PDA

View Full Version : Captain Peter Innes-Old Wick

Rhandy
24-Jun-07, 00:44
I believe my ggggrandfather is buried at Old Wick. He died in 1822, but I cannot confirm this information.Would any one who lives near Old Wick and likes to take a walk around the cemetery, be able to keep an eye out for the gravestone? His wife was Magdaline, children Robert, Ann (Gordina) and Margaret.
I live in Australia, and I doubt I can ever come to Scotland to search for myself ,though I would love to.

Thanks
Rhandy:)

Rosemary Skea
24-Jun-07, 03:53
I have the MI book for Old Wick and I have just looked through the 5 entries for Innes and none of them are for your family. The stone may have fallen down, or the inscription worn away or such like. Or maybe there is no headstone.

Rosemary

QLD

Rhandy
24-Jun-07, 06:38
Rosemary, thank you for you assistance, I am never to find out about this man.
Rhandy

fred
24-Jun-07, 10:26
I believe my ggggrandfather is buried at Old Wick. He died in 1822, but I cannot confirm this information.Would any one who lives near Old Wick and likes to take a walk around the cemetery, be able to keep an eye out for the gravestone? His wife was Magdaline, children Robert, Ann (Gordina) and Margaret.
I live in Australia, and I doubt I can ever come to Scotland to search for myself ,though I would love to.

Thanks
Rhandy:)

Would this be of any interest to you?

http://www.graven-images.org.uk/temp/innes.jpg

Rhandy
25-Jun-07, 01:26
Fred, thank you so much, yes this is my Innes link. I knew he married just before he died in 1822, but to date have had no confirmation of the death.This closes one generation, nearly .I can now concentrate on the next . Again my sincere thanks.
Rhandy

fred
25-Jun-07, 09:34
Fred, thank you so much, yes this is my Innes link. I knew he married just before he died in 1822, but to date have had no confirmation of the death.This closes one generation, nearly .I can now concentrate on the next . Again my sincere thanks.
Rhandy

Henderson's Caithness Family History may shed some light on that.

In 1718 a daughter of John Calder of Strath was the
wife of James Innes in Thrumster, who was afterwards
in Ollaclate. Their son, William, was also in Ollaclate,
and was father of the late Major James Innes of Thrum-
ster, and it is thought that the connection traditionally
said to exist between the Inneses of Thursater and the
Inneses of Thrumster was through this James Innes of
1718, and that he was probably the son or grandson of
the last Innes of Thursater.

mary
25-Jun-07, 22:41
Hi Randy,
My ggggrandmother Mary Innes was Peter Innes's sister their parents were William Innes and Jean/Janet/Joane Sinclair (various spellings off her name).

I have quite a lot of info. on the Innes family, if you wish you can pm me your email addy and I will gladly share with you.
Regards
Mary.