PDA

View Full Version : Thurso recycling centre

pig whisperer
17-Jul-21, 12:15
Made the mistake of not checking the opening times, open at 10am, close for lunch at 12pm till 12.30pm, seriously, can't they stagger their breaks, I can't bring my van in as it to big so being the eco friendly council they are, I have to take my small car several times, 30 mile round trip, brilliant

poppett
17-Jul-21, 14:07
.....and the Council wonder why there is so much fly tipping.

Perhaps you could borrow a smaller trailer?

pig whisperer
18-Jul-21, 08:05
No towbar, and my van is now classed as too big tho previously I filled in the form and could drop stuff off, I think the fact that it closed for lunch just 2 hrs after opening really annoyed me, especially at a weekend when people will be wanting to use the tip.

Tom Bowler
18-Jul-21, 21:58
I suppose we have to remember that The Highland Council are not here to serve us with efficiently run services and that we must organise our needs to suit them.

poppett
19-Jul-21, 08:54
No wonder folk get fed up and fly tip.

DRM
20-Jul-21, 02:07
Agree also they are selective in what they take , cant take any old rubbish now only certain items and cant have too much either - Blooming disgrace , No wonder people are fly tipping as before Covid you could get rid of pretty much anything , Now wood has to be unpainted or varnished, Wont take old wood from a shed or fence etc, Only supposed to take 1 item at a time and not too much as you are not supposed to seprarate it on site . dont blame the Operatives as they are only doing their job as ordered by the Council !

fingalmacool
21-Jul-21, 11:01
I beleive its a one man operation now
Made the mistake of not checking the opening times, open at 10am, close for lunch at 12pm till 12.30pm, seriously, can't they stagger their breaks, I can't bring my van in as it to big so being the eco friendly council they are, I have to take my small car several times, 30 mile round trip, brilliant

pig whisperer
22-Jul-21, 09:27
There were 3 people working

cullpacket
23-Jul-21, 08:34
Undermanned one person Mon - Fri two on a Saturday, could busy any day when I was there the guy was in a flap and cars getting waved in.

Tom Bowler
23-Jul-21, 22:16
The less spent here, the more they can spend down south I suppose.

It's about time the people who are running the Highland Council were put out to grass and let someone in who knows how to run Council services.