PDA

View Full Version : Dentist

North Rhins
18-May-07, 00:47
It’s half past midnight, I’ve just had my eighth Co Proxamol of the day and my toothache is not subsiding, at all.
I was at the dentists yesterday, the second visit in seven days. The Polish dentist wanted to take a tooth out. Nothing wrong with it, or what was left of it after a root canal filling. The tooth had no nerves, hence no pain or discomfort. I declined his offer of an extraction, instead, after some persuasion, he inserted two pins and built the tooth up with whatever it is dentists use, I think it was three of sand and one of cement.
I’ve got to say here and now that this particular dentist is rough, dog rough as in pretty damn brutal. His English is not good albeit better than my Polish; however I don’t live and work in Poland. I know I should be grateful for having an NHS dentist but should this result in a very second rate service? :(

highlander
18-May-07, 00:52
I think by the sound of it you should go to your doctor for some antibotics, could have a underlying infection, and painkillers wont budge that. (sorry to hear you are in so much pain)

North Rhins
18-May-07, 00:55
Sounds like a plan. There’s nothing quite like toothache is there? :~(

changilass
18-May-07, 01:14
Do you have any cloves in your spice collection, if so put one near the gum and it should help ease the pain till you can get to the docs.

highlander
18-May-07, 01:18
Changed my message LOL giving birth IS more painfull than teethache, so as a man count yourself lucky LOL (but you still have my sympathy)

highlander
18-May-07, 01:20
Also meant to add, gargle salted water in your mouth, swill it around the gums, this also takes away pain.

duncan1969
18-May-07, 09:41
same dentist took my 4 year old tooth sons out wife thought he was a gentle dentist he going back for another one coming out

North Rhins
18-May-07, 12:36
Now on antibiotics, root infection. Seems strange though, that you go in with no pain and come out with an infection.
I’ve been told of a Polish lady dentist in the same practice who has a very good reputation. I’m going to ask to see her in future.
Like I said before, I suppose I should be glad of an NHS dentist, I know there are a lot places where you have to pay private fees. What ever happened to the good old NHS? :confused

Cazaa
18-May-07, 13:20
[QUOTE=North Rhins;224824]
I’ve been told of a Polish lady dentist in the same practice who has a very good reputation. I’m going to ask to see her in future.

Wouldn't it be really funny if she were his wife and she heard about your original posting?

Dadie
18-May-07, 16:25
OUCH!! I know what its like i have had a tooth abcess i ended up at A&E with it and was given dihydrocodine tablets for the pain.. i was climbing the walls with tears rolling down my face and no way was the pain letting up! i couldnt get a dentist for 3 days ..... i was in so much pain i never want that to happen again....