PDA

View Full Version : Makes you wonder...

Lolabelle
14-Jul-07, 01:21
I am not in the slightest supertitious, but...
Friday the thirteenth was not a good day.

First one of our trucks was booked for overloading, it was actually 2ton under the legal gross, but 250kg over on one axle group!
Then same truck was driven down a small lane and through a ditch that caused the back trailer to get hooked on the front trailer, ripping the front gate off the back trailer. Now off the road for a week.
Same trailer then went to get fuel, and the air hose fitting broke and caused the truck's braking system to lock up and block off the entrance to the service station in Brisbane. I couldn't be moved until it was fixed and had to find someone to go and fix it.
SAME Truck, had a tyre blow out on the way home from Brisbane.
My sister and her husband and 2 kids came over for a cuppa, we arranged to go out for dinner and when they went home, someone had accidently left a hot plate turned on, on the stove, with a wooden cutting board sitting on top. Result, house full of toxic smoke, bench and stove top burnt and everything stinking to high heaven. We went and opened it up, and went out for dinner. They ended up staying at our place so they wouldn't end up sick from the fumes.
Restaurant. They had their cool room blow up and the owners son broke his arm.
My Parents. Their neighbours had a drug gang come and bash them up, so the woman ran to my parents for help in the middle of the night, my parents rang 000 and got help from the police and so were up all night with hysterical, crying bashed up people.
So... how was your day?????????

sassylass
14-Jul-07, 04:35
My Friday the 13th was great. Got a parking spot right in front when I took my violin in to be looked at, held my breath while shop estimated the repair price, happily breathed again when it was a fraction of what I expected it to be PLUS the shop can have it ready tomorrow! Stopped to get lunch and a young man winked at me [lol]. Stopped in to see a neighbour and had a good blether, came home and found some cash I had hidden in a pocket, then hubby and I went out to dinner. Now my suitcase is packed for 2 glorious weeks away, yes it was a good day.

Lolabelle
14-Jul-07, 04:49
Well sassylass, it sounds like I had your share of bad day. I am glad you had such a beaut one though and have a great holiday. :D

An update to the day, we have now discovered that the front trailer is bent like a banana and will likely be written off with insurance. It was only 3 weeks old.[disgust]

laguna2
14-Jul-07, 07:07
Well sassylass, it sounds like I had your share of bad day. I am glad you had such a beaut one though and have a great holiday. :D

An update to the day, we have now discovered that the front trailer is bent like a banana and will likely be written off with insurance. It was only 3 weeks old.[disgust]

I think that you also had my share of a bad day Lolabelle! Hopefully today will be better for you,

Alice in Blunderland
14-Jul-07, 11:27
Friday thirteenth didnt go too well for my husband. He did mention at the start of the week that he wasnt too bothered about the date but ......

he got a phonecall first thing in the morning to tell him his cousin and wife had been shot dead in front of their four year old daughter.

Rest of the day went downhill rapidly for him.

sam
14-Jul-07, 11:33
Friday thirteenth didnt go too well for my husband. He did mention at the start of the week that he wasnt too bothered about the date but ......

he got a phonecall first thing in the morning to tell him his cousin and wife had been shot dead in front of their four year old daughter.

what a sad sad world we live in, I'm sorry to hear that alice :~(

Lolabelle
14-Jul-07, 12:07

I am so sorry to hear such dreadful news Alice. I wish you had only had my kind of bad day, cause our stuff was only material and no one was hurt.
Please tell your husband that are thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
Hugs for you all.

corgiman
14-Jul-07, 12:23
What an awful thing to happen Alice, words cannot describe what that poor child is suffering, my heart goes out to you all:~(

Margaret M.
14-Jul-07, 14:41
Gosh Alice, that is beyond sad!

horseman
15-Jul-07, 03:07
Sorry baby that is to awful to complate. Prayers go out to you all.

Ricco
15-Jul-07, 08:05
Alice - that's dreadful. I do hope that their daughter will get the counselling that she needs to helpher get through the horrible event. Their day was the wosrt.

Alice in Blunderland
15-Jul-07, 10:28
Thanks for all your messages folks.

Little girl is with her grandparents now but is totally traumatised . Seeing your parents shot in front of you at such a tender age does not bear thinking about. It did not happen in Brtitain although that doesnt matter it is still a tragedy no matter who, where or when. Where she lives it is unlikely that they will ever catch the culprits.

:( Terrible what little value some people put on life. :(

Ash
15-Jul-07, 10:41
Thanks for all your messages folks.

Little girl is with her grandparents now but is totally traumatised . Seeing your parents shot in front of you at such a tender age does not bear thinking about. It did not happen in Brtitain although that doesnt matter it is still a tragedy no matter who, where or when. Where she lives it is unlikely that they will ever catch the culprits.

:( Terrible what little value some people put on life.

oh my god! im in total shock reading that! so terribily sad! :~(

Angela
15-Jul-07, 10:41
Thinking of you all, Alice. Such a very sad thing. :~(

Lolabelle
15-Jul-07, 11:06
It is so hard for us to understand that some people don't put any value on anothers life. I can't believe someone could do that to another person let alone a child. How are you all holding up???

johno
15-Jul-07, 13:01
I am not in the slightest supertitious, but...
Friday the thirteenth was not a good day.

First one of our trucks was booked for overloading, it was actually 2ton under the legal gross, but 250kg over on one axle group!
Then same truck was driven down a small lane and through a ditch that caused the back trailer to get hooked on the front trailer, ripping the front gate off the back trailer. Now off the road for a week.
Same trailer then went to get fuel, and the air hose fitting broke and caused the truck's braking system to lock up and block off the entrance to the service station in Brisbane. I couldn't be moved until it was fixed and had to find someone to go and fix it.
SAME Truck, had a tyre blow out on the way home from Brisbane.
My sister and her husband and 2 kids came over for a cuppa, we arranged to go out for dinner and when they went home, someone had accidently left a hot plate turned on, on the stove, with a wooden cutting board sitting on top. Result, house full of toxic smoke, bench and stove top burnt and everything stinking to high heaven. We went and opened it up, and went out for dinner. They ended up staying at our place so they wouldn't end up sick from the fumes.
Restaurant. They had their cool room blow up and the owners son broke his arm.
My Parents. Their neighbours had a drug gang come and bash them up, so the woman ran to my parents for help in the middle of the night, my parents rang 000 and got help from the police and so were up all night with hysterical, crying bashed up people.
So... how was your day?????????
you can actually overload a lorry by taking something off it. as you said one axle was overloaded likely by poor weight distribution. reading about your day
makes me think that perhaps you aught to make a disaster movie.
better luck to you you in the future, :(

Lolabelle
15-Jul-07, 13:16
you can actually overload a lorry by taking something off it. as you said one axle was overloaded likely by poor weight distribution. reading about your day
makes me think that perhaps you aught to make a disaster movie.
better luck to you you in the future, :(

Was just a bad load. Nothing could be taken off as it was 20meter lengths of D Bar (steel), just needed to be repositioned. :~(
Ah well these things happen, they just all happened on the one day.

Sporran
15-Jul-07, 22:44
So sorry to hear about your horrible Friday the 13th, Lolabelle and Alice in Blunderland - yours especially Alice!!! :( That is really tragic - my heart goes out to you and your family! The little girl is in my thoughts and prayers, poor wee lassie! What a crazy, wicked world we live in!! [disgust]

Alice in Blunderland
16-Jul-07, 14:36
Well folks happy to report that the little girl is safe and well with grandparents.
When I say well I mean as well as can be under the circumstances .

Highly unlikely they will ever catch who did it and the motive will probably never be known. Have passed on all your well wishes to hubby as he is working away at the momment. His mother is devastated ,its the third murder in the family in less than ten years.

Lets hope next Friday thirteenth passes uneventfully for us all. :)