PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health Department

King_Creon
30-May-07, 09:13
I am looking for an email address or a phone number for someone on the smoking team at the local council EHD if such a person exsists. I have someone questions regarding the legalities of smoking during live art.

Thank you for reading. Hope you can help.

brokencross
30-May-07, 09:49
Hope this helps.
http://www.clearingtheairscotland.com/faqs/qanda.html#theatres

If the link doesn't work, the section you appear to be interested in says

"Theatres and broadcasting or film studios
Theatres and broadcasting/film studios will be no-smoking premises under the law, so it will be an offence to smoke in them, including on-stage, from 26 March. Those performing in and attending theatrical performances have the same right to protection from the harmful effects of second-hand smoke as others. It should be noted that the law applies to any product which can be smoked, so the smoking of herbal cigarettes is also prohibited. For those theatrical or film performances which require to protray smoking, other artifical products will need to be used."

Presume you are taking about Scotland as England not smoke free yet.

Victoria
30-May-07, 11:06
Thats why Dot in Eastenders is gradually giving up smoking!![lol]

rfr10
30-May-07, 11:15
Has anyone actually seen any of the Smoking Inspector people that are supposed to check places to make sure people aren't illegally smoking in puplic places? Does anyone catch all the taxt drivers who smoke on the taxi? I haven't seen anything like that happening yet but it should.

Bobinovich
30-May-07, 13:08
I saw a council workman getting out of a bin lorry just yesterday with fag in mouth. I also know the driver is an asthmatic but refuses to say anything. [disgust]

Billy Boy
30-May-07, 13:34
I saw a council workman getting out of a bin lorry just yesterday with fag in mouth. I also know the driver is an asthmatic but refuses to say anything. [disgust]

I hope you reported the matter to the council bobinovich, thats just terrible[evil]

Bobinovich
30-May-07, 14:09
Nope BB, it's not my lungs getting filled, but if one of the other occupants wants to say something that's their choice.

Council workers all know the rules so if they want to flout them (along with the taxi drivers mentioned here) then that too is their choice.

King_Creon
30-May-07, 17:42
Thank you for the replies. The thing I'm hoping to find out is what we can use to make artificial cigarettes and I'm sure the EHD will need to be involved for that to go ahead.

Thank you again.

stratman
01-Jun-07, 22:13
Thank you for the replies. The thing I'm hoping to find out is what we can use to make artificial cigarettes and I'm sure the EHD will need to be involved for that to go ahead.

Thank you again.

When I was a kid I had a cigarette that I used to fill with talcum powder. From memory it was very effective. Of course you had to blow not suck. I got some reactions!! That was in the sixties I think they smoke in the womb now.