PDA

View Full Version : Martin Taylor? In Thurso!?

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Jun-07, 19:48
Could barely believe my eyes when I took at a look at the org's homepage today. Is Martin Taylor really coming to play Thurso? He is, in my opinion, the finest technical guitarist alive in the world today. I saw his last Scottish show at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh and it was simply mind-blowing. I suggest anyone with an interest in music get along and see a true master of the guitar at work.

the_big_mac
13-Jun-07, 19:53
Could barely believe my eyes when I took at a look at the org's homepage today. Is Martin Taylor really coming to play Thurso? He is, in my opinion, the finest technical guitarist alive in the world today. I saw his last Scottish show at the Queens Hall in Edinburgh and it was simply mind-blowing. I suggest anyone with an interest in music get along and see a true master of the guitar at work.

Shockaroony! :eek:

To think there is no music scene up here :roll:

Sporran
13-Jun-07, 20:41

I think it's great that Martin's coming to Thurso, and wish I could see him perform too! I've got one of his CDs, and I agree with your opinion, Pepsi! :)

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Jun-07, 21:23
Shockaroony! :eek:

To think there is no music scene up here :roll:

People like Martin Taylor don't venture this far north. I'd expect nothing less than a Sold Out show with many more people demanding to get in. So show your support, folks. Give him a good, Caithness welcome and maybe, just maybe he'll tell more of his influential friends what a great place Caithness is... and have a few more internationally-renowned musicians come up to play.

Mac, artists of Taylor's caliber come up once in a blue moon - that doesn't mean there's a music scene. Caithness is a bit like an architects model: there's people doing, perhaps, the same thing in different places, yet not coming together for the greater good. Perhaps the Big Gig will change that. Time will tell, I guess.

Jeemag_USA
13-Jun-07, 22:47
Who is Martin Taylor, never heard of him??? He can't be that good or he wouldn't be going to Choochterville surely :Razz

I saw Shooglenifty in Caithness, probably the best band in the known universe and thats for real, saw them in the Waterfront.

norscot
13-Jun-07, 22:56
Martin Taylor is a regular visitor to the Mill Theatre, this is his fourth visit in the past five years. There are still a few seats available but they're going fast.

Chobbersjnr
13-Jun-07, 23:22
Martin Taylor is a regular visitor to the Mill Theatre, this is his fourth visit in the past five years. There are still a few seats available but they're going fast.

you beat me to it....

yeah his fourth visit indeed