PDA

View Full Version : New Nail Salon in Wick

flint
20-Aug-07, 19:42
Hello everyone, someone I know is planning to open a Nail Salon in Wick. She is looking for feedback, to see whether or not it is worth starting.
She is planning doing Gel & Acrylic Nails, Nail Art and Manicures.

Would be great if people could respond to this thread stating whether they would use it or not plus any ideas people may have. Thanks.

Ash
20-Aug-07, 19:45
thats great!

i live in thurso but i would defo use it

caithness needs more things, oh i quite like the thought of being pampered!

good idea! :D;)

flint
20-Aug-07, 20:58
Thanks for the reply Ash, thats great if you would use the service. You could also mention it to your friends in Thurso to see what they think!!!

Thanks again for the feedback........

anneoctober
20-Aug-07, 21:01
Think that's a great idea ! hen parties, wedding nails, special occasions, pampering......... where & when??? [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
20-Aug-07, 21:10
I think a nail salon is a great idea and would definately use it... :)

A thought though... overheads will be a big drain and this will eat into any profit. This thought in mind would it not be a good idea to maybe aproach some up and running hair salons or beauty therapists with a business plan to see if you could share premises working with each other. :)

jinglejangle
20-Aug-07, 21:18
Hi Flint

the link below was discussed a few months back and there was positive feedback for nail bar then.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=19383&highlight=nail-bar

NLP
20-Aug-07, 21:18
What a great idea, not my cup of tea but I'm sure it would be a big hit.

DeHaviLand
20-Aug-07, 22:24
I could be tempted to use it

dirdyweeker
20-Aug-07, 22:50
I already get MY nails done on a regular basis. Their is a 'beauty' place attached to "Curl up and Dye" (Die?!) in Victoria Street, the lass there does nails too.

j4bberw0ck
20-Aug-07, 23:32
Will they do galvanised nails? I've a roof to re-slate shortly.........:lol:

Sorry, I'll get my coat.........:roll:

flint
21-Aug-07, 19:23
Thankyou all for the response so far, it seems to be possitive at least.....

If the orgers could keep spreading the word around, that would be great!!

The more feedback the better!!

Thanks again...

WildChild
21-Aug-07, 19:33
Think its a brilliant idea lol Id love to have a manicure and get my nails done all nice lol :Razz

munchkin
21-Aug-07, 20:54
great i would love my nails done they are in a horrid state

DarkAngel
21-Aug-07, 21:55
I think its a good idea aswell...Dependin on the prices n things!Good for girlie days out and hen do's weddings birthdays etc!I think its great i would use it!

flint
23-Aug-07, 20:49
Thanks dirtyweeker, checked with the girl she only does tips that last a few days. Acyrlic and Gel nails last up to 6 weeks depending how you look after them. More value for your money so come on orgers, plenty of you looking but need more feedback if she is to open up. Very much appreciated!!!!!

Thank you for replying.....(:

angela5
24-Aug-07, 13:37
If the price is good then a few may be tempted to stray away from the many beauty salons offering this service.

flint
24-Aug-07, 16:11
thank you for your comment anglea5. do you know who offers this service, as my friend does not know of anyone in Caithness who is offering the following service Acrylic Nail & Gel Nails, also Nail art. I know that beauty salons offer Manicures.

gemma89
24-Aug-07, 16:22
Im sure maggie does nails extentions and nail art!
Shes got the beauty stop i think its called!

angela5
24-Aug-07, 19:57
thank you for your comment anglea5. do you know who offers this service, as my friend does not know of anyone in Caithness who is offering the following service Acrylic Nail & Gel Nails, also Nail art. I know that beauty salons offer Manicures.

Nail Art/extensions/fibreglass is offered at The Beauty stop, Katrina Sutherlands and the beauty room within Headlines. I'm sure many other salons in Caithness offer this aswell.
Katrina will be offering Acrylic/gel nails at christmas after training is completed.
As Alice in Blunderland say's, approaching a salon with the buisness plan to see if they could share premises sounds a good idea.

blondscot
24-Aug-07, 21:09
i know of someone in Watten who does all things nails from home and her prices are very reasonable! Unless prices were really good i think folk who already get them done in other places may not be tempted to try someone new!

trix
24-Aug-07, 21:36
am afraid ats a shop that i wid never be in. i da look efter ma nails at all. a kweek file an a lick o clear polish, (aboot twice a year) :D
i will tell ma pals tho, they're much more girly than me. am sure that one or two o them wil be delited.
one o ma pals even has her toe nails manicured :eek:

lady penelope
25-Aug-07, 12:58
Hi Flint, are you able to tell me if she does forms or just tips in gel nails.
I prefer nail forms but the nearest is Inverness.

floyed
26-Aug-07, 00:26
I think its a good idea, i would probable use it for special occasions but not regularly. :D

flint
26-Aug-07, 14:03
Hi Flint, are you able to tell me if she does forms or just tips in gel nails.
I prefer nail forms but the nearest is Inverness.

Thank you for your replies everyone so far, yes she will be doing nail forms. so hopefully that will save you travelling to ness..

icekah
30-Aug-07, 14:15
hi, yes this would be a fantastic idea as you have to go to inverness to get decent gel or acrylic nails if you live up here [sorry no offence to people who do it], i haven't heard of anybody who has a natural talent or is exceptionally good in caithness. however i know that katrina sutherland is planning to do gel nails shortly as well. so your friend might have some decent competition.

flowertot
30-Aug-07, 22:41
I think it would be a good idea to open a salon that offers acrylic nails as seemingly they last longer, and I knew a few people who would defoe go and get them done. :)

Anne x
30-Aug-07, 22:45
body N soul in thurso do great gel nails and all qualified nice therapists wonderful manicures as well

flint
01-Sep-07, 13:42
Would like to thank everyone who has responded to my forum. Would like to let you know that the girl will be a fully Qualified Nail Technician before the end of September.
She has taken your advice an rented a space within a Beauty Salon, will hopefully be opening very soon after she qualifies.

so watch this space for more details..

gem1982
06-Sep-07, 00:30
body N soul in thurso do great gel nails and all qualified nice therapists wonderful manicures as well

I got my gel nails done in body and sould for my wedding and it was a complete botched job! I have a kit at home and could have done them far better myself but given that it was my wedding I though oh I shall get pampered it was a nightmare. I sat and had them all done, set them under the lamp etc etc she went to use the finishing lotion stuff to remove the excess gel and the whole time the lamp wasnt on! I was too busy yapping to my mum to notice and she looked at me as if it was my fault!!!! She then somehow managed to speed through doing the gel part in 5 minutes when first time round she was at it for about 15 minutes!!!

Andrew C
06-Sep-07, 00:33
I just bite my nails...would be no good to me

Thumper
06-Sep-07, 09:47
I have had gel nails done but it was when I was abroad and to be honest they were amazing I could just wear a french polish and they looked so natural!I haven't had them done locally but I have seen some of the jobs done locally and thats exactly why I haven't had them done up here :rolleyes:x

Hibeechick
06-Sep-07, 10:20
Used to get mine done in Edinburgh all the time by a friend who did them in Harvey Nics! Must admit I usually just do them myself now, but for special occassions Maggie in Argyle square does them for me.

flint
12-Oct-07, 22:00
Hi Orgers,

Well thought i would keep you updated, my daughter has passed her course and is now a fully trained Nail Technician.

She took your advice and is going in the front shop with Gillian when she moves to her new premises. The premises are being done up at the moment. So until they are ready she will be working from home. I hope this wont put you off going.

The business is called Tips2Toe and you can email Irene for appointments on
www.tips2toe@hotmail.com or phone 07511 684 279

Thank you orgers for all your feedback Irene hopes to see some of you soon.