PDA

View Full Version : Another Internet Explorer problem

ecb
27-Aug-07, 14:29
A pc running Windows 2000 Professional with Internet Explore 6.0.2800.1106, web browser, that I sometimes use, can only have one window open at the time (all the PCs others can have more than one window open). Most of the time it allows users to navigate "Back" to a web page, they had been on immediately before, but not always.

Today, I clicked on a Job description and it opened in a new window (the previous window closed, simultaneously), but the Back arrow (in the "Standard buttons" tool bar) is greyed out (and the downwards pointing arrow to the right of the word "Back" is also greyed out), so I can't easily get back to the original job advert.

How can this be remedied?

Bobinovich
27-Aug-07, 19:45
I'm going to take a stab that this is to do with the way your Internet Explorer is set up to handle links to new pages, etc.

If you start IE and go into Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, look down the list for Reuse windows for launching shortcuts which I'm going to guess will be unticked. This means that any links clicked will open a new window, rather than reusing the current window, and effectively stops you from using the Back button.

However the other symptom, the original window closing as the new one opens, I can't see a setting for, so I'm hoping that when you put a tick in the above setting and click OK that it will resolve both problems simultaneously.

I'm sure you'll let us know :D