Fraser Sparling
Davey Alexander
Mark Wright
Slim Morrison
Zebedy

Marty Sutherland
Sean Moffat

?

ha ha sorry I had to come back and edit, what about Dunkers McLachlan :)

Jeid
25-Apr-07, 00:24
Mark Wright

Metalattakk
25-Apr-07, 01:17
Ross Macintosh fae Crimson Tide. That boy always gets a good tight drum sound. In fact, the whole band are as tight as a, er, drum...:Razz

Throw in a little bit of Neil MacGregor and some Bryan Dodds, just for some ROCK!

Jeemag_USA
25-Apr-07, 01:19
I always thought Sean Moffat was real good because he lash those drums really well and hold a really good lead vocal at the same time, is he still around?

Deemac
25-Apr-07, 16:49
So how come Isaac Sutherland has made it into the Guitar, Bass AND Drum lists??

Must be a multi-talented, wee !!

Don't tell him though or I'll have to widen all the doors for a second time!!

He'll also, I suspect, increase his gig rider demands to include NOT dumping all his gear out the back of the band trailer just to see if the flight cases can survive being run over by half a dozen cars!!!!:confused

The Pepsi Challenge
25-Apr-07, 18:11
While the majority of the list are decent drummers, there really is no competition; with all due respect, Isaac Sutherland is head and shoulders above them all. A highly dextrous skin-smacker who can play anything from jazz in 9/8 to rock in 4/4, from timid timpany to muscular funk workouts - in other words a drumming prodigy. I've seen the best drummers the world has to offer these past 8 years, and Isaac is definitely up there with the best of them. Personally, though, I like his drumming purely for the flamboyance and personality he brings to music I like to play on guitar. Anyone who doesn't agree either has no ears or is jealous. I'm jealous.

Deemac
25-Apr-07, 19:05
O my God, Pepsi you've done it now - His head is going to explode!!!!

The band will now have to buy a huge tour bus just to accommodate his ego . . . . . .

Never mind, I can always bring him down to planet Earth by pointing people in the direction of the Youtube Video featuring him playing at the age of 5 (6):Razz

goggs1987
25-Apr-07, 19:50
Pete Keddie
Tich Bremner
Isaac Sutherland
Fraser Sparling
Davey Alexander
Mark Wright
Slim Morrison
Zebedy

also Grant Lyal .... one of the most impressive all-round drummers ive heard!

kev hogg , darren astrohogg too .... both solid,tight-as drummers... with big bells :lol:!

Gleber2
25-Apr-07, 20:22
Aye, Grant is probably the best drummer in the North. Technically he is superb. Having said that, Darren Coghill, from the same school, is up there with the best of them. Nobody will remember him, but David Murray from Wick, Queen's Own Pipe band, is as good a rock drummer as I've ever played with. Of course no-one should forget Graham Walker, the most successful of local drummers and Mr. Boom, AKA Andy Munroe, who now plays with Blues in Trouble.

appleskin
25-Apr-07, 20:45
you would have to say isaac sutherland a clever player

foreveruntitled
25-Apr-07, 21:49
darren coghill

K dragon
25-Apr-07, 22:10
mark wright

Chobbersjnr
26-Apr-07, 00:35
Henry Mackinnon......pure class

George Anderson......Fusion would have nothing without George

Jeid
26-Apr-07, 00:48
I totally forgot about Fast Feet... Or Ross as most people know him. Amazing.

~~Tides~~
26-Apr-07, 22:55
Calum Beveridge...

hahahahahaha, just kidding.

Deemac
26-Apr-07, 23:02
Andy Anderson anyone!! (first drummer I saw in Thurso - wow, gave me my first and only lesson on the use of brushes).

zebedy
27-Apr-07, 17:00
David Horne
Spaz

The Pepsi Challenge
28-Apr-07, 01:10
More than off topic here, however... just to say... I went to see The Funkmasters in Edinburgh tonight. A collaboration between some of the most seminal funk musicians ever, John "Jabo" Starks and Clyde Stubblefield - the most sampled drummers ever and an integral part of James Brown's band - were the dual drummers on show. Parliament/ Funkadelic's Bernie Worrell was on keyboards, original James Brown trombone player Fred Wesley led from the front (he arranged pretty much ever brass part for James Brown's band) and an appearance by the current guitar player for Herbie Hancock and sax player for Average White Band were also on show. It was one of the most fantastic funk nights ever witnessed in Scotland. Had the club's curfew not been so strict, the band would have played all night. Overall, a true masterclass in fatback funk. Awesome.

zebedy
28-Apr-07, 14:15
Ewan Barker

Jeemag_USA
28-Apr-07, 18:19
Ewan Barker

Yup forgot about Ewan, cracking drummer!