PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of money.

Kenn
03-Jun-16, 00:24
I and my husband realised we would be unable to vote in person on the day of the referendum so contacted the council to get a postal vote.
This morning we both got a letter, posted separately to say that our applications had been accepted and that the postal vote form would be sent in due course.

I did n't need to be notified, the receipt of the postal vote form would have been sufficient to let me know I could exercise my right.

This means, 2 envelopes containing a letter apiece and the postage has been charged to the relevant authority, how many times has that been repeated across the country and at what cost?

How many pot holes would that have filled?

riggerboy
03-Jun-16, 04:44
not sure if 2 envelopes and 2 bits of paper would be any good for filling potholes, ????? would it, I thought they would use tar ??

mi16
03-Jun-16, 09:29
I and my husband realised we would be unable to vote in person on the day of the referendum so contacted the council to get a postal vote.
This morning we both got a letter, posted separately to say that our applications had been accepted and that the postal vote form would be sent in due course.

I did n't need to be notified, the receipt of the postal vote form would have been sufficient to let me know I could exercise my right.

This means, 2 envelopes containing a letter apiece and the postage has been charged to the relevant authority, how many times has that been repeated across the country and at what cost?

I shouldnt have have thought that it would be common practice to double up confidential information in the same envelope.
also regarding the confirmation, had you waited for the postal vote to not arrive it would then be too late to get another, or perhaps another individual may have been attempting to steal your identity and you knew nothing of the postal application, therefore the confirmation letter allows you to do something about it if not correct.

Kenn
03-Jun-16, 11:15
Lol riggerboy.

mi.16
I see where you are coming from but it still must cost a small fortune, am sure there must be a more efficient way to do this. The initial contact was by telephone , I could have been any one but was not challenged and the registration papers were forwarded with no further check.

fender
03-Jun-16, 13:00
Lol riggerboy.

mi.16
I see where you are coming from but it still must cost a small fortune, am sure there must be a more efficient way to do this. The initial contact was by telephone , I could have been any one but was not challenged and the registration papers were forwarded with no further check.

Election expenses, and that is what you are taking about here, are not charged to the relevant Local Authority.

golach
03-Jun-16, 13:40

Lizz, voting papers are for each individual, not for couples, that is why there were a copy to each you and your hubby. Who knows he may not vote the same way as you , IF you let him 😱

2little2late
05-Jul-16, 22:22
not sure if 2 envelopes and 2 bits of paper would be any good for filling potholes, ????? would it, I thought they would use tar ??
The council should try filling the potholes with papier mache. Let's face it they can't make any worse a job than they already do.