PDA

View Full Version : Theory Driving Test

AndrewR
09-Aug-20, 15:13
Does anyone know if Driving Theory tests are taking place at Wick or Helmsdale? The DVLA website isn't taking bookings and doesn't explain why. Many thanks.

Kevin Milkins
09-Aug-20, 18:29
They ought to be up and running again by now, in theory.

dx100uk
10-Aug-20, 02:41
get in touch with the DVSA who manage theory test sites. The telephone number is 0300 200 1122. The opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm.

DRM
15-Aug-20, 03:01
Seemingly they are all booked up ! and no spaces left

davem
15-Aug-20, 11:19
We had to go to Elgin last year

The Horseman
15-Aug-20, 13:23
We had to go to Elgin last year

That’s not too far. When I was young, we used to go there from the Lybster area, to the dances on a Friday nite!
Them were the days/nites!

pat
15-Aug-20, 14:55
The Horseman

and the roads aren't as they are now - and no bridges to shorten the journey either, those were the days:lol:, round by Dingwall, up and over the Struie and the old Berriedale Braes before it was improved sometime in the 70s - showing our ages now :roll::)

The Horseman
17-Aug-20, 02:28
The Horseman

and the roads aren't as they are now - and no bridges to shorten the journey either, those were the days:lol:, round by Dingwall, up and over the Struie and the old Berriedale Braes before it was improved sometime in the 70s - showing our ages now :roll::)

The Struie...Gawd them were the days....yes Pat....but we survived! Sometimes life was a bit rough but.......

dc1
17-Aug-20, 18:00
you did well horseman we only got to tain mind you it was lulu and her band the lovers

The Horseman
17-Aug-20, 22:56
you did well horseman we only got to tain mind you it was lulu and her band the lovers

Aye.....The Two Red Shoes in Elgin.
And of course Tain. Am trying to remember if we saw her.......things became a ‘bit hazy’ some evenings!
Did we see The Quarrymen in Tain...the precursor to the Beatles?
There were so many people headed South, the Bobbies didn't know who to pick.
Do you remember Neil Barney?

dc1
18-Aug-20, 09:58
yes used to pal about with him iknew you as well where is he now

The Horseman
18-Aug-20, 15:29
yes used to pal about with him iknew you as well where is he now

I don’t know...I took a look on F/B., but doesn't look like it. Are you still in the ‘fishy’ business?
And are you on F/B ursell?....S

dc1
18-Aug-20, 22:59
still working buying them now instead of catching them .one of neils tricks was to put folded up newspaper in his wallet tomake it look that he had plenty money.

The Horseman
18-Aug-20, 23:26
still working buying them now instead of catching them .one of neils tricks was to put folded up newspaper in his wallet tomake it look that he had plenty money.

He was a ‘neat’ guy! Crazy driver on Dunbeath and Berriedale! But we made it! I thought u mite be David F’s Wheel man on his new Boatie!

dc1
19-Aug-20, 13:58
you know me very well think of orger name

The Horseman
19-Aug-20, 14:21
you know me very well think of orger name

I know who u r.....last time I was over, David Fraser was getting his boat ready, and I thought u mite have joined him, on the high seas....I shall send u a private msg..s