PDA

View Full Version : Swallows

Headwark
29-Apr-22, 12:31
Swallows arrived here in Brough yesterday. Quite late again this year. Always good to see them though.

moshmosh
30-Apr-22, 11:06
First swallow spotted in Reiss on 25th April and the first Housemartin on 23rd April.

Fulmar
02-Sep-22, 16:15
We've got a second brood of chicks still in the nest in the garage- a bit worrying really and hoping that it it's not too late. One of the parents has been regularly dive bombing us every time we go anywhere near -or even if we don't! We can be at the other side of the garden and still come in for a hair parting swoop and accompanying shriek! I've resorted to wearing a hat!

moshmosh
02-Sep-22, 21:41
The barn swallows only produced a single brood but the housemartins have a second, also still in the nest. I've only been in this house 5 years but I've never seen them try for a second brood before. Fingers crossed.

moshmosh
06-May-23, 06:48
2023 update.

First swallow spotted in Reiss on 28th April and are here in good numbers. The first Housemartin on 6th May.

Fulmar
24-Aug-23, 12:58
I spotted a completely white (albino) swallow today near Halkirk. It appeared to be being chased by the other swallows but hard to tell. I have not seen one before but have occasionally seen other albino birds over the years and once, many years ago, a jackdaw with white wings!