PDA

View Full Version : Jack/Steven/Farquhar families

caroline
28-May-05, 01:33
Hi All

I am a beginner doing my family tree. Hope somebody might be able to help. i am a descendant of James Steven Jack married to Isabella Farquhar. Iisabella Farquhar came from Staxigoe and they were married on 22 December 1890. They had two sons Alexander, David and six daughters. Any information would be much appreciated.

Caroline

caroline
29-May-05, 00:53
Hi all

Just an update I was searching scotlandspeople today and discovered there must be an error in my Grandfather David Jack's birth certificate. His marriage certificate states he is James Bremner Jack and on other children,s b c states he is James Bremner Jack and not James Steven Jack. His father.s name was Alexander Jack born 1832 and his mother was Margaret Steven Jack born 1826. They had four other sons according to the 1871 cenus

William Born 1858
Alexander Born 1860
John Born 1864
Peter Born 1869

Maybe some one out there is looking for the same family hopefully

Caroline

DlanoD
14-Jul-07, 01:26
Hi All

I am a beginner doing my family tree. Hope somebody might be able to help. i am a descendant of James Steven Jack married to Isabella Farquhar. Iisabella Farquhar came from Staxigoe and they were married on 22 December 1890. They had two sons Alexander, David and six daughters. Any information would be much appreciated.

Caroline
Hi there, did you get any further on with your research?
I am following the Farquhar family from Staxigoe and would love to get more information on them. A great grandmother was married to a Farquhar but we know little of them but my grandmother went as a young dairy maid to a local farm (Whitebridge) where she married my grandfather - this back early 1920's.
Dlanod

caroline
14-Jul-07, 14:58
Yes, DlanoD have come a long way in my research since putting that message on. If you can give me names of your Farquhar family from Saxigoe then I will be able to tell you if they connect. Please P.M. me if you prefer.

Caroline