PDA

View Full Version : I am so bored!!

Lindsay
14-Sep-07, 21:00
Is it me or is it the weather, I feel utterly fed up and bored. Its stupid really as how can a mother of 2 children and a baby be bored!
Any ideas to stop a bored mummy going mad!

karia
14-Sep-07, 21:07
Hi Lindsay,

google..I'm so bored'..there are fab sites out there!:D

Karia xx

Lindsay
14-Sep-07, 21:09
Thank you very much I will google

canuck
14-Sep-07, 21:09
Lindsay, I went through the bored mummy stage years ago. The jury is still out on whether I went mad or not so maybe advise from me wouldn't be too helpful.

As to being bored on a Friday evening you can always do as you have done and turn to the org. Now the challenge is to convince some of those logged on readers out there to wander over to the chat room for a wee blether. The coffee is hot, I checked. And I see that some kind soul had donuts sent in.

trix
14-Sep-07, 21:14
hey guys!!

am just headin up til e auld chiles for a few drams. do his heid in aboot e moon for a whilie :D

work in e morn so better go cany - on e drink, no on him [lol]

hope ye's all hev a nice w'end.

speak soon x

karia
14-Sep-07, 21:20
Hi canuck,

The chatroom moves way too fast for me and I can only keep up with one conversation at a time ..and then folks think you're ignoring them and get all upset.

I won't go back for now as even Golach can type me into a corner.:eek:

karia

bluelady
15-Sep-07, 00:07
Hi Lindsay, why not try tracing your ancestory. It becomes a challange and its surprising what you can learn about your ancestors. you may even find distant relations you knew nothing about and if they have old photo's, how there are simalarities in people that are virtual strangers.Now, I cannae find enough time to do it. :)

trix
15-Sep-07, 00:46
hey bluelady, yeah i believe ye.
ma faither dis all at an he's actually found his mithers brither that she didna even ken existed. shes 75 i think...(better no quote me on that) and just over e moon. they are all meetin in october :)

bluelady
15-Sep-07, 01:03
Aye Trix, ive had contact with my ancestors descedants from all over e UK, New Zealand, Texas,Australia. I waited until I woz in ma 40's to start this and both my parents dead and other relatives elderly so info lost ot muddled. I wished I did it years ago, but sadly as youngsters we not interested in e past. I could have put a tree on e wall and added new generations with ma kids and made it fun. So come on youngsters, start now whilst you got elders with e info. Hope yer dadda's reunion is a sucess Trix and happy researching :)

BRIE
15-Sep-07, 10:01
think its the time of year. kids back at school, bad weather & then boredom sets in! i know the feeling & with the washing, ironing, cooking & cleaning your other half ask how you can possibly be bored!!:lol:

cuddlepop
15-Sep-07, 10:08
Beautiful night here so we decided to go out for a spin and find a nice dark spot and just look up at the stars.We saw a shooting star and the Milky Way it was beautiful ...and romantic;)

Do something different it usually helps.

BRIE
15-Sep-07, 10:12
Beautiful night here so we decided to go out for a spin and find a nice dark spot and just look up at the stars.We saw a shooting star and the Milky Way it was beautiful ...and romantic;)

dont think it would have the same ambience with the kids screaming i the back seat!:lol:

Lindsay
15-Sep-07, 14:58
So with the beautiful Caithness weather well and truly upon us today whats everyone up too.................................

Ricco
15-Sep-07, 15:02
Hi canuck,

The chatroom moves way too fast for me and I can only keep up with one conversation at a time ..and then folks think you're ignoring them and get all upset.

I won't go back for now as even Golach can type me into a corner.:eek:

karia

Karia - do come along. You can always stay in the Lounge and have a cosy chat to Canuck, me and one or two others.

karia
15-Sep-07, 15:16
Hi Ricco,

Thank you for that most cordial of invites, I may yet muster the courage to drop by.

May the wind be at your back in tomorrow's venture!

Karia

Ricco
15-Sep-07, 17:34
Hi Ricco,

Thank you for that most cordial of invites, I may yet muster the courage to drop by.

May the wind be at your back in tomorrow's venture!

Karia

Now that WILL be wonderful - I am going for the distance in as close to 2 1/2 hours as I can get.

"Was that Hammie in another jet car? No, it was Ricco going for broke." ;)

Dadie
15-Sep-07, 18:14
Go and put your wellies on and splash in the puddles for a while the fresh air will blow the cobwebs away...(it may be a good idea to take the kids with you for this one) afterwards cozy baths, jammies and hot choc all round...

karia
15-Sep-07, 18:18
Go and put your wellies on and splash in the puddles for a while the fresh air will blow the cobwebs away...(it may be a good idea to take the kids with you for this one) afterwards cozy baths, jammies and hot choc all round...

Ah Dadie,

Can one assume that it is raining in Caithness?.....again![lol]

Karia

Dadie
15-Sep-07, 18:49
yes its been horrible weather today constant rain i have managed to keep myself busy..washing machine and tumble dryer on constantly, painted the porch a cheery yellow, fixed the carpet that was slipping on the stairs, hung a few mirrors, unpacked more boxes (all with help from hubby)just about to bath and put Lauren to bed then we are going to chill with a bottle of wine or two..

Wish
17-Sep-07, 11:31

Sounds lovely Jackie, I never get to see anything like that:(

thefugitive1993
18-Sep-07, 10:53
Is it me or is it the weather, I feel utterly fed up and bored. Its stupid really as how can a mother of 2 children and a baby be bored!
Any ideas to stop a bored mummy going mad!

Try this:
Let's assume you are 30 years old, life expectancy for a UK female (don't know, just guessing) 85. Assuming you have a "normal" biological clock, and aren't going to be skydiving at 84, you probably have 40(ish) active years left, a number of these with creaky knees and clicky hips, so get moving...
In your situation, I'd make a list of events that would really fly my kite (money no object), it might include hangliding off the big Jesus in Rio, scubadiving with whalesharks, visiting the Cadbury's factory, or getting a new pair of Jimmy Choo's and dancing in them; then I'd work out a short-term timescale, for the most realistic, a middle-term one for bigger treats, and some long-term goals for things that really need planning and saving. Of course you can't tick all your boxes, but you can sure tick some.
I think you should include some visits (even online visits) to people who can't afford the luxury of boredom, because they are starving, diseased, or under attack, then put ten ways which you are going to contribute to society on your list, together with that timescale, and don't forget to involve your family in the scheme.
Or, you could just go on Google.......

paris
18-Sep-07, 11:01
Hi Lindsay, why not try tracing your ancestory. It becomes a challange and its surprising what you can learn about your ancestors. you may even find distant relations you knew nothing about and if they have old photo's, how there are simalarities in people that are virtual strangers.Now, I cannae find enough time to do it. :)
I was adopted and grew up as an only child..... found out i had got 11 siblings and traced them all via the web and different sites......took a few years but was well worth it . jan x

Thumper
18-Sep-07, 11:23
Wow paris what an amazing story!I bet you were so happy to find them all x