PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player

cherokee
29-Sep-16, 18:03
Can anyone give me an idea of the best buy for a MP3 Player ?

Being an utter technophobe, I won't be able to understand the intricacies of the technology about it, but I'd very much appreciate it if I could get some idea of where best to purchase one and what make/type/style is the best on the market at present.

My price range would only reach to £80 I'm afraid, if this could be taken into consideration.

Thank you for looking.

scorrie
09-Oct-16, 13:05
Can anyone give me an idea of the best buy for a MP3 Player ?

Being an utter technophobe, I won't be able to understand the intricacies of the technology about it, but I'd very much appreciate it if I could get some idea of where best to purchase one and what make/type/style is the best on the market at present.

My price range would only reach to £80 I'm afraid, if this could be taken into consideration.

Thank you for looking.

Depends what your needs are cherokee.

You can prioritise for portability, say if it's going to be carried upon your person, then there is the question of whether sound quality or functionality is the more important factor. MP3 players that focus on sound quality are generally less featured and you may not be able to have apps and can't play video, some don't even have a display.

Ease of downloading your songs also varies and the amount of memory varies hugely, from 4GB right up to ones I have seen with 160GB memory, which they claim allows 40,000 songs to be stored on the device.

Apple are unsurprisingly at the head of the market with their I Pod based variations and Sony have an extensive Walkman range.

I suspect if you shop about you will be able to get a Walkman with about 16GB of memory for around about the £80 mark. Based on the 160GB model storing 40,000 songs, you would be looking at 4,000 with 16GB. If you have a model that can play videos, the videos will eat more memory than song files do.

Any model you do buy will only sound as good as the headphones that are matched with it. Headphones that come with audio products are notoriously cheap and nasty. You should be able to get better quality for about £20 or so.

Good luck, I hope I was of help.

cherokee
11-Oct-16, 09:11
Thank you very much for your kind and very helpful reply scorrie. Its much appreciated. :)