(his 1st son was a Peter 2nd daug Marjory)
his spouse Elizabeth McIver c 27 Mar 1777 to Donald McIver and Elizabeth Taylor.

Tricia

Kingetter
19-Oct-07, 02:17
Hullo Tricia,

Thanks for that. A temporary glych (with an external hard drive) has temporarily caused me to 'lose' my original source material and links. Some names you give look familiar but I cannot rely on my (failing) memory.
Will get back to this as soon as I'm able.
Thanks again.

James.

PS - Found this- Magnus Sandison age 65 born Watton, Caithnesshire. (1881 census). Any connections maybe?

James

Tricia
19-Oct-07, 11:13
Good Morning James

I also have a Jannet Sandison m 1789 David Robertson (Watten).
Robertson being my indriect link here.

As for Magnus Sandison b Watten - Can't find one aged 65 in 1881?? where was he and whp with?
Births Watten. (NB there are some Marcus also)
MAGNUS SANDISON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 18 DEC 1720 Watten, Caithness, Scotland
Gender: Male Christening: 10 NOV 1754 Watten, Caithness, Scotland
Gender: Male Christening: 06 DEC 1756 Watten, Caithness, Scotland
Gender: Male Christening: 09 SEP 1794 Watten, Caithness, Scotland

I am particularrly interested in Esther CORMACK m 1815 (see my last message)- Can anyone with CORMACKS place her PLEASE.
Esther was aged 48 in 1841 (although we know that can be wrong) - In 1851 she was not recorded with her husband James Sandison (WICK).

Tricia

Kingetter
19-Oct-07, 11:29
Thanks Tricia - will get a look at these later today.

James.

Mamie_2
24-Oct-07, 17:42
I have these on my tree Tricia. Unfortunately I don't know anymore about Esther than you do. Both James and Esther were deceased before Jul 6 1855.

Their youngest son John married my great grand aunt Jane Dunnet d/o of John Dunnet and Helen Unston(tons of variations) who were married on the above date.

I wondered maybe is Esther is the Hester d/o James Cormack and Margaret Cooper who was born in 1790?

Mamie

Tricia
28-Oct-07, 19:52
Hi Mamie!
Yes looks like Hester Cormack b 1790
found burial

Wick 620
Jas Sandison shoemaker 14.1.1855 79, w Esther Cormack 15.12.1845 55, ed s Isaac Pt.

I am away to check who James Cormack and Margaret Cooper are now.
Have you got them?

Tricia

Tricia
28-Oct-07, 20:09
I have these on my tree Tricia. Unfortunately I don't know anymore about Esther than you do. Both James and Esther were deceased before Jul 6 1855.

Their youngest son John married my great grand aunt Jane Dunnet d/o of John Dunnet and Helen Unston(tons of variations) who were married on the above date.

I wondered maybe is Esther is the Hester d/o James Cormack and Margaret Cooper who was born in 1790?

Mamie

Of course we get a link again - John Dunnet and Helen Unston had a son John Dunnet m my 1c4r Christina Manson Shearer.
Tricia