PDA

View Full Version : horrific!!!

Ash
21-Aug-07, 15:57
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1280630,00.html

i cried when read this :~(

watman
21-Aug-07, 16:19
Just saw it on the skynews website. What a shame, it is unimaginable what the mother and the driver are going through. Living with the guilt of causing something like that is more of a punishment than anything else

justine
21-Aug-07, 18:00
yes it is such a shame. and like watman i cant imagine what the mother and the driver must be going through. An innocent child killed by an innocent man...At leat he stopped, most people would have driven off.At least he had a concience, trying to console the mother and being helpfull with the police...But nothing can bring back the life that was lost...I hope that the mother can find comfort in the fact that the driver stopped and will be feeling heartbroken by such a terrible accident...

orkneylass
21-Aug-07, 18:05
yes - sometimes accidents just happen and the victims include the person who made a genuine mistake etc. Often forgotton but the life of a person who kills a child that ran out into the road in front of them is often ruined - wrong place, wrong time, but little sympathy from the community.

justine
21-Aug-07, 18:07
yes - sometimes accidents just happen and the victims include the person who made a genuine mistake etc. Often forgotton but the life of a person who kills a child that ran out into the road in front of them is often ruined - wrong place, wrong time, but little sympathy from the community.

Am with you on that. Very quick to judge a mans mistakes before getting all the facts....Luckily for this one tragedy there was a witness who stated that he was not speeding and did everything to avoid what happened....My heart is with the driver the mother and the family members of both...

Alice in Blunderland
21-Aug-07, 21:48
Reading this one has brought back memories to me of the night my husband told me he had killed a child in a car accident.

There was nothing he could do about it , the little girl ran out between two cars and he braked but could not avoid the impact. The mother of the girl was standing by the roadside and witnessed the whole thing.

There was nothing that could be done for her and no charges were brought. This was many years ago but he lives with it to this very day.

As they say life goes on but he will never forget.

DarkAngel
21-Aug-07, 21:53
That story is very sad!

Cinders392
21-Aug-07, 21:57
As they say life goes on but he will never forget.

its true however hopefully with time it will become easier. A few seconds can change the whole course of ones life.

Lolabelle
21-Aug-07, 21:57
What an awful accident, they must all be going through hell. I wonder what happened that made his car go onto the footpath? Do any other news report say?

JAWS
21-Aug-07, 22:42
It's reported that the driver blames brake failure but the police say that is only one line of enquiry. At this stage I would think the cause is anybody's guess.

DeHaviLand
21-Aug-07, 23:26
Justine, I have to take exception to your statement that " most people would have driven off". Most people, more than 95% I would imagine, would surely have stopped. Its only a minority of our population who are rotten to the core and morally reprehensible.