PDA

View Full Version : I want one!

Kenn
15-Aug-07, 22:40
Was watching a programme about aids for the not so able, now one thing really caught my eye, a remote controlled vacuum cleaner.
Sit in the arm chair and use the zapper, presto, carpets cleaned.no tripping over wires, pushing/ pulling the darn contraption and then finding the attachment that you wanted has vanished yet again into the wild blue yonder.
Now I wonder when that will come up with a device that strips the bed, remakes it, including putting the fresh duvet cover on?

What gadget would you like to ease the domestic chores?

anneoctober
15-Aug-07, 22:44
Was watching a programme about aids for the not so able, now one thing really caught my eye, a remote controlled vacuum cleaner.
Sit in the arm chair and use the zapper, presto, carpets cleaned.no tripping over wires, pushing/ pulling the darn contraption and then finding the attachment that you wanted has vanished yet again into the wild blue yonder.
Now I wonder when that will come up with a device that strips the bed, remakes it, including putting the fresh duvet cover on?

What gadget would you like to ease the domestic chores?
NOT A GADGET LIZZ, I NEED A HOUSEWIFE......:lol:
SORRY THE OLD ONES ARE ALWAYS THE BEST:roll:

botheed
15-Aug-07, 22:44

What gadget would you like to ease the domestic chores?a wife:Razz

karia
15-Aug-07, 22:49
Hi Lizz,

Something that 'zaps' my laundry so that it doesn't need ironed and a device that re-cycles my 'booze' bottles without making a complete 'show of me while humphing them to the bottle bank..clank..clank!;)

karia

Anne x
15-Aug-07, 22:58
snap Karia me 2
I hate Ironing!!! and a bottle bank drive still better than the dustman clank clanking and making the most noise at my door

jsherris
15-Aug-07, 23:18
OK, so I've been thinking......

I too, hate ironing - but I bought a new tumble dryer & it's fab - clothes out, folded or straight on hangers - voila! No more playing with the funny pointy thing in our house!

So, I hate hoovering..... but if I leave it long enough, hubby does it, so I guess I don't need a remote hoover either......

So, I hate washing up.... OK, when I'm on my diet, the tribe feed themselves, AND do their own washing up - so nope, I don't need a dishwasher then......

So, I hate cleaning the bathroom..... but daughter No1 & baby have now moved, Daughter No3 has gone also, leaving Daughter No2 who whizzes thru the shower like a bolt of lightning, not even leaving a splash, so not a lot to do there.....

So, how about a gadget that watches TV for me, so I can watch & digest my favourite programmes while I am on the PC? Perfect!
Julie
x

NLP
16-Aug-07, 09:28
I don't mind the ironing it's getting the time to do it (little one still not sleeping at night) dusting is my pet hate having to move everything only to put it back.

Angela
16-Aug-07, 09:40
I'm not over-fond of ironing, but I'd really like a little robot to get the ironing board up and back down again - I don't have enough space to leave it up.

Every time I catch my fingers and I can never seem to adjust it to exactly the right height. :(

Same idea - a device to automatically re-position the car seat to suit you, after someone else has been sitting in it, without fiddling about with levers -or maybe that already exists? :confused

Thumper
16-Aug-07, 10:03
I quite like ironing BUT I hate putting it away!If I leave it to the kids they just stuff it in their drawers so the whole lot has to be taken out and ironed again so if I could have a gadget it would be one that put all my ironing away nice and neatly for me :) x

helenwyler
16-Aug-07, 10:39
Remotely controlled hoover - yes please!!...especially if it could remove debris from floors first!!

I'd also like an inconspicuous little gadget in each room which silently attracts dust particles into it...and only operates when no-one was in the room! Hate dusting[evil]!

rhino
16-Aug-07, 10:46
A remote hoover.I wonder if it would work when I'm out walking the dog:D
A remote control bed maker!
A remote dirty laundry sorter!
Maybe I should just get off my bum and do it.

Victoria
16-Aug-07, 13:39
I'm not over-fond of ironing, but I'd really like a little robot to get the ironing board up and back down again - I don't have enough space to leave it up.

Every time I catch my fingers and I can never seem to adjust it to exactly the right height. :(

Same idea - a device to automatically re-position the car seat to suit you, after someone else has been sitting in it, without fiddling about with levers -or maybe that already exists? :confused

It does exist but I can't remember what car it is. The way it works is that every driver has a different key fob which remembers the positioning of your seat and mirrors! I want one of those - i just need to remember what car it was!

dunderheed
16-Aug-07, 18:18
It does exist but I can't remember what car it is. The way it works is that every driver has a different key fob which remembers the positioning of your seat and mirrors! I want one of those - i just need to remember what car it was!

think its either bmw or merc if i remember correctly oh or maybe mazda

laguna2
16-Aug-07, 18:20
think its either bmw or merc if i remember correctly oh or maybe mazda

I know that BMW does this - don't know about the others mentioned though.

Dave Taylor
16-Aug-07, 23:05
I don't mind ironing provided there's something distracting on tv to watch over the top of the board.
I do mind changing the bed clothes, especially when I visit my Mum (she's 87) and she asks me to help her to "do" hers!