PDA

View Full Version : livestock movement

emszxr
16-Aug-07, 09:56
anyone know what the laws are, seen as we have had a foot and mouth scare , regarding livestock movements.
i have a pig to collect but i know i cant transport it at present. the restrictions were going to be uplifted yesterday but that didnt happen. does anyone know when it may happen.
also what is the law on hill sheep wandering.

Victoria
16-Aug-07, 13:28
I though it was only down in the south -down my way.

Didn't realise that the restrictions were on up there also.

Foxy
16-Aug-07, 14:42
If you look on the Defra website it says that they may issue general license's for within holding movements and crossing public roads using strict biosecurity on 23rd August. If there are no new cases of foot and mouth movement restrictions could be lifted by 8th September. As for the hill sheep roaming i assume you are talking about the ones in Sutherland, i don't think it would be possible to stop them due to the lack of fences.

dunderheed
16-Aug-07, 18:22
I though it was only down in the south -down my way.

Didn't realise that the restrictions were on up there also.
victoria , when the foot and mouth is found anywhere in britain its a blanket ban across the country on livestock movements

Victoria
16-Aug-07, 18:47
victoria , when the foot and mouth is found anywhere in britain its a blanket ban across the country on livestock movements

Ahh right sorry I was getting confused with the exclusion zone which cuts accross my friends garden!