PDA

View Full Version : place of birth

justine
12-Oct-07, 15:20
I came acroos a story about a baby that was born last night on a flight to brussels.She was born over the sahara desert.The question i would like your views on, What goes on the birth certificate for place of birth....The mother is from the congo and they were taken to a hospital in brussels when the flight landed, but what do they state as place of birth any ideas....

johno
12-Oct-07, 15:23
Guess that it would be the first place the plane landed in,???

Lucy
12-Oct-07, 16:34
My daughter was born in an ambulance on route to Raigmore. her certificate states " in an ambulance at Borgue, Berriedale" i was told that if she had been born in an aircraft it would have stated she was born at ???????feet/altitude over the nearest town/village on the ground. i dare say the pilot would be able to provide the info.

cuddlepop
12-Oct-07, 18:04
My daughter was born in an ambulance on route to Raigmore. her certificate states " in an ambulance at Borgue, Berriedale" i was told that if she had been born in an aircraft it would have stated she was born at ???????feet/altitude over the nearest town/village on the ground. i dare say the pilot would be able to provide the info.
My youngest was born in the back of the ambulance too.Unfortunatly the registra here wouldn't let us put Urquart Castle,which was the nearest landmark and insisted Inverness.:(

Not impressed.

I think it would have looked amazing to have Urquart Castle as place of birth.:D

hotrod4
12-Oct-07, 18:11
Maybe their "Sprout" could give the cabbage patch babies a run for their money :)
Seriously wouldnt it normally be the place where the child was "officially" born with a doctor as in the same way doctors pronounce time of death is deemed official?

honey
19-Oct-07, 20:44
my youngest was born in the bathroom.. glad they didnt put "in the bog" on the birth certificate tho!!!:lol:

DM07
19-Oct-07, 20:50
My first was born in the front seat of a fronteria at well over 60 mph going over the bridge at haster! He fell into my nike sport trouser bottoms. However the registrar put Wick General as that where we were heading, spose its better than vaxhall fronteria or nike trackie bottoms!.
My second was born in the bedroom in our house and her birth certificate has our address as the place of birth.
all fun

Julia
19-Oct-07, 20:56
My first was born in the front seat of a fronteria at well over 60 mph going over the bridge at haster! He fell into my nike sport trouser bottoms. However the registrar put Wick General as that where we were heading, spose its better than vaxhall fronteria or nike trackie bottoms!.
My second was born in the bedroom in our house and her birth certificate has our address as the place of birth.
all fun

'Nike Trackie-Bottoms', isn't that a little village in the south east of England?

karia
19-Oct-07, 21:44
all fun

What do you do for an 'encore'?:eek:

karia

DM07
19-Oct-07, 21:58
Never again! Im done with my bairns. Would have one for someone else, as long as I dont have to have it in a car or a hospital for that matter :)

honey
23-Oct-07, 09:19
Never again! Im done with my bairns. Would have one for someone else, as long as I dont have to have it in a car or a hospital for that matter :)

i said that after having my first son.. that was 26 hours of pure hell.. after having Chris in the bathroom tho.. i keep thinking "well, if its that easy, i want another one".. saying that, they do say each labour gets quicker each time... so i might have to sign myself into hospital a week before im due if i do get pregnant agin.. dont think Hubby would be up to delivering another one!! :lol:

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 09:59
my youngest was born in the bathroom.. glad they didnt put "in the bog" on the birth certificate tho!!!:lol:

Could have been amusing though, honey! Hehe.

mccaugm
23-Oct-07, 10:15
My middle child was almost born in a layby on the way from Tore to Inverness....my dad who was driving at the time put the foot down and we made it to the delivery ward with minutes to spare. My last child also barely made it to the hospital with even less time to spare. I doubt I will have another one but if I do I think I will just have it at home. Don't think hubby is too keen on the idea though. LOL![lol]

honey
23-Oct-07, 16:53
Could have been amusing though, honey! Hehe.

especially if I had taken my sister in laws advise and called him Louis!!! :lol:

xx_chickie
23-Oct-07, 19:30
especially if I had taken my sister in laws advise and called him Louis!!! :lol:

Haha!! Poor child! :lol:

highbury
24-Oct-07, 13:39
'Nike Trackie-Bottoms', isn't that a little village in the south east of England?

almost right, it's correct title is "margate":Razz