PDA

View Full Version : The long and winding road

karia
31-Aug-07, 18:33
Evening folks,

Not really much of a thread this ..but,

At about 11am yesterday there was a guy on the Forth Road Bridge hitching a lift to Wick...sadly we couldn't help as going to Fife but I can't help wondering if he got there okay...or if he is still out there somewhere trying to get to Wick.

I know it's a long shot that he is an Orger, but if anyone knows anyone who was out there then and looking to go to Wick...gonna let me know if he got there safe ...and how long it took him!

He has been in my thoughts all day..at least the weather was kind!:D

Karia

helenwyler
31-Aug-07, 19:30
Don't know what happened to that guy karia - hope he got home safely...

..but hitchhiking! Ah that takes me back!

MrW and I used to hitchhike everywhere when we were students and beyond...we had no money, but an urge to explore...we hitchhiked to Scotland (often), Dorset, southern Ireland (where an incredibly trusting woman let us stay in her house overnight when she was not there!)

We hitchhiked in Belgium and France too...where because of bad weather we were once fed and put up for the night too - all free of charge, just people being kind and trusting.

We did have a couple of whacky or worse lift-givers over the years, and I never travelled alone, but the vast majority were kind, interesting people who often went out of their way for us:).

MrW even had a lift with Yahudi Menuin (spelling?) once!

Happy days!