PDA

View Full Version : Round Britain Rower…

The Horseman
16-Apr-24, 02:07
Another unnecessary Rescue.
The above needed assistance……Hopefully he has Insurance to pay his way.
Over and over we see ‘Daring Souls’, as they like to be called calling for help. It is all so unnecessary!

The Horseman
21-May-24, 19:00
Another two Kayakers rescued…
And the list goes on!
In Canada we have the same issues with ‘enthusiasts’ getting into trouble….people go out on our frozen Lakes and we have been charging them a ‘Rescue Fee’
People who do these rescues..eg Lifeboats Crews Scotland, are risking their lives, every time. Pleasure boaters should all carry Insurance.

When I was Ocean Sailing we had to have Insurance, in fact a friend got into trouble between The US coast and The Bahamas, and the Bill was in excess of $100,000.
Coastguard boat and helicopter!

Tom Bowler
23-May-24, 14:11
I would of thought most of our sea rescue services were too busy in the English channel with other sea users that only have to get into uk waters before boarding the free ferry service provided by UK taxpayers.

The Horseman
24-May-24, 00:22
I would of thought most of our sea rescue services were too busy in the English channel with other sea users that only have to get into uk waters before boarding the free ferry service provided by UK taxpayers.

Yup! It’s a strange World.

Anfield
24-May-24, 11:49

Don't forger to make sure that you renew your Daily Mail/Express/Telegraph subscriptions, so that you can keep up to date with all crap they print about "Bogus" asylum seekers invading UK

Tom Bowler
25-May-24, 21:45
Don't forger to make sure that you renew your Daily Mail/Express/Telegraph subscriptions, so that you can keep up to date with all crap they print about "Bogus" asylum seekers invading UK

Pass me a needle and thread, my sides are splitting !