PDA

View Full Version : The BBC...

The Horseman
21-Jun-20, 14:29
I find it astounding, that the BBC continually ‘re prints’ the extremely biased opinions/comments of CNN.
A few days ago they had 15 excerpts taken from CNN!
Are they ‘short staffed’, or is it a Pro Liberal platform!
Thots.......

richardj
21-Jun-20, 22:01
If you follow comments on twitter regarding the BBC you will know that is has lost a lot of respect in the area of news and current affairs programmes.

The Left claim the BBC is Tory biased, the Conservative twitter accounts claim that the BBC is left wing or has Marxist leanings.

Personally I have stopped watching many of the current affairs programmes such as Andrew Marr and Question time - they are in my opinion left wing and biased, to the detriment of the BBC service.

The news - well lets say we now watch France 24 https://www.france24.com/en/ and https://www.aljazeera.com/ for news that does not just slate the current UK Government.

In regard to BBC Scotland - I better not say anything or I may upset people.

I for one can't wait for the BBC Licence fee to be removed.

Headwark
21-Jun-20, 23:00
I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !

orkneycadian
22-Jun-20, 08:07
It's now impossible to get your news from a single source due to rampant bias. You need to pull in multiple sources and form your own opinion based on what you see. It's worth getting in news from sources such as RT and Al Jazeera as well, as that often shows up UK sources as being very biased.

richardj
22-Jun-20, 09:03
I totally agree with everything you have said in your article richardj !

Thanks Headward, I really do wish I was wrong as I am of an age when the BBC was a truly trusted source of news.

pat
22-Jun-20, 10:26
Must admit I do not watch much television (about two hours a week), one hour of which is often Antiques Roadshow.

Have got so tired of the extreme bias of BBC I have cancelled my direct debit for television licence and will forego my usual Sunday evening programme.

I have paid 6 months ahead on television licence due to paying monthly, the TV Licencing Authority immediately got in contact to question why I was cancelling, not exactly threatening but along those lines.

If the BBC wish to take a person over retirement age to court that's ok with me.

I will not be watching their programmes as I do not consider they are unbiased or fair and from what I have viewed not worth the amount of money collected each year by the TV Licencing Authority.

I know that my television is capable of receiving BBC channels and am liable for television licence - does anyone know how I can get access to those channels blocked on my television please so I do not get prosecuted?

richardj
22-Jun-20, 21:09
Hi Pat, sadly at the moment if you want to watch STV, Channel 4 or any station on a TV you need a Licence. While many people have stopped paying it does leave them open to prosecution if you own a TV - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

There is talk that non-payment will be decriminalised, although this is not yet agreed. However the BBC will still be able to make a claim against people who have a TV, or watch BBC content via broadband, it simply means that you would no longer be given a criminal record or potentially end up in jail. The real answer is that the BBC need license fee needs to be removed completely and replayed with a paid-subscription service such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. This subscription system could possibly earn the BBC more money as the content could then be made available Worldwide. The downside for the BBC is that they would then need to make content people were "willing" to pay for.

At the moment it is probably simpler and easier to pay this tax and let your MP know that you are not happy with the current licence fee legislation.

BrianW
23-Jun-20, 10:32
As well as their own liberal agenda, the BBC need to scrap their license fee. I know this isnt to everyone's/anyone's taste but have you heard about the way the BBC's John Sweeny tried to bribe people to tell lies about Tommy Robinson? Theres a video on YouTube called Panodrama. I don't agree with Robinson, but they way the BBC were exposed by this made me laugh for ages, as well as question what else the BBC are lying about. Not going to link the video here, but just put the word in the youtube search bar.

The Horseman
26-Jun-20, 17:05
Today on reading the BBC Website, it was highlighting the American situation!
On CNN ...your most Untrustworthy News Outlet, it was profiling ‘The Anti Prez Trump’ message, in addition to the UK beaches being packed with Covid ‘exchangers’!
Each one making the other’s Country seem worse....Is this Objective News......so sad.

Corky Smeek
26-Jun-20, 17:14
Today on reading the BBC Website, it was highlighting the American situation!
On CNN ...your most Untrustworthy News Outlet, it was profiling ‘The Anti Prez Trump’ message, in addition to the UK beaches being packed with Covid ‘exchangers’!
Each one making the other’s Country seem worse....Is this Objective News......so sad.

Well, some of us have been attempting to convince you for ages that the BBC is not objective. At least now you are seeing it for yourself.

Bogbrush
27-Jun-20, 16:31
Hi Pat, sadly at the moment if you want to watch STV, Channel 4 or any station on a TV you need a Licence. While many people have stopped paying it does leave them open to prosecution if you own a TV - https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

The way I read your link, it only applies to live TV and live streams and iPlayer, not the TV set's capabilities or for downloads after live broadcasts. Enjoy your ITV repeats and Netflix!

The Horseman
27-Jun-20, 18:21
We don’t have Licences here.
What do they cost......I have forgotten.. Tks

pat
27-Jun-20, 20:53
Just checked Horseman,
in May I paid £13.20 so that times 12 totals £158.40 for you to watch BBC as all other channels are free

JohnDH22
28-Jun-20, 09:17
I wish the BBC would do 'special free offers' like Amazon prime, Netflix, and others do. I completly rinsed out Netflix and Prime on free offers at the begining of lock-down. Now I've seen all I want, there is no need to pay membership to watch what I have already viewed for free. There is no new content worth a jot, so tha's my telly until xmas....maybe. As for news coverage, I remain a well informed adult by way of a weekly copy of the 'Groats Journal (on-line for free).

The Horseman
28-Jun-20, 15:23
Can’t u get the BBC ‘on line’?

pat
29-Jun-20, 11:25
If you watch it on line you still have to legally pay their licence fee, you tick a declaration that you have a television licence to enable you to proceed to watch BBC on line.
You do not sign the same declaration for other channels, only that you abide by fair use etc.

The Horseman
29-Jun-20, 12:47
Wow. I didn't realize that it was so expensive......and restrictive.
Do they have commercial messages?

badger
29-Jun-20, 16:31
There used to be a blog just called BBC Bias but it seems to have disappeared. However putting just that in your search engine produces masses of links yet OFCOM does nothing. Denies there is a problem. No point complaining to the Beeb - complete waste of time unless you're a big name or organisation. My issue, like many others, is over their obsession with climate change. Their policy was set many years ago by a "green" committee and for a long time now they have allowed no-one on air who dares to disagree. Those who did in the past were permanently banned. It seems to be a requirement that it is mentioned in almost any context, however unlikely. They should allow balanced debate on everything - politics and all - but they don't. I resent paying the licence fee and haven't for a while due to age but looks as if I will have to again.

pat
30-Jun-20, 10:33
Agree with you badger - BBC are completely biased and blinkered - if it does not fit with their views it is banned or the person not shown on BBC.

Horseman - the BBC is supposed to be advert free - which is why you are meant to pay the BBC licence fee, for them to pay themselves high salaries and pay for the programmes they produce, doesn't matter if you watch their programmes or only watch all the commercial channels you still have to pay the BBC licence fees as your television set is capable of receiving BBC.
If it was pay to view I do not think many folk would be viewing BBC, most folk accept they pay a television licence but do not realise ALL of that money funds the BBC only, for them to decide what views we should hold and what slots we should fit, their censorship and very biased reporting is frightening.

The Horseman
30-Jun-20, 22:20
Yes.....and the BBC I see on ‘The Net’ is just Copy and Paste CNN......and it is also Unreliable News.
But they get away with it.

Alrock
30-Jun-20, 23:02
Yes.....and the BBC I see on ‘The Net’ is just Copy and Paste CNN......and it is also Unreliable News.
But they get away with it.

You're only bashing the BBC because you hate CNN when all they do is report the news factually...

Thank god they're not Copy & Pasting from Fox News (https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/10/fox-news-donald-trump-coronavirus). (purposely found a non CNN link as you would have just accused it of being "Fake News")

Neil Howie
10-Jul-20, 22:48
I find it astounding, that the BBC continually ‘re prints’ the extremely biased opinions/comments of CNN.
A few days ago they had 15 excerpts taken from CNN!
Are they ‘short staffed’, or is it a Pro Liberal platform!
Thots.......

isn't a pro liberal platform a good thing?

The Horseman
11-Jul-20, 16:37
BBC today has 6 (six) Canadian stories on line. All are extremely Negative.
One is Fake News....I live here!

To those who watch CNN. It is not an Objective News Source!
It is controlled by the Democratic Party...as u say... The Liberals, solely to defeat the Republican (Conservatives).

Alrock.....U must believe in The Truth and objectivity! Surely!

I don't care who is in power in the US... Open ur ‘hoolies’!

The Horseman
29-Jul-20, 14:41
Another Anti-Prez Trump day on my version of The BBC.
Unbelievable how they Copy CNN.... what a sad way to go!

Alrock
29-Jul-20, 17:16
Another Anti-Prez Trump day on my version of The BBC.
Unbelievable how they Copy CNN.... what a sad way to go!

Try watching other TV (except US right wing conservative media, eg. Fox) & you'll see that is not just CNN & BBC reporting the actual news. It's not their fault that Trump gives them so much material to work with, like his latest, retweeting a Nigerian doctor claiming that she can cure Covid-19, the same doctor who believes in things like demons sleeping with women in their sleep causing illness etc.

Who is Dr. Stella Immanuel? (https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/28/who-is-dr-stella-immanuel/)

The Horseman
29-Jul-20, 18:11
[QUOTE=Alrock;1193696]Try watching other TV (except US right wing conservative media, eg. Fox) & you'll see that is not just CNN & BBC reporting the actual news. It's not their fault that Trump gives them so much material to work with, like his latest, retweeting a Nigerian doctor claiming that she can cure Covid-19, the same doctor who believes in things like demons sleeping with women in their sleep causing illness etc.

********CNN is a paid entity by the Democratic Party. Liberal Fake News!
Gosh, U Cannot be from Kaitness!.............

Alrock
29-Jul-20, 19:47
********CNN is a paid entity by the Democratic Party. Liberal Fake News!
Gosh, U Cannot be from Kaitness!.............

You just don't get it do you...

Trump is a (expletive) idiot, nothing to do with CNN, they just enjoy reporting on it. They don't make it up, they don't have to. What Trump does (or doesn't) do is reported factually in many other places, the BBC just one of them. Often see the same stories about Trump on Sky News, are the in league with CNN also?
In fact, you don't even have to watch any media to see that, try watching his own press breifings, full of lies & Me, Me, Me... Oh, & don't forget to read his own Twitter feed.

Maybe you're one of the QAnon (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon) followers who believe in a Deep State conspiracy against Trump that involves all media that are (justly) critical of Trump.

The Horseman
29-Jul-20, 21:33
I get it ‘cause I live in North America!
I am not ‘pro Prez Trump’....I just believe that he has the right idea. Trust me, he is more honest than many so called popular Statesmen, including lots of your own.
What I am saying is that that ‘anyone’ can Copy Dirt. It’s what sells the Media.
CNN and the like have a saying.....If it bleeds, it leads’’!
Your ‘catch phrase’ at the bottom of your page is so true.
And always remember His Mither was from The Isle of Lewis!

The Horseman
29-Jul-20, 22:15
Latest Fake News.,Woman abducted by plain clothes Police! Just read the story on the BBC website!
Garbage..she was wanted for numerous Incidents of Criminal Damage against Property and was legally arrested by Federal Agents!
She was charged and later released!
Even the Mayor, who is Anti Police, stated she had to be detained and it was done quickly and efficiently!
At first the Complaints and headline stories were that Police were in Uniform!
Now it’s that the Polis were not in Uniform! Get the drift??
FYI

dc1
30-Jul-20, 16:39
hello horseman keep on top of them keep telling the truth

The Horseman
30-Jul-20, 18:00
hello horseman keep on top of them keep telling the truth

I will, including the INDY! Ty.

dc1
30-Jul-20, 21:47
i am lybster man as well all the brainy ones come from there horseman

The Horseman
31-Jul-20, 03:32
i am lybster man as well all the brainy ones come from there horseman

Not a truer word in spoken....Aye Man!

pat
31-Jul-20, 13:51
dc1 What about the Lybster women - don't they have any brains?

The Horseman
31-Jul-20, 15:21
dc1 What about the Lybster women - don't they have any brains?

Of course Pat....mind u, Swiney is even better!!

dc1
02-Aug-20, 16:18
pat I was talking about myself but I know that my wife is a lot brainier than me but I am not going to tell her that

The Horseman
05-Oct-20, 23:43
I thought I had seen it all, but tonite The BBC had Michael Cohen, a convicted Fraudster...Tax Evasion... as one of their Guest Speakers calling out Prez Donald Trump.
Yes, he was at one time Trump’s lawyer, but went to Jail for the above.
And 7 different Anti Trump stories.....The BBC..objective news! Wow.

Alrock
06-Oct-20, 01:31
I thought I had seen it all, but tonite The BBC had Michael Cohen, a convicted Fraudster...Tax Evasion... as one of their Guest Speakers calling out Prez Donald Trump.
Yes, he was at one time Trump’s lawyer, but went to Jail for the above.
And 7 different Anti Trump stories.....The BBC..objective news! Wow.

OK then... here's your chance... Give us a good Pro Trump story about his actions tonight.

Fulmar
06-Oct-20, 08:11
You mean like going inside a sealed car with other people inside it while actively infected with Covid 19?

The Horseman
06-Oct-20, 09:46
I was talking about the BBC......but if u must ask, the veh he was in is likely The Beast, which is compartmentally sealed in case of ‘an attack’.
Own oxygen etc....
He is no different than some other Politicians...u have a few ‘worthies’ yourselves!
And may I add.....he wants to continue ‘his good work’, as The Prez! What say yeeeeee!

I just re read my post, and I shall give myself 5 *****! That’s STARS!

Alrock
06-Oct-20, 13:03
I was talking about the BBC......but if u must ask, the veh he was in is likely The Beast, which is compartmentally sealed in case of ‘an attack’.
Own oxygen etc....
He is no different than some other Politicians...u have a few ‘worthies’ yourselves!
And may I add.....he wants to continue ‘his good work’, as The Prez! What say yeeeeee!

I just re read my post, and I shall give myself 5 *****! That’s STARS!

& absolutely no concern for the two other people sat inside that hermetically sealed box of Covid... OK so they did have masks on but still an unnecessary risk all for his ego.

Then, last night, back to the White House, mask off, no concern whatsoever for the staff around him.

Remember, he is in all probability still shedding virus, unless he is lying (quite possible going on his history) & he was positive for longer then he is letting on (hence the refusal to answer the question of when his last negative test was), maybe even at the debate itself (he convieniently arrived too late for a pre-debate test that was supposed to happen).

Fulmar
06-Oct-20, 14:04
Really, the Donald does not need the BBC to accurately display what he is like- he does that entirely successfully for himself on social media and on all other avenues open to him each and every time he opens his mouth so I would say, what is your problem, Horseman?

dc1
06-Oct-20, 16:33
i dont know what like donald trump is like in real life and i dont know if i lived in the states would i be one of his supporters, but i know he cant be that stupid he became president of the usa

Alrock
06-Oct-20, 17:02
i dont know what like donald trump is like in real life and i dont know if i lived in the states would i be one of his supporters, but i know he cant be that stupid he became president of the usa

Stupidity doesn't come into it... You would hardly call Hannibal Lecter stupid would you?

Neil Howie
06-Oct-20, 23:37
deleted - too unkind

Neil Howie
06-Oct-20, 23:44
I've deleted my post on his stupidity.

He's clearly not a well man at the moment.

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-trump-appears-struggle-breathe-white-house-2020-10

Hopefully he will avoid the second bump with covid-19, where you think you've got better but quickly get worse.

The Horseman
07-Oct-20, 00:39
What really surprises me is why Any UK media outlet, would ‘slag’ another Countries Democratically elected leader to this degree!
I am sure u have enough probs in the UK and in particular Scotland. Perhaps it is to take the attention away from their own issues, which to me seem more serious.
Don't u think there is ‘stupidity’ everywhere!
Far too much CNN........oh and the New York Times....same calibre.

Alrock
07-Oct-20, 19:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tZVnbDq9B4

The Horseman
08-Oct-20, 04:48
Gosh! What a sad commentary....by U Alrock.
Scraping the barrel bottom again.
I thought the SCOTS had a Moral Compass! Are you a Scot?

Fulmar
08-Oct-20, 08:24
Are you at all interested in truth Horseman?

orkneycadian
08-Oct-20, 12:12
I thought the SCOTS had a Moral Compass!

What, ones like Derek MacKay?

The Horseman
08-Oct-20, 14:40
Another set of negative US Presidential Anti Trump news on BBC this am....5/6 of them.
I have never seen another Countries News Media do this. Perhaps they are receiving some ‘perks’!
I was trying to find the appropriate word to describe this, and not get ‘bumped’ from here...... and it could be ‘Tawdry’.
And......does no one remember that the United States of America save the UK!
What a World. Yes Orkney Canadian.......I have given you an Honorary Degree! I just read the story. Lovely!
They are having ‘a Sore time’ of it.

Fulmar
08-Oct-20, 15:25
What a strange view of the world you have- but you are entitled to it.

orkneycadian
08-Oct-20, 16:58
Aye, the're no called the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for nothing.....

The Horseman
08-Oct-20, 17:22
What a strange view of the world you have- but you are entitled to it.

Pray tell me where I am wrong! Ain’t that the Truth!

orkneycadian
09-Oct-20, 11:44
Yes Orkney Canadian.......I have given you an Honorary Degree! I just read the story. Lovely!

Er, thank you, I think. Not sure when I moved to Canada (still got the Orkney weather) or what I have been awarded an honorary degree for, and in what, but hey ho, I'll take it! Cheers!

The Horseman
10-Oct-20, 00:43
My Honor bestowed upon you is for ‘Common Sense’.
Yes, a few years ago and every so often I ‘endure’ Orkney weather.
Wind and rain or Rain and wind!

I do think that the SNP needs a ‘clean up’. Scotland...a sma’ country, with it’s emigrants around the World, deserve better than a bunch if crooks and ‘back biters’ trying to get ahead. ‘Tis a true saying......Power Corrupts!

Alrock
10-Oct-20, 02:08
I do think that the SNP needs a ‘clean up’. Scotland...a sma’ country, with it’s emigrants around the World, deserve better than a bunch if crooks and ‘back biters’ trying to get ahead. ‘Tis a true saying......Power Corrupts!

I'm confused?

This... From a Trump supporter?

The Horseman
10-Oct-20, 09:18
I'm confused?
This... From a Trump supporter?

I am not a Trump supporter......I look objectively at the situation.
Yes, the United States have probs, but..........it shocks me what is occurring in Scotland. And the people like yourself this it’s OK?
Oh Dear.

pat
10-Oct-20, 13:18
Now you can perhaps understand why many folk have turned away from BBC - very opinionated and very biased.

Do not watch BBC now at all, not even on catch up - my one programme I used to turn on BBC for was Antiques Roadshow but don't bother now even with that programme.

Stopped paying TV licence sometime ago as it is BBC you are paying your licence money and I will not pay to watch such biased, self righteous, indoctrinated, opinionated rubbish

Fulmar
10-Oct-20, 14:15
I have no problem at all with the BBC and will continue to watch it, not least for the reports from renowned and respected international reporters such as Orla Guerin and Fergal Keane but also, because there are still good programmes and series to be found on there that I enjoy seeing.

The Horseman
10-Oct-20, 21:58
The ‘Renowned’ reporters are there to re-cycle CNN/Liberal Party News.
And if they don't tow the Party Line, they will be replaced (One way of the other), by someone who will........

Alrock
04-Nov-20, 20:16
So much for the BBC just regurgitating CNN, been watching BBC news coverage of the US election & saw lots of Fox News & no CNN.

The Horseman
05-Nov-20, 01:18
Methinks it depends where u live.
The BBC ‘feed’ that I get is CNN.
At least Fox seems to be ‘in the middle’!

Now.......I watched a Movie last nite called Bombshell.........The story of Roger AILES of Fox News.....and his behaviour with women. Astounding........