You're missing a 'g' off the end of your link:

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shipnw3.jpg

avalon
14-Jun-07, 16:23
Hi Thanks , No its the link I had to reset it. try again
Brian

Skerries
14-Jun-07, 17:52
Not sure but it looks a bit like HMS Victory...

dunderheed
14-Jun-07, 18:36
the mayflower? or one of the other ones from the founding fathers journey.
i dont think its victory as there doesnt seem to be enough gun ports

Elenna
14-Jun-07, 19:08
Far too much sail for the Mayflower, Victory (besides the lack of gun ports :)), or Beagle...and completely wrong shape for the Endeavour. Schooners and clippers would have that amount of sail, though. Could it be the Cutty Sark?

avalon
14-Jun-07, 19:09
I have made it a bigger picture still getting use to putting pictures on here

mareng
14-Jun-07, 21:56
HMS Mantlepiece? :)

DeHaviLand
15-Jun-07, 01:18
It has almost the same rigging arrangement as the Cutty Sark, so I would think it is just a general representation of a clipper.

northener
17-Jun-07, 19:07
It's just a general representation of a sailing ship, actually it's amix of different types and centuries.

The bit that looks like a bay window at the stern is too low down and out of proportion to be a realistic interpretation of a captains main cabin.

The forecastle is completely wrong, it doesn't match up with the poop deck area and the bow wouldn't be that shape with a ship fitted with such a prominent forecastle.

The forecastle would be found on ships up to mid-C17th, then it was done away with. The hull shape and stern arrangement could be mid C18th to early C19th. The sail plan is in keeping with this later period.

evelyn
17-Jun-07, 20:48
Looks a bit like the USS Charles Morgan or the Constitution, but it`s not actually either of them. I agree that it`s probably just a general representation more than a particular vessel. It would be exactly like the Morgan if it were not for the oversized mizzen sail.

justine
17-Jun-07, 21:21
well it is certainly a clipper/schooner... Looking at the distict markings it could be the BELLE ETOILE.. but there are a few clippers that have the same colours and it is very hard to put an exact name to her. although she is a nice looking ship...

Metalattakk
17-Jun-07, 23:26
It has almost the same rigging arrangement as the Cutty Sark, so I would think it is just a general representation of a clipper.

Aye, but if you put a match to it, it'd be the spitting image of the Cutty Sark, no? ;)

brokencross
18-Jun-07, 07:17
I think it is one of the kit type models where you buy a weekly magazine for about £4-95 (first issue 0-99p) for about 6 years and get a free bit of the ship with every issue. You then end up paying more than buying a real boat.