PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Broadband - Anyone using this and is it as good as BT direct

richardj
04-May-16, 19:28
I was looking at the latest offers from the Post Office website and am considering changing over to save some money. Does anyone else use this company for broadband in the Watten area and would you recommend it - or should I stay with good old BT?

pat
04-May-16, 20:21
I used Po Broadband in Central Belt - never again - I was connected at one number, after 6 weeks moved and they said that was all right would take number (paid £50 for that priviledge), after 4 days wondered why I was not receiving incoming calls - they had CHANGED MY NUMBER WITHOUT ADVISING ME!!!
I spent ages on the phone to them trying to find out why phone was not ringing when my number was dialled - the chap on customer service desk phoned me back and said he had fixed the problem!!! He was so busy laughing and joking with his mates in the office he had not realised that the number I had and the number I unknowingly now had were different - they both start with a 6 and ended with a 3 - similarity ended there!
Line fault from start after moving, 6 weeks into contract, they continued to tell me it was my equipment at fault, I paid for their engineer to come out to check (about £150), he said it was my equipment, eventually I got in touch with the Telecommunications Ombudsman - it took some time but they eventually sent another engineer to check and he found it was a fault in the box which should have been found easily on first check.
I spent hour upon hour on the phone to them - waste of breath and energy.
I found their customer service was absolutely atrocious, could not care, they were right always - even when the Ombudsman gave them time to check things out it was always my equipment as far as they were concerned.
I think it ended up I did not pay much but then I did not get a service, my internet went down about 20 times an hour, all the time.

I am now with EE and pay £189 up front for the year which includes line rental, unlimited landline calls (redial on the hour), 1000 mins of calls to mobiles a month, and calls to 30 countries included so can call all my pals now and it doesn't cost any more unless I go over the hour. I have been with EE for some time and very satisfied with them - always get English speaking people during the day if I have any queries but usually do any queries on line as connection is fantastic now.
After all the hassle I had with PO I personally would NEVER recommend them - found they were continually telling "untruths" and not listening and taking note of the customer. all they wanted was the money - one of the call centres was in Forres.