PDA

View Full Version : Phimister

Kingetter
05-Aug-07, 09:08
Is Phimister included in anyone's research?

James.

Oddquine
05-Aug-07, 09:55
Does Fubister/Foubister/Phimster/Phimpster and a load of other variations = Phimister......................if so.....yes! :D

Kingetter
05-Aug-07, 09:59
Do you have Marjory Phimister (schoolteacher) (Wick) married (Fraserburgh) to a James Mitchell b around 1846?

James.

Tricia
05-Aug-07, 10:11
In my tree, via marriage 1887 Wick to my Donald Anderson MORE, I have Barbara Campbell Phimister b1868 Wick.
Barbara's parents were James Phimister(b Bower) and Annie Thain(b Rathven). g/parents George Phimister and Alexanderina Wares.

Tricia

Kingetter
05-Aug-07, 10:17
Hi Tricia,

Maybe there were quite a few Phimisters in Caithness. Have you anything else on Barbara's parents?

James.

spittalhill
05-Aug-07, 13:03
There is an extensive Phimister family tree posted on the Caithness Family History Society website, which is accessible to members of the Society.

Kingetter
05-Aug-07, 20:28
spittalhill,

Thanks for that, but at £10 membership which may or may not give me the answers I'm seeking, I have my doubts.

Thanks again,

James.

spittalhill
05-Aug-07, 22:45
There is a Marjory Phimister born in 1828 on that family tree.

Kingetter
06-Aug-07, 01:05
There is a Marjory Phimister born in 1828 on that family tree.

Thank you, I very much hope so. She also appears (for free) on Ancestry Family Trees, complete with a husband, and a researcher.

I do appreciate the value of FHS's and no doubt that family tree would be very interesting but until Phimister becomes more important to me, I'll keep my £10 thanks.

James.

Tricia
06-Aug-07, 20:35
Hi Tricia,
Maybe there were quite a few Phimisters in Caithness. Have you anything else on Barbara's parents?
James.

Hi James
The tree Spittalhill mentions includes my Barbara Campbell Phimister b 1868.
Her father James 1827Bower-1916Wick mother Annie Thain 1820 Rathven -1870 Wick.
James remarried Eliz Jack.
Also in same tree is a Marjory b c 1849 to George Phimister b1793 and Marjory Gunn.
The above is from my data.

The submission data on CFHS is not the same as the submission to Rootsweb. The owner on CFHS has researched.

On rootsweb one submission has my Phimister which links to my MOREs - not all data confirmed on that. Another tree has my Georger P & Alexanderina Wares but I have not checked the data and it has not yet been linked.
I am sure I have now confused everyone.

Have you anymore on your Marjory - will see if I can help.
Tricia

Kingetter
06-Aug-07, 21:03
Hi James
The tree Spittalhill mentions includes my Barbara Campbell Phimister b 1868.
Her father James 1827Bower-1916Wick mother Annie Thain 1820 Rathven -1870 Wick.
James remarried Eliz Jack.
Also in same tree is a Marjory b c 1849 to George Phimister b1793 and Marjory Gunn.
The above is from my data.

The submission data on CFHS is not the same as the submission to Rootsweb. The owner on CFHS has researched. Are you saying that 'my Marjory' (married to James Mitchell) is not the one on the CFHS tree?

On rootsweb one submission has my Phimister which links to my MOREs - not all data confirmed on that. Another tree has my Georger P & Alexanderina Wares but I have not checked the data and it has not yet been linked.
I am sure I have now confused everyone. No Tricia, not quite:)

Have you anymore on your Marjory - will see if I can help. No progress in the last couple of days as otherunconnected names have been occupying me pretty much. Help gratefully received though for which, many thanks.
Wares isn't one of my names at all, at least up to now, though in this game who knows what's round the cornere eh? Anyhow, Wares is being looked at by I think two people on another list (will pm you on that).
Tricia

Thanks,

James.

Tricia
06-Aug-07, 22:59
QUOTE from James :
"Are you saying that 'my Marjory' (married to James Mitchell) is not the one on the CFHS tree?"

James
I think it is probably same Marjory b1849 Wick to George Ph & Marjory Gunn who is your Marjory m to James Mitchell.
Following her in census - 1871 finds her in Aberdeenshire - a teacher aged 21.

will check out PM and get back to you.
Happy to share
Tricia

Kingetter
07-Aug-07, 00:33
Hi Tricia,

The 'teacher' bit pretty well confirms it for me. I must say it would be nice to follow her family (in its widest sense) through to today and trace the 'living' member. However, if its meant to be etc etc.

Thanks,

James.