PDA

View Full Version : A mothers love.

cuddlepop
22-May-07, 17:17
This morning we had a bit of a stand off at a BB just up the road from us.
Police were called and we were advised to stay indoors and the street was blocked off.Unfortunatly my daughter had just gone out to the dentist.
I have never felt so helpless.I couldn't go out and I couldn't get her back in the home.
Some of you may know she has problems and would find it difficult to accept the police telling her "No you cant go home".I gave Mr Cp such a hard time he managed to escape(with permission ) to get her.
They got back in safely and the situation was resolved.

A mothers love defys all logic,I wanted my "baby "home with me even although I knew she was safer out of the situation.:eek:

Its all gone back to normal on our street and this mornings drama seems surreal.

horseman
22-May-07, 22:25
This morning we had a bit of a stand off at a BB just up the road from us.
Police were called and we were advised to stay indoors and the street was blocked off.Unfortunatly my daughter had just gone out to the dentist.
I have never felt so helpless.I couldn't go out and I couldn't get her back in the home.
Some of you may know she has problems and would find it difficult to accept the police telling her "No you cant go home".I gave Mr Cp such a hard time he managed to escape(with permission ) to get her.
They got back in safely and the situation was resolved.

A mothers love defys all logic,I wanted my "baby "home with me even although I knew she was safer out of the situation.:eek:

Its all gone back to normal on our street and this mornings drama seems surreal.

You are made of the right stuff cuddlepop.:D

Bobinovich
22-May-07, 22:31
At least there are some mothers who still care, and may it always be so. There are far too many who give their kids too loose a leash and don't even know where they are at any one time.

I got a call a couple of days ago from a concerned friend stating that there was an unaccompanied 5 year old girl (whom we know) zig-zagging her way from pavement to pavement up Castlegreen Road on her bike. After finishing the call I phoned the lassies mum who seemed less than bothered, especially when the girl appeared while I was talking to her [disgust].

brandy
23-May-07, 08:29
dont i know it.. my little boy is 4, and their are kids his age running loose in the streets the whole time. i was wondering why one little boy was riding his bike, and not in school.. only to find out hes not old enough to be in school.
yet he is old enough to ride his bike up and down busy streets full of cars on his own.
i lay into sam the other day, he was in the back garden and as he can now open the small gate.. grrr.. i was in the house with the back door open keeping an eye on them while i was cleaning.. all the sudden i see a flash by the front door.. and there is sam out front.. boy i grabbed him up marched him inside and sit his bottom on the stairs .. i was raging!
what i said was cruel but he has got to get it into his head..
i told him that he was never to leave the garden by himself, he was not allowed on the street by himself. i told him their was bad people in the world. and some one could grab him and take him away .. and he would never see mummy or daddy or ben again!
some might call that harsh.. but i would rather scare him than to only have his face on a poster.. looking out a shop window.

cuddlepop
23-May-07, 11:00
Too many kids are left to there own devices that when the parent try to accert some authority they're ignored.
my youngest finds it hard to understand why I wont give her the same amount of freedom her peers have.Unfortunatly she thinks I dont trust her,which I do ,its her "friends " I dont trust.:(
On Saturday she's16 and for her birthday she wants to go down to the Skye music festival I will not say "no your not going " but what I have said is that if your drinking alcohol dont expect to stay in this house,you'll have to go to your dads.Trust me,thats eneogh to keep her sober.
Kids dont seem to understand that you can enjoy something like the music festival without getting off your face.
Maybe its the example we set.:eek:

pulteney person
23-May-07, 19:38
Kinda agree with what Brandy is saying about kids running wild and some are very young but how many children have been snatched off the streets in Pulteney?? NONE.
In reality, most kids are harmed by people they know and not strangers. Caithness is one of the really safe places in the UK where children still have freedom and not fear.
I would be more concerned about a small child getting knocked over by a car than being 'snatched' off the street.