PDA

View Full Version : New Series Starts Tonight...........

Victoria
14-Aug-07, 11:46
Great British Journeys, BBC 2, 8pm - 9pm

just incase anyone interested...

Thomas Pennant: A Tour in Scotland
New series. Geographer and writer Nicholas Crane follows in the footsteps of eight British explorers, beginning with the route taken by scientist Thomas Pennant through the roughlands of Scotland. He discovers why the expedition diverted from Ledbeg in Sutherland and took an 18-mile detour through bogs and mountains to the obscure island of Inchmaree

changilass
14-Aug-07, 12:08
Cheers for that Victoria, I have set sky to record it in case I forget to watch it later

Angela
14-Aug-07, 12:15
Thanks Victoria, I will either watch or record it....so long as another senior moment doesn't come along and prevent me :roll: ....it sounds very promising! :)

helenwyler
14-Aug-07, 14:36
Sounds interesting Victoria, thanks:).

Excuse my ignorance but where is Inchmaree?

Victoria
14-Aug-07, 18:00
I have no idea! I'll guess i'll be more the wiser after 8pm!:lol:

karia
14-Aug-07, 18:11
Sounds interesting Victoria, thanks

Excuse my ignorance but where is Inchmaree?

Hi Helen,

It's a reasonable question but despite Googles best efforts the best I can do is tell you that it is , and I quote,..... 'an isolated Island':roll:

As Victoria says, we'll just need to watch and see.

The hour approacheth!;)

Karia

helenwyler
14-Aug-07, 18:19
Thankyou for googling karia!

I'd done the same and come up with nothing better, so at least I wasn't just being a complete numptie[lol]!!

dunderheed
14-Aug-07, 18:28
could be wrong but isn't inchmaree off the north west coast just round the corner from cape wrath and down a bit ?

Victoria
14-Aug-07, 18:36
i cant find it anywhere on any map!

I can see a few tiny un-nammed islands - could be one of them

obiron
14-Aug-07, 18:57
sounds very interesting but im thinking the footie will be on in our house.

dunderheed
14-Aug-07, 19:00
ach obiron, you should have watched the match last night that way no hankies would have been injured in the making of this match!! ;)

dunderheed
14-Aug-07, 19:03
victoria , i've had a look on google earth, if you go round the top of the scottish coast at cape wrath there is indeed some unamed islands , i think that inchmaree is one of them

percy toboggan
14-Aug-07, 19:03
Great British Journeys, BBC 2, 8pm - 9pm

just incase anyone interested...

Thomas Pennant: A Tour in Scotland
New series. Geographer and writer Nicholas Crane follows in the footsteps of eight British explorers, beginning with the route taken by scientist Thomas Pennant through the roughlands of Scotland. He discovers why the expedition diverted from Ledbeg in Sutherland and took an 18-mile detour through bogs and mountains to the obscure island of Inchmaree

You bet we're interested!
Enough room on Sundays 'Ben Nevis' disc to fit this one on too.
Can't get enough of this kind of thing.

Anne x
14-Aug-07, 19:13
excellent programme and on a different thread so was Ben Nevis on sunday great viewing all round and know one does it like the beeb ;) Ax

dunderheed
14-Aug-07, 19:23
on a closer look the island i thought was inchmarie turns out to be hanna island

Victoria
14-Aug-07, 20:08
watching it now - its in the middle of Loch Maree - by Gairloch

percy toboggan
14-Aug-07, 21:23
I was a tad disappointed by this prog.
Crane - or his director - seems obsessed by his own image! His gauntish face and angular, leggy frame seemed to be in every other scene. Also the scenic shots and the script were below par - maybe the weather and the light was not kind. I saw enough to know why he was ousted from his presenter post of 'Coast'

golach
14-Aug-07, 22:13
on a closer look the island i thought was inchmarie turns out to be hanna island
From the programme Inchmaree is in Loch Maree

Victoria
14-Aug-07, 22:14
I was a tad disappointed by this prog.
Crane - or his director - seems obsessed by his own image! His gauntish face and angular, leggy frame seemed to be in every other scene. Also the scenic shots and the script were below par - maybe the weather and the light was not kind. I saw enough to know why he was ousted from his presenter post of 'Coast'

I must admit his voice does start to annoy me after a while!