PDA

View Full Version : Phone Sales

davem
14-Jul-07, 12:55
Just had a call from a guy who had £42K to invest in the Thurso area today!when I said I wasn't interested, politely he said I was a pleb whilst he was putting the phone down.
Any contributions to making this guy's day a bad one would be much appreciated. I was nice, he wasn't - give him a hard time if he calls you.
Cheers
Dave

johno
14-Jul-07, 13:21
just hope he do,es. thanks for the preperation [disgust]

Lolabelle
14-Jul-07, 13:34
I hate unsolicited phone calls. They can be so rude and so pushy. [evil]

bluelady
14-Jul-07, 15:40
i detest them too, the worst is when you have had a hard day at work, have had to deal with several people over the phone perhaps and you come home, cook dinner, sit down to eat and yes, ring ring ring, one of those bloody cold callers, aghh, i must get another caller id installed. That way i dont answer them or any caller with held numbers [disgust]

obiron
14-Jul-07, 16:45
had one yesterday about windows and conservatory. told them there was no room but still they kept on asking questions. very pushy sometimes.

jinglejangle
14-Jul-07, 17:10
i had the same company phoning today to saying they had £42K - the company is one that was mentioned on here previously - Gordon Bennet Ltd.

the gentleman i spoke to though was polite

the charlatans
14-Jul-07, 17:20
had one yesterday about windows and conservatory. told them there was no room but still they kept on asking questions. very pushy sometimes.

tell them your either on the dole, you have a brand new house and don't need them, you're on the fourth floor if they are selling conservatory's or currently doing time for not paying your bills to window manufacturers. yes you'd be lying obiron but you'd get rid of them.

i always say, no thanks and hang up. then i'm being polite even if they aren't.
i suppose they are doing a job and not a nice one at that but yip they get on my nerves too.

everyone, sign yourself onto the telephone preference service, or have some fun and invite them round for tea.

£42k? thats nice, that might buy all the org a new car, or for our group outing down to visit our org pals down under. next orger that gets Gordon Bennett ask him if they'd finance us having fun.

obiron
14-Jul-07, 17:26
normally do tell porkies charls when salespeople call normally polite when cedric is in but rude when he is not.

the charlatans
14-Jul-07, 17:29
normally do tell porkies charls when salespeople call normally polite when cedric is in but rude when he is not.

so he thinks you are this polite lady that speaks dead posh then? ha ha, we know differently.

Mr C isn't very nice to them either, he always demands if he asked them to ring him and then demands further to be taken off their call list. i just say no thanks and hang up quicker than they can. or ignore it.....

BRIE
14-Jul-07, 17:30
space kitchens ring saying they have £42k to spend in area too & theyve started using a different name!

buggyracer
14-Jul-07, 17:34
why even waste time speaking to them? just hang up!

karia
14-Jul-07, 17:35
space kitchens ring saying they have £42k to spend in area too & theyve started using a different name!

Hi Brie,

I think I'd be replying 'good for you!' & terminating the call!;)

karia

2051donna
14-Jul-07, 19:13
Im being plagued by Indian call centres. im on TPS with Bt, which only works within Uk! Its been going on for past 2 months usually about 3 -5 times a day, today iv had 3.. They either hang up or try sell something.. Iv reported to Ofcom, who cannot do anything as again not within Uk! Iv told them politely im not interested iv shouted at them, screamed at them, told them im no the person their looking for, given the phone to both my partner + 3 yr old. But still the INSIST on phoning again + again!
Im due to have baby in few weeks + im dreading them phoning + waking baby up.. Apart from changing my no which will affect my Broadband im lost as too what to do..

Elenna
14-Jul-07, 19:19
We are normally very firmly polite with sales calls, or will hang up...it depends on the person calling, really. But the other day Saltire came out with a reply that really had me laughing....

For the last while we have had the same company call almost weekly...same woman speaking every time (she has quite a distinctive voice and accent)...and ask "Can I speak to the new owner of the property?"

We have told her repeatedly that we have owned our property for years, and we have explained numerous times that we are registered with the TPS and asked to be taken off their list, and we are told that they will...but then get another call the next week.

So this past week the phone rang one morning, hubby picked it up, listened a sec and rolled his eyes at me...then took a deep breath and exclaimed "New owner? NEW owner? Oh, my god...OH, MY GOD! You mean someone has sold my place without telling me? Right...I'm calling my solicitor right NOW!" And he put down the phone. :lol:

It will be interesting to see if they phone again this week! ;)

karia
14-Jul-07, 19:45
Good one Elenna!

We are ex -directory and used to get almost no cold calls.

now we get some and on questioning it's usually a case of,

'youronourdatabasething-y!':eek:

Well, 'takeusoffofyourdatabasethingy!'

I have a terminally ill mother and if I got a call at 3 am like some on the other thread got, I know what conclusion I'd jump to, and no-one could 'undo' that experience.[evil]

I'm dreading it when it comes,...i don't need a 'dummy run' from an overseas call centre!!

karia