PDA

View Full Version : China Crisis

Recycle it
15-Sep-16, 12:41
Ain't it funny how we would never buy a Chinese car ,motorbike or electrical goods along with lots of other stuff but England are going to buy their Nuclear Reactors. Why not build a Commercail Fast Reactor on the lines of the PFR at Dounreay ,that's what it was designed for instead of some Chinese poor mans rip off. More Tory Tat .

mi16
15-Sep-16, 13:48
Ain't it funny how we would never buy a Chinese car ,motorbike or electrical goods along with lots of other stuff but England are going to buy their Nuclear Reactors. Why not build a Commercail Fast Reactor on the lines of the PFR at Dounreay ,that's what it was designed for instead of some Chinese poor mans rip off. More Tory Tat .

Its a British project, not English and I think you will find that a lot of your stuff with originate from China.
It was Labour that kicked off this project if memory serves me correct.
I dare say the old PFR technology is a tad on the outdated side by now, but I aint no nuclear scientist.

Recycle it
15-Sep-16, 16:03
Its a British project, not English and I think you will find that a lot of your stuff with originate from China.
It was Labour that kicked off this project if memory serves me correct.
I dare say the old PFR technology is a tad on the outdated side by now, but I aint no nuclear scientist.

Sorry would have to disagree , yes we are all going to pay with higher energy price but if Scotlands goes independed it will be English with a capital E . The PFR is a bit like the Jet engine ,Harrier jump jet or tilting train all great idea backed by taxpayers money until the money boys saw a chance to highjack it,then sell it off . The PFR is a proper miracle of science ,it's like having a fire and placing a lump of coal and a stone in ,you get the heat and the stone has turned to coal and the coal to ash ( waste) .you just have to repeat the process over and over . Were scared of North Korea who are backed by China yet we are throwing open the doors to them . Camerons Government started all this with " PROJECT FEAR " so the blame lays at his door and the lot that vote for him. In my day it was unthinkable to invite the Chinese in ,how things change and money is the key. Sorry for the rant .

Scout
15-Sep-16, 17:39
Ain't it funny how we would never buy a Chinese car ,motorbike or electrical goods along with lots of other stuff but England are going to buy their Nuclear Reactors. Why not build a Commercail Fast Reactor on the lines of the PFR at Dounreay ,that's what it was designed for instead of some Chinese poor mans rip off. More Tory Tat . What part of the world does Apple phone made from? I bet 80% of your contents in your house comes from China very little is built in UK now even London black cabs are owned by China.

Recycle it
15-Sep-16, 18:43
What part of the world does Apple phone made from? I bet 80% of your contents in your house comes from China very little is built in UK now even London black cabs are owned by China.

money does not mean quality ,just look at Trump . Nor does country of origin . Would I buy a Chinese reactor not a hope .On saying that, Westminster government will have to buy Chinese steel and an reactor for the new Trident as we ain't got any of our own . Just because we've sold of the silver ( London cabs) to keep the rich fat cats feed . That don't mean its right of the country or society as a whole . China are great at copies but that's it ,copies made from poorer grade materials or not quality . Next time you want a flight ask for one with Chinese made engines ,there with be plenty of seats available . I have nothing against the Chinese or any nationality ,just the standard of workmanship and quality . By the way less than 5% of my house would or could be Chinese ,that I can guarantee . END.

Scout
15-Sep-16, 19:06
money does not mean quality ,just look at Trump . Nor does country of origin . Would I buy a Chinese reactor not a hope .On saying that, Westminster government will have to buy Chinese steel and an reactor for the new Trident as we ain't got any of our own . Just because we've sold of the silver ( London cabs) to keep the rich fat cats feed . That don't mean its right of the country or society as a whole . China are great at copies but that's it ,copies made from poorer grade materials or not quality . Next time you want a flight ask for one with Chinese made engines ,there with be plenty of seats available . I have nothing against the Chinese or any nationality ,just the standard of workmanship and quality . By the way less than 5% of my house would or could be Chinese ,that I can guarantee . END. So you say Apple are crap? burberry cloths yes you hear correct they are manufactured and the list goes on in China. Name me one we have produced that is great. OK Rang Rover breaks down, Rolls Bentley these are all looking good cars but break down a lot. Take the bike industry why are there no real British bikes about? they leaked oil etc. And we say we are the best lol

Kevin Milkins
15-Sep-16, 20:10
Mrs M has a motorbike that was made in China, I'm not suggesting its any good, but it was made in China.

mi16
15-Sep-16, 22:52
Sorry would have to disagree , yes we are all going to pay with higher energy price but if Scotlands goes independed it will be English with a capital E . The PFR is a bit like the Jet engine ,Harrier jump jet or tilting train all great idea backed by taxpayers money until the money boys saw a chance to highjack it,then sell it off . The PFR is a proper miracle of science ,it's like having a fire and placing a lump of coal and a stone in ,you get the heat and the stone has turned to coal and the coal to ash ( waste) .you just have to repeat the process over and over . Were scared of North Korea who are backed by China yet we are throwing open the doors to them . Camerons Government started all this with " PROJECT FEAR " so the blame lays at his door and the lot that vote for him. In my day it was unthinkable to invite the Chinese in ,how things change and money is the key. Sorry for the rant .

aah the old independand Scotland argument, is that the independand scots one that the majority of us do not want.

theone
16-Sep-16, 08:13
money does not mean quality ,just look at Trump . Nor does country of origin . Would I buy a Chinese reactor not a hope .On saying that, Westminster government will have to buy Chinese steel and an reactor for the new Trident as we ain't got any of our own .

Reactors for a "new trident" will almost certainly be built in Derby, the same place they have been built since the 1960's.

Recycle it
16-Sep-16, 08:59
Reactors for a "new trident" will almost certainly be built in Derby, the same place they have been built since the 1960's.

The reactor system used in the vanguard class is thirty years old and designs have moved on . The system and the steel used was made to a UK MOD speck for both the reactor and pressure vessel . It was British companies that got the contracts due to the security of the system used. The reactors are assembled in Derby but tried and tested in Caithness , even the MOD sent their staff up to see the system run and be trained. I know the system inside and out .

theone
16-Sep-16, 11:16
The reactor system used in the vanguard class is thirty years old and designs have moved on . The system and the steel used was made to a UK MOD speck for both the reactor and pressure vessel . It was British companies that got the contracts due to the security of the system used. The reactors are assembled in Derby but tried and tested in Caithness , even the MOD sent their staff up to see the system run and be trained. I know the system inside and out .

So not from China, as you previously said?

Bogbrush
16-Sep-16, 14:53

Wasn't Derby made in China?

Shaggy
16-Sep-16, 16:13
Hmmm, i'm a little lost here....enlighten me someone please.....How can a thread that is about a FRENCH built nuclear reactor getting built in ENGLAND that has some CHINESE money invested in the project, get turned on it's butt and end up yet again being a trolling tripe post about SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE???...i'm completely baffled...Guess i better go make myself another pot of coffee (BRAZILIAN btw).

DSTOTM
16-Sep-16, 21:17
Ain't it funny how we would never buy a Chinese car ,motorbike or electrical goods along with lots of other stuff but England are going to buy their Nuclear Reactors.

Who are "we"? You?

I think you will find that the vast majority of electrical goods / motor vehicle parts etc. these days are made in China and I think you may find that you have bought a helluva lot of Chinese goods if you crack the hood and have a look at the components inside. Do you watch the Nicola Sturgeon show on a television? If so, you will be amazed to learn that 90% of the parts that go into your television are made in China and the other 10% in places like Korea, the Philippines etc.

Do you drink tea / coffee? do you have a kettle? Made in China. The tea itself will probably be Indian, unless you prefer Chinese tea...... in that case the actual tea you are drinking is also Chinese.

All low / mid / high end audio gear is crammed full of Chinese made diodes / resistors / regulators / capacitors / potentiometers / printed circuit boards etc. etc.

Graham Slee, a good friend of mine, flies the "British Made" flag and promotes it proudly: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/ Every SINGLE part in his amps / DACS / Phono stages are made in China but his designs come from his own British mind and he assembles his products on British soil using Chinese parts. He has to! There is no such thing as a company in Britain these days who manufactures electronic components.

Made in Britain these days means "assembled in Britain using foreign parts" so don't be so cock sure that your home is "China free", it most certainly is not.

The UK, as a nation, isn't CAPABLE of producing ANYTHING (apart from sheep and potatoes) on its own anymore.... we are reliant on the overseas sweatshops to sustain our indulgent lifestyles, that's a fact. The days of in house design, prototype and production of the entire kaboodle are long gone and, sadly, never to return.

The UK (as a nation) are not capable of producing a nuclear reactor "in house" these days....... most of the populous are predisposed claiming benefits and blaming Polish migrants for their lot........ the "government" of the day don't care about the country and are only interested in lining their pockets and would sell their mother to achieve their PERSONAL goals.

You sir talk about the Chinese Market as if it were some sort of inferior / useless / crappy / substandard marketplace and infer that "Scotland" could rule the world..............

Run, don't walk, and buy an ear hair trimmer..... you obviously have heather growing out of them..... you, sir, are on planet "IHGAC"......... (I haven't got a clue)!

Here's a little tester for you, a bit of homework if you like........

Find me any of the following that is made in the UK:

1 x 400V / 200uF electrolytic capacitor
1 x UF4007 diode
1 x LED television screen

I could make the list a lot longer (thousands of items) but don't want to make you look stupid........ I also don't want to waste my time making you look even more stupid than you already are.