PDA

View Full Version : munros from lochbroom

docfraser
27-Jul-07, 16:55
hi there iam trying to trace my great grandmothers family i have got back to kenneth munro who married a catherine forbes in 1851 in lochbroom and that she died in 1885 i think he died in 1901 but cant see the record on the scotlands people web sitethey had the children alexander catherine and i think another child born in 1855 but her name is not regestered. alexander married a christina mackenzie in 1887 and died in 1929 in ullapool her hasband alexander died in ross shire in 1933 i have found my great grandmothers brothers and sisters names but dont know any thing else they were murdo kenneth john alexander and catherine. family stories have lead me to believe one emigrated to canada and one to rhodesia. anybody got any advice or leads i would appreciate it

Rhandy
27-Jul-07, 22:18
Hi doc, had a quick look at LDS site and found Unknown child born 1855 to Catherine and Kenneth also Catherine Munro born 1857 and Alexander born 1860, sound likes they could be yours. On the same site also found numerous Munros in Canada on the census.If you haven't already discovered this site it can give you a good starting point. family search run by Morman LDS.
Could also try Rootschat, its a genealogy site (free) with very helpful ppl who can do census look ups etc. for UK, Canada, America.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Rhandy

Kingetter
29-Jul-07, 13:00
Not sure if you'll get any help from -

http://www.findagrave.com/forums/showflat.php?Number=626115
Lochbroom Parish Churchyard Scotland Ross and Cromarty

but 'if all else fails'?

James.

Angela
29-Jul-07, 13:17
Kingetter, I'm so glad you posted this link - I didn't know the site existed.

Also - my Dad was Ross-shire born, all his family were born and lived in the county, and had moved east....from Lochbroom!

Thanks a lot! :)

Kingetter
29-Jul-07, 13:49
Angela,

You're very welcome. There are many sites on the net which can help in different ways - problem is remembering them all and having time to locate them in the first place.
Experience is priceless, right?

James.