PDA

View Full Version : 35 million

horseman
17-Aug-07, 08:22
What about the poor lady who won that 35 mill, mega bucks this week!oh yea she has lost her way in life now, all the sharks will be targeting her now an there are a lot of 'big whites' about.Hope an pray her +son+sisters it all goes well.But I think it is too much at once-However thinking about it- the finger was pointed at her-big time,hope she gets the right mob about her,cause by cracky she will needit.
But hells bells;the things she could do!!!
Me family-charitys sorry thats it-but well pleased its a scottish lass as as done it.:lol:

johno
17-Aug-07, 09:06
35 mill, wow :eek: what a windfall, but i think camelot help to sort out the affairs by giving councilling and the services of accountants etc
anyway good luck to her i hope it bring s her nothing but happiness.
far as im concerned everyone that buys a ticket has the chance & good luck to all of them.

porshiepoo
17-Aug-07, 09:37
It is an awful lot of money but look at the things you could do with it!!

Wonder what excitement life will hold though when you can pretty much afford anything? Would a person have the same feeling of achievement for things when they've not had to save to get it? What happens when you've pretty much had it all or done it all?

Although this lady says she doesn't want her life to change, I don't think she's going to have much say in it. Perhaps she should have kept her anonymity?
Whatever, there's no way this amount of money won't have an adverse effect in some way.

Good luck to the lady though. I would imagine there's been times that she struggled to wade through life and support herself and her son. It's always nice to see the lottery fund go to people such as this.

Lolabelle
17-Aug-07, 10:14
I hope things work out for her through this, I have heard so many stories of the lives that are wrecked by the winning of lots of money.

crayola
17-Aug-07, 10:15
What about the poor lady who won that 35 mill, mega bucks this week!Poor lady? Poor is one thing she isn't! :D

Anne x
17-Aug-07, 11:24
I think its just great for her and her son they went from a overdraft and a lower wage that week because she had gone on strike to all that money

All she actually said was she wanted a new house but had to be close to where they lived as her son didnt want to move school

in her interviews she came over as a really nice person and is even going to take care of her ex her sons dad

I hope she gets all the guidance and help to manage her winnings and the correct advice and most of all enjoys it .

jsherris
17-Aug-07, 12:10
I'm pleased that a 'mrs normal' won it too!

The only thing that makes me frown is that she went public - personally I don't think that was a good move, and hawks up all sorts of problems in itself.

That said, I sure hope she enjoys it all & has lots of adventures..... can you tell I'm really getting into the whole mid-life crisis thing of having adventures? Haha! [lol]

BRIE
17-Aug-07, 12:15
dont think id like to win that amount! id never manage to spend it & if you start giving it away where do you stop? there would be so many begging letters!
wouldnt mind £1million tho:lol: & i wouldnt tell a soul!

horseman
17-Aug-07, 16:28
dont think id like to win that amount! id never manage to spend it & if you start giving it away where do you stop? there would be so many begging letters!
wouldnt mind £1million tho:lol: & i wouldnt tell a soul!

That would do me too brie:)

brandy
17-Aug-07, 17:12
lord have mercy.. if i had that.. i dont know what i would do.
i know where a good chunk would go *Grins* pay off everything first... then set my poor mother up for the rest of her life.. make several very large donations.. and God knows what to do with teh rest of it.. invest and live off the intrest?

orkneylass
17-Aug-07, 18:20
In one newspaper a young man who won a huge amount several years ago gave some very good advice. he said she would find out who her real friends were and should stick to her family for larger gifts. he also said that he ignored all the begging letters and preferred to benefit larger groups of people through donations to recognised charities. paying off the ex-hubby sounds like good value for money.......

scorrie
17-Aug-07, 18:27
dont think id like to win that amount! id never manage to spend it

Golfer John Daly has spent between $50 and $60 Million during his career and is currently married to his Fourth Wife. When asked where the money went, Daly replied "Mostly on gambling, drink and strip clubs, the rest of it I squandered away"

Cattach
17-Aug-07, 18:37
What about the poor lady who won that 35 mill, mega bucks this week!oh yea she has lost her way in life now, all the sharks will be targeting her now an there are a lot of 'big whites' about.Hope an pray her +son+sisters it all goes well.But I think it is too much at once-However thinking about it- the finger was pointed at her-big time,hope she gets the right mob about her,cause by cracky she will needit.
But hells bells;the things she could do!!!
Me family-charitys sorry thats it-but well pleased its a scottish lass as as done it.:lol:

Saw an other big winner interview and she said she did not have one begging letter! She also seemed tp handle herself well so it demends on the personality and ability of the individual to cope. Good luck to her.
Hope it is not envy that is making you negative - instead give her a big electronic hug!!