PDA

View Full Version : computer repairs

unicorn
17-Jul-05, 13:40
Does anyone know who fixes pc's in Caithness? Mine works but is doing some strange thigs like at startup it says unable to locate wtkernel??? no idea how or why but i must have done somethings I shouldnt have. It all started when i tried to install a driver for a webcam and it said I had to insert disc for windows xp! The webcam went back with a strong complaint but pc has not been right since. I lost word and it kept telling me to Insert word 2000 disc which never came with pc so I installed office 2000 but it is saying insert disc again now if i try to open recieved pictures etc. Its driving me mad now and once in a while it crashes but mainly if i am playing a game, sooo I think I need to get someone with a bit of pc knowledge to take a look before it breaks properly!

2little2late
17-Jul-05, 14:47
Try Cello computers in Halkirk

unicorn
17-Jul-05, 14:55
thanks for that

Bobinovich
17-Jul-05, 17:34
Try Cello computers in Halkirk

I'm sure I heard that they're no longer in business but I could be wrong. If you don't have any luck try one of those listed in the Business Pages - http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/category.php?cat=67.

nancypotter45
17-Jul-05, 23:43
There is a computer shop just opened in Back Bridge Street, Wick that fixes computers. There logo is 'no fix no fee'. Might be worth giving them a shout.

kat311
18-Jul-05, 12:31
I saw an advert in the Groat for computer repairs, Jektec- 01874 890700.

wickchick
18-Jul-05, 12:54
Hi, I left you a pm.

Lavenderblue2
18-Jul-05, 15:04
I have always used Rom-Art Computer Services (Thurso) for all my computer problems big or small and have always been given the very best of service.

LB :D

ndres
19-Jul-05, 10:51
I suggest that you contact David Humphries (H.H. Engineering) 01847-821251.
He builds computers to meet your needs and thoroughly bench tests them before handing it over to you.
He has provided me with all the parts and the advice that I need when I have had computer problems - and will solve problems that I have struggled with.
His services provide extremely good value for money, fast and efficient.

unicorn
19-Jul-05, 11:05
Thanks for all the help everyone it has certainly provided me with lots of choice :D