PDA

View Full Version : Thank You To The Kind Couple From Bettyhill

Cinders392
16-May-07, 15:17
I would just like to give my greatest thanks to a couple of whom I do not know their names. I was up in Thurso today visiting relatives and parked my car at lidls to push the buggy down town to meet them. My son was in the car as I was setting up and loading the buggy. Had great time in central then back up to lidls to get the car and head home. On putting the key in the car and turning, did it start? Of course not. While I'd been setting up the buggy my son had climbed into the front and turned the lights on. I never noticed as I was at the side and he came out the side with me.
So I called my relatives back to come and jump start the car as I had the leads but wasn;t sure exactly how to do it. When they got there in their fancy new car their battery was all under coverings that needed an alan key to open it. So off my partners mother goes after 2 people who I thought she knew and they came over and said that they have to jump start cars all the time and could do it for us. The gentleman had my car ticking over in minutes after pulling his big landrover up beside our car. After thanking them I asked my partners mother if she worked with the lady and she said 'no she'd never seen them before in her life and that they were from bettyhill way!!'
I would have got a box of chocolates or such like but since they are strangers to us I'd just like to say how grateful I am for their help.
The world isn't such a bad place after all, especially when it is filled with kind stangers.
I have attached pictures(my partner works away) as my partner won't believe me when I tell him (yes this is the 2nd time since he has been away I have flattened the battery in the car!!)
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/48/photo0133gy4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

cuddlepop
16-May-07, 15:22
glad you got thinks sorted Cinders...re charity beginns at home thread ;)

Victoria
16-May-07, 15:45
I love hearing stories like this - well done the lovely people that helped you out.

poppett
16-May-07, 16:14
It restores your faith in human nature when something like this happens.

the nomad
16-May-07, 17:00
It costs nothing to give a helping hand.

I remember driving to Inverness last year and passing a young couple parked up in layby who were obviously having problems with their car, I drove on for another half mile and thought no go back and help them. It turns out they had a flat and couldn't get the wheel off as car jack kept sinking and wheel nuts were too tight. I stuck a couple of car mats under car jack undid the wheel nuts and jacked it up, quickly changed wheel, lowered it down and gave final tighten...5 mins it took and all I got was dirty hands but a huge thank you, it was worth it to see their smiles and look of utter relief.;)

mccaugm
16-May-07, 23:18
It costs nothing to give a helping hand.

I remember driving to Inverness last year and passing a young couple parked up in layby who were obviously having problems with their car, I drove on for another half mile and thought no go back and help them. It turns out they had a flat and couldn't get the wheel off as car jack kept sinking and wheel nuts were too tight. I stuck a couple of car mats under car jack undid the wheel nuts and jacked it up, quickly changed wheel, lowered it down and gave final tighten...5 mins it took and all I got was dirty hands but a huge thank you, it was worth it to see their smiles and look of utter relief.;)

Like someone said earlier it doesn't cost to help someone out. I loved the premise of the film "Pay It Forward"...lovely concept. Always have a tear in my eye at the end of it.

dunderheed
17-May-07, 08:11
Like someone said earlier it doesn't cost to help someone out. I loved the premise of the film "Pay It Forward"...lovely concept. Always have a tear in my eye at the end of it.

at last someone else who has seen this magnificent film.
got to admit i had a wee lump in my throat at the end , although i think it was because my mother was in floods of tears

topotheuk
17-May-07, 10:08
In your photo, the lady on the right is Lorna MacKay from Torrisdale Trekking Centre in Bettyhill.

Cinders392
17-May-07, 22:04
I spent last night looking up stables in bettyhill cause she mentioned this. I shall post a thank you card out to her and her partner.
Thank you very much for the information!
Kindest Regards