PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help

egregory
09-Aug-07, 10:13
We have to go away for 5 days commencing 15/08/07 returning on the 20/08/07, and was wondering if there is someone out there that would be prepared to look after our Westie who is blind, deaf and very old. Meg just potters around and is nice natured and gentle.

jsherris
09-Aug-07, 11:33
Oh, I wish we were there already - I would offer!

We have a Basset - sleeps 23 hours a day, but is a nightmare for the hour when he is awake - and a cavalier - ex-rspca rescue dog & deaf because of his abuse :( - he tries to sleep for 25 hours a day!

Another quiet friend amongst them would not pose a problem, but I'm sorry we're not there....

When we DO get up, I'll let you know, maybe he could have our house as his holiday home? :lol:

dunderheed
09-Aug-07, 18:26
ooooo a basset , we're hoping to get a couple of them someday, maybe not today, maybe not tommorow but soon!!

horseman
09-Aug-07, 21:17
Do hope you get fixed up, feel sure you will.:)

Torvaig
09-Aug-07, 22:38
Have sent you a personal message....

Liz
09-Aug-07, 22:47
Don't mean to be cheeky but will your wee dog be okay in a strange house?

She is obviously used to the layout of your house and potters about okay but I would have thought she would be quite disorientated in someone else's house?

jsherris
09-Aug-07, 22:53
Don't mean to be cheeky but will your wee dog be okay in a strange house?

She is obviously used to the layout of your house and potters about okay but I would have thought she would be quite disorientated in someone else's house?

Do you know Liz, I would have thought the same, until a friend came to stay years back & brought her little blind cocker... but it seemed that she used her sense of smell - it was so fascinating to watch - I think it must be something similar to a dolphin's radar - that's how it looked anyway!

And such a cute dog too!
Julie

Liz
09-Aug-07, 23:25
Do you know Liz, I would have thought the same, until a friend came to stay years back & brought her little blind cocker... but it seemed that she used her sense of smell - it was so fascinating to watch - I think it must be something similar to a dolphin's radar - that's how it looked anyway!

And such a cute dog too!
Julie

That's interesting Julie and good to hear!

So wee Meg can off for her hols to some kind person's home.

I would so gladly have taken her but a couple of my cats are so timid they would spend the whole time in hiding I think!