PDA

View Full Version : Thurso College circa 1995

Saveman
19-Sep-07, 15:43
Here's a photo I found a while back from the first Modern Music course in Thurso College.......points to note:

The Pepsi Challenge before he discovered the joys of peroxide.....someone else who wasn't even on the music course...............my genuine attempt to look moody.....and of course the fact TPC is the only one who looked remotely happy....did he know something we didn't?

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Sep-07, 17:40
I knew something alright... to get out of Dodge quickly. Thanks for the piccie, Ed, I honestly can't remember it been taken. We look like Chapterhouse, or some other sad shoegazing band. Where are they all now, eh???

:)

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Sep-07, 17:47
By the way, isn't the chick in the picture - and am not talking about Niall "man of the 90s" Porter - Paul's sister, Ed? Must admit, though the course was doomed from the beginning - even the lecturers were telling us to get real jobs - everyone on it was sound as a pound. What is everyone doing now, I wonder?

Well, I left for Auld Reekie and became a (ahem) writer. Am still playing in a band and thankfully no longer wearing adidas. Ralph left for Edinburgh not long after me. He became a very good chef, and is now a very good sound engineer. He, too, is still playing in a band - the mighty ska-infused Joe Viterbo. He's also engaged to be married, poor sod.

Saveman
19-Sep-07, 19:21
Yes it is Paul's sister.....my sister-in-law now as it happens (she hops between UK and Dominican Republic like they're neighbouring islands these days).....not sure how she managed to get in on the pic....

Good to hear Ralph is doing well, he was a good laugh.....what ever happened to Niall I've not seen him in donkeys?

The Pepsi Challenge
19-Sep-07, 20:30
I always thought of her as a very sweet hippychick. What does she do these days? How's Paul and the gang? Last I heard, Niall was DJing in Aberdeen. I bumped into him a couple of years ago and he was, well, same old Niall (though now a man of the Noughties).

Saveman
19-Sep-07, 20:42
She's temping in London, saving up to go back "home" (the DR.)

Paul is living in London with his wee family, working for the NHS (IT dept.)......he was up a couple of weeks ago, complete with his leftie....we had a mini-Weep reunion....ah the joys....;)