PDA

View Full Version : burnt offerings tonight

NLP
11-Aug-07, 15:18
Doing salad for dinner so cooked some chicken so we can have it cold
came on the org and forgot about the chicken, needless to say its a wee bit overdone. oops

everyone will have to stop having interesting posts :roll:

Angela
11-Aug-07, 15:22
Many's the time I've left things on the cooker while I've just "checked in" on the Org. :roll:

The worst was probably that pan of rhubarb I'd just left simmering for crumble....

Glad it's not only me and my senior moments! ;)

anneoctober
11-Aug-07, 15:22
Doing salad for dinner so cooked some chicken so we can have it cold
came on the org and forgot about the chicken, needless to say its a wee bit overdone. oops

everyone will have to stop having interesting posts :roll:
Och, it'll be fine wifie, but am not so sure about the steak pie that takes 50 mins to cook and I've just realised is still in the freezer :eek: George, think we'll have rabbit food , eerr I mean salad tonight.......

cuddlepop
11-Aug-07, 15:51
Mr cp on a resticted diet till Tuesday so its cooked chicken and boiled rice for tea.

He's so excited.:lol:

anneoctober
11-Aug-07, 16:01
Mr cp on a resticted diet till Tuesday so its cooked chicken and boiled rice for tea.

He's so excited.:lol:
What on earth did he do to deserve that, cuddlepop ? :eek:

cuddlepop
11-Aug-07, 16:12
He's to have a barium enama on Tuesday .He's only allowed clear soup,poached or boiled eggs,white fish,boiled rice,cheese,skimmed milk,whitebread,jelly,tea coffee or bovril and marg till then.We're going to Inverness tomorrow so that should be fun.
As long as no one takes his ciggies away he'll cope;)

anneoctober
11-Aug-07, 16:24
He's to have a barium enama on Tuesday .He's only allowed clear soup,poached or boiled eggs,white fish,boiled rice,cheese,skimmed milk,whitebread,jelly,tea coffee or bovril and marg till then.We're going to Inverness tomorrow so that should be fun.
As long as no one takes his ciggies away he'll cope;)
poor mannie, hope all goes well, and on this occasion only (!) give him his ciggies. ;)

sassylass
11-Aug-07, 16:27
gawd I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets lost in space. I've started taking a little timer around with me, out to the garden, up to the computer, etc. and that has helped with the scorched pans [lol]

Angela
11-Aug-07, 16:31
I'm considering a timer, sassylass! ;)

Meantime, I've started writing things down on post-its....getting fed up with unintentionally hard-boiled eggs and potatoes boiling dry...:roll:

sassylass
11-Aug-07, 16:57
good thing about a timer is...it reminds me. Those tiny notes have a way of disappearing until after the pan is scorched :roll:

Angela
11-Aug-07, 17:05
good thing about a timer is...it reminds me. Those tiny notes have a way of disappearing until after the pan is scorched

They do indeed -that's why I'm going to get a timer!

I don't find the wee notes until after the event -quite often because I can't find my glasses.... :roll: and then I think -oh, so that's where that note got to, now I wonder why I left it there....? :eek:

htwood
11-Aug-07, 17:33
Many an overdone dinner here. (I hear that charcoal is good for the digestion LOL) My timer only dings one time, so if we miss that sound the meal is goners. And hubby's hearing seems to be going bye bye...maybe need a timer that sends electric jolt to his ankle to get him moving towards kitchen. Don't tell him I said that.

badger
11-Aug-07, 18:17
Left some rolls I was "warming" in the oven to sort out a minor disagreement between grandchildren and returned to smell of burning followed by all the smoke alarms going off. Desperately scraped burnt surface off and tried to convince them rolls were just nicely brown but not sure they believed me. Used to scrape burnt toast so often as a child before toasters and when you never wasted anything - I'd forgotten how messy it was [disgust]