PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone???

scotsboy
17-Apr-07, 17:51
What has happened to all the posters on here? Where are DrSzin, Squidge, Gleber2, Gleeber, Canuk……….etc etc – have they got a secret wee room somewhere?

quirbal
17-Apr-07, 17:55
oh well, at least you still have me.:lol::lol:

Angela
17-Apr-07, 18:00
canuck's back on Iona, stuck in a queue for dial-up access [evil]
Don't know where everyone else is, it does seem a bit quiet....perhaps the better weather and longer evenings make sitting staring at a screen less tempting? :confused

weeboyagee
17-Apr-07, 18:15
Am back - the day! But am not on yer list scotsboy! Was away in Ireland, great time!

WBG :cool:

Valerie Campbell
17-Apr-07, 18:20
Am still here. Just not had much to say lately...

scotsboy
17-Apr-07, 18:20
The list wasn't a comprehensive one weeman;) Glad yer back - where in Ireland were you? Business or pleasure?

weeboyagee
17-Apr-07, 18:23
Pleasure - and what a pleasure it was - I've got a bit of news for Bill so am about to let him know and hopefully he can post it on the front page - but let's say we had a wee cause for celebration! ;) And you know what us Scots are like at celebrating! The brewery in Dublin was on overtime.....and the lorries were carting it by the load to Letterkenny!

mr do dar
17-Apr-07, 18:30
it seems everything you say is taken the wrong way . so if you do or say owt you cant be told off . i think i could be speaking for a lot of the people

sam
17-Apr-07, 18:49
It seems really quite on here, there are a few of the regulars who were mentioned in the first post that havent been on for a while and there are a lot who have been banned or suspended for one reason or another over the last couple of weeks, i dont think i'v seen it so quite for a while at this rate there will be no one left to post:confused

Lavenderblue2
17-Apr-07, 19:16
Pleasure - and what a pleasure it was - I've got a bit of news for Bill so am about to let him know and hopefully he can post it on the front page - but let's say we had a wee cause for celebration! ;) And you know what us Scots are like at celebrating! The brewery in Dublin was on overtime.....and the lorries were carting it by the load to Letterkenny!

Sounds like congratulations are in order Weeboyagee - I did wish my GP good luck before she went!!

LB

Lolabelle
17-Apr-07, 21:10
I think the org has changed incredibly since I started on here about a year ago. Hardly any of the old faces around. That's sad & I miss the energy and at times spitefulness that was free flowing in the threads. But now, it's nice to meet new members and old lurkers who might not have wanted to jump into the mire of earlier free for alls. :eek:

golach
17-Apr-07, 22:16
, i dont think i'v seen it so quite for a while at this rate there will be no one left to post:confused
I and a few others will still be here :lol:

scorrie
17-Apr-07, 22:34
The site seems less "debate friendly" than it used to be. This is for various reasons in my opinion. Many topics seem to be flogged to death now, they descend into the usual tennis matches between the usual mixed-doubles partners. It doesn't help that some of these people will not play ball when you raise a point that they cannot deal with, hiding behind spurious reasons or adopting "silent running" mode.

Cut and thrust seems to have been replaced by cut and paste, there are endless urls to wade through and the tedious sight of post after post being picked apart in minute detail through a "quote-reply, quote-reply" technique. Loads and loads of repetition and not much sign of the art of summary or the ability to stick to that which is relevant. There is also the feeling of assumed intellectual superiority on the part of some of the "armchair cognoscenti"

It is also seems pretty hard to make a point here without offending somebody. I was given a warning for using the word "hard", as it was deemed to be inappropriate in the context of the Naked Rambler thread. That is pretty feeble in my mind and I am sure it is frustrating for other posters to have little leeway for bringing a slightly more adult edge, in the name of humour. There is no doubt that some users pushed their luck too far but I have seen quite a few users posting that they think the moderation is a bit over the score.

I have been on this site fairly regularly for a few years and definitely think that it has faded as a place for various adult opinions to be embraced and reasonably discussed. Too many egos at work and a lack of tolerance of difference is where I place the main cause.

scorrie
17-Apr-07, 22:36
I and a few others will still be here :lol:

Is that supposed to cheer us up or have us reaching for the Hemlock ;o)

golach
17-Apr-07, 22:44
Is that supposed to cheer us up or have us reaching for the Hemlock ;o)
Lol either way, Am I bovvered? [lol]

Colin Manson
18-Apr-07, 06:48
I have been on this site fairly regularly for a few years and definitely think that it has faded as a place for various adult opinions to be embraced and reasonably discussed. Too many egos at work and a lack of tolerance of difference is where I place the main cause.

I've been here since day one and there never has been any tolerance for the type of adult humour that you attempted to bring.

The rules have always stated:

You must understand that these forums are read by people of all ages and we must moderate accordingly.

You are blaming the system for changing where in fact it is you that is attempting to change the system. There is a need to provide what the users want but there is a greater need to protect the family orientated nature of the site.

scorrie
18-Apr-07, 13:55
I've been here since day one and there never has been any tolerance for the type of adult humour that you attempted to bring.

The rules have always stated:

You are blaming the system for changing where in fact it is you that is attempting to change the system. There is a need to provide what the users want but there is a greater need to protect the family orientated nature of the site.

I am pretty sure that you will find that many double entendres have been allowed throughout the years. My warning came from Niall, rather than a Moderator, so I am assuming that this was the result of a complaint. Either way, I stand by my belief that this was a laughable reason to issue a warning.

I am NOT attempting to change the system, merely observing and commenting on the subject of this thread. Unless I am sorely mistaken, the system HAS changed and I gave my opinion on the effect of the changes.

I was the first person to post questioning the decision to ban Religion as a topic and the resulting poll overwhelmingly spoke in favour of keeping it up for discussion. I am merely questioning where you draw the line between allowing some adult inference and pandering to those who are very easily offended?

You can carry on waving the rules and let the site become anaemic. That is , of course, the prerogative of the owners. It is my opinion, however, that most users are adult enough and broad-minded enough to savour a small amount of pepper in their org hors d'oeuvres.

Just my tuppence worth, no doubt others have different views. That is the beauty of a varied spectrum of opinion.

DarkAngel
18-Apr-07, 14:38
Quite a few have been made Ex-Orgers in the past few weeks..I dont know why as i want on for a while! :( Seems a shame really!

Ricco
18-Apr-07, 20:25
Now then, Scotsboy... where have YOU been? Canuck (for a start) has been isolated on Iona for several weeks. Everyone else is around - probably just busy.

rfr10
18-Apr-07, 22:26
I haven't posted much in a while as haven't seen any interesting topics that I'd need to post a message about.

paris
18-Apr-07, 23:00
Im about........Just ! jan x

sweetpea
18-Apr-07, 23:10
I like to float in and out but it's the bright nights so the longer the days get less I'll be online for any sites;)

JAWS
19-Apr-07, 03:32
Canuck has posted on several occasions recently. In fact when this Thread started she had recently updated her Thread about being on Iona and posters had responded to her. At that point her Thread was less than half way down the front page.

MadPict
19-Apr-07, 10:22
I'm still here........:p

Saveman
19-Apr-07, 11:04
I'm lurking.

Doh!

Gleber2
19-Apr-07, 11:59
Can't be bothered any more!!!!

justine
19-Apr-07, 14:06
still around and watching but cant find anything interesting to post on...

laguna2
19-Apr-07, 15:23
Must admit I feel that some of the spark has gone from the Board.

the charlatans
19-Apr-07, 16:04
i'm here, but moved house and phone line isn't connected.

i was wondering the same thing. hope those that are left will continue to have 'e crack'.

Errogie
19-Apr-07, 21:00
Fishing season started, too much daylight and too many mountains to climb and lochs to investigate.
Close it down for the summer and return when the clocks go back!

JAWS
20-Apr-07, 04:21
The Boards are like anything else, people come and people go.
There are always those who join in something and then decide they want things changed and are not happy if they don't.
Some join, take an interest for a while and then get bored.

Whatever happens the Org is here to stay and new people are joining in all the time so it certainly isn't dying despite what some people say.
For those who don't find Threads they wish to post on there are others who seem to find plenty.

Then again, perhaps the fact that some can't find any Threads of interest to post on is because few others have the same narrow interests.
Perhaps they should broaden their horizons instead of just concentrating on things they want.

gleeber
20-Apr-07, 07:38
What has happened to all the posters on here? Where are DrSzin, Squidge, Gleber2, Gleeber, Canuk……….etc etc – have they got a secret wee room somewhere?
I'm still here too Scotsboy.
Have you done a survey Jaws or are you guessing at some of the reasons why people don't post any more?
I would be interested to know why a prolific poster like yourself would suspect lack of posting is a mark of a narrow mind?

brokencross
20-Apr-07, 08:09
The messageboard used to be my first port of call every single morning. (besides going to the loo of course)

I still visit daily but must admit like many others I have become disenchanted, disillusioned and disappointed by some of the personal sniping that goes on in some of the threads.

I feel that many people continue to read the board, but have stopped posting because they are fed up getting shot down in flames, dismissed out of hand, or ridiculed because of their views and opinions, rather than constructive arguments.

The moderators do have a very difficult job in policing the site but once again I agree with many others who think that maybe they can be a bit over zealous in their task. I appreciate that the board is read by a large range of ages, but some of the humour (double entendres etc) is way above the heads of the younger readers and should be allowed as long as there is no swearing. (the use of dingbats type symbols in place of intemperate language should also be allowed because they can mean whatever the READER wants them to mean).

That is my preaching and lecture over, now shoot me down in flames......I can take it!!

Tristan
20-Apr-07, 08:47
The messageboard used to be my first port of call every single morning. (besides going to the loo of course)

I still visit daily but must admit like many others I have become disenchanted, disillusioned and disappointed by some of the personal sniping that goes on in some of the threads.

I feel that many people continue to read the board, but have stopped posting because they are fed up getting shot down in flames, dismissed out of hand, or ridiculed because of their views and opinions, rather than constructive arguments.

The moderators do have a very difficult job in policing the site but once again I agree with many others who think that maybe they can be a bit over zealous in their task. I appreciate that the board is read by a large range of ages, but some of the humour (double entendres etc) is way above the heads of the younger readers and should be allowed as long as there is no swearing. (the use of dingbats type symbols in place of intemperate language should also be allowed because they can mean whatever the READER wants them to mean).

That is my preaching and lecture over, now shoot me down in flames......I can take it!!

Excellent post and one that I think a lot of people would agree with.

paris
20-Apr-07, 09:37

I too agree with your post, to much bitching for me ! jan x

Angela
20-Apr-07, 09:45

I won't shoot you down brokencross, I totally agree.

Many's the time I've sat and shouted at this screen but not had the courage to post because I just don't want to be patronised or insulted.:~(

I agree that mild double entendres and slightly more adult humour should be allowed - readers will either be too young to understand, or else...well they will be old enough to understand! I must say I find myself thinking "Can I post that?" and then I don't post it! I'm not talking about swearing of course, but it's difficult to know exactly what might be taboo. :confused

I would like to add though that folk should try not to be put off posting - the best way to get a variety of different threads is for people with a variety of interests to initiate threads!

I well remember a thread you yourself started about having got out of the habit of reading and wondering how to get going again, which a lot of Orgers found interesting, and we started posting about how much or how little we read, and what types of books. We just never know if other folk will be interested if we don't post on the subject!

emb123
20-Apr-07, 10:04
Must admit I've come across a couple of funny items which I've not been able to post because for no very good reason there was maybe the odd word used which one doesn't wish children to pick up. Most recently there was a video joke advert about alternative product to the Glade Plug (In) air freshener which touches on the subject of flatulence in a very funny way. It can be found with a bit of thoughtful Googling.

I wonder of there are actually any juvenile readers to the forum. I suppose that we do need to ensure that even links posted here contain content which is suitable for minors.

I do sometimes wonder if the content of a link is really not really all that naughty then perhaps an advisory warning above the link might suffice, but then where do you draw the line ?

Tough call I think.

Angela
20-Apr-07, 10:34
Must admit I've come across a couple of funny items which I've not been able to post because for no very good reason there was maybe the odd word used which one doesn't wish children to pick up. Most recently there was a video joke advert about alternative product to the Glade Plug (In) air freshener which touches on the subject of flatulence in a very funny way. It can be found with a bit of thoughtful Googling.

I wonder of there are actually any juvenile readers to the forum. I suppose that we do need to ensure that even links posted here contain content which is suitable for minors.

I do sometimes wonder if the content of a link is really not really all that naughty then perhaps an advisory warning above the link might suffice, but then where do you draw the line ?

Tough call I think.

I agree emb123, that's why I don't post jokes! It can't be easy for the Mods to decide what's acceptable and what's not, and I suppose we just try to use our own discretion and err on the side of caution?

I'm not suggesting folk should knowingly make iffy posts -just trying to encourage them to post on subjects that interest them, without the fear of being "shot down" by other posters.

Billy Boy
20-Apr-07, 10:49

get shoot down in flames lol, what for tellin the truth:roll:

Torvaig
20-Apr-07, 10:55
It's alright folks; it's only a forum! No-one is going to die or suffer in any way if they find other things to do instead of posting here. It's a free world!

There is nothing worse than feeling obliged to appear and post and take part even if you don't feel like it. It is up to the individual!

It won't be long before someone starts up something interesting or controversial to get our teeth into and off we go again and if not, so what?

It is good fun and can be very entertaining but hey.....iIt's only a forum!

brokencross
20-Apr-07, 11:36
Thanks for not "shooting me down in flames"...............yet.

Had another thought though; reading many of the posts and the subsequent replies, it is obvious that certain Orgers know each other well, physically (no not that way), and therefore have a different kind of rapport than with a more distant Orger like myself. As far as I know am not related to, have a friendship with, or have had any physical contact with any other Orger as I have not been up North for a long while. So maybe mickey taking and leg pulling that would be acceptable face to face, does not come across as jokey when in print, if you see what I mean.

johno
20-Apr-07, 11:40

i totally agree with this post. and if one is old enough to work a computer they certainly are old enough to hear any of the remarks posted here. i overheard part of a conversation the other day between several[ looked like 1st or 2nd year high school kids and i dont think that ive read anything like it on the org. the 21st century the kids are sure growing up fast

Colin Manson
20-Apr-07, 12:47
A lot of points that have been made today have been made before, the answer now is the same as it was before.

We did have more relaxed rules and those members that have been part of the forum from the beginning will remember those days. The old adage "give someone an inch and they'll take a mile" applies on the internet as well. Allowing milder double entendres, masking etc, just led to more of the same but not so mild a manner.

The rules also reflect the type of forum that we wanted to create, there are many other forums out there where a 'no holds barred' approach works but it's not what we want. Bill manages to post a huge amount of information and news on this site but I've yet to read a double entendre or a swearword in any of his articles. The same can be said for the many articles that various people submit.

There is no need to allow this type of material, there is no need to snip at other users or abuse them.

There has been a lot more moderation lately but it's little to do with the content of the posts. A small faction have decided to try and attack the foundation that this forum has been built on and even try and disrupt the server itself. Legal advice has been taken so I can say little on this matter and it's in the hands of the authorities and we'll leave that way.

Lastly I'd like to suggest that we all take it easy and relax a little, as many have said before it's only a forum and there is no point in getting upset about it. If something does concern you then report it and we'll look into the matter.

Cheers
Colin

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Apr-07, 00:44
Threads make a forum.Not posters.Posters come and go.Still remember the cow topplin thread to this day,now that was a cracker.Think its in the bowels of the joke section somewhere.It was in the general section,but it got moved.By golly somebody shouted we won't have any humour in the general section.Ahhhhh the days of elephants.:lol: :lol:

fred
21-Apr-07, 10:07
Lastly I'd like to suggest that we all take it easy and relax a little, as many have said before it's only a forum and there is no point in getting upset about it. If something does concern you then report it and we'll look into the matter.

It isn't only a forum Colin it is a community forum, these are real people posting here with real feelings.

People come here and join our community, they interact and make friends, they get enjoyment from participating and try to put something back in, try to bring a little enjoyment or be a service to others the best way they know how. Man is a herd animal, that is the way communities have always worked.

Then one day they log in and out of the blue there is an access denied message, their community has rejected them, they are no longer welcome, that drives a red hot dagger into the heart of one of man's most basic instincts.

Every country has it's Irishman, every family has it's black sheep, every vilage has it's idiot this is a law of nature, if you remove them someone else moves in to take their place as sure as air will move in to fill a vacuum. Keep on removing them and you end up with no one left.

It's easy to just keep ejecting people by computer, you can forget they are real people, don't forget, save that reject button as a last resort otherwise you will make more and more enemies who want to destroy the fabric of the society which rejected them.

MadPict
21-Apr-07, 11:08
I agree that mild double entendres and slightly more adult humour should be allowed - readers will either be too young to understand, or else...well they will be old enough to understand! I must say I find myself thinking "Can I post that?" and then I don't post it! I'm not talking about swearing of course, but it's difficult to know exactly what might be taboo. :confused

OK, so some will be too young to 'get the joke' and others old enough and broadminded enough to have a chuckle. But there will always be a third group - those that feel such content is not suitable for their children to see or read on a "supposedly family orientated site" - and they will be the first to complain to the site owners if their children are exposed to such.

What you might find funny someone else could find offensive.

Take for example fred's last reply -"Every country has it's Irishman..." - the reference to an "Irishman" could be seen as stereotyping and insulting. Does he imply that the Irish are stupid? Is the telling of "There was an Irishman, Scotsman and Englishman..." jokes now considered incorrect? Is he being racist? Or Nationalist? What would an Irish person read into his statement?

It gets very complicated and rather than having grey areas, where a joke is allowed because it is a little racy ( and possible offensive to some), the rules are very black and white - keep the jokes clean.

You want to read and share 'dirty' jokes? I am sure the interwebnetland has 1000's of sites to read them. Want to share a good one with a friend or fellow Org member? Email it. That way only folk you know will get the joke actually get it.

;)

I'm sure the black sheep and village idiots are OK though...

Angela
21-Apr-07, 11:31
OK, so some will be too young to 'get the joke' and others old enough and broadminded enough to have a chuckle. But there will always be a third group - those that feel such content is not suitable for their children to see or read on a "supposedly family orientated site" - and they will be the first to complain to the site owners if their children are exposed to such.

What you might find funny someone else could find offensive.

Take for example fred's last reply -"Every country has it's Irishman..." - the reference to an "Irishman" could be seen as a insult. Does he imply that the Irish are stupid? Is the telling of "There was an Irishman, Scotsman and Englishman..." jokes now considered incorrect? Is he being racist? Or Nationalist? What would an Irish person read into his statement?

It gets very complicated and rather than having grey areas, where a joke is allowed because it is a little racy ( and possible offensive to some), the rules are very black and white - keep the jokes clean.

You want to read and share 'dirty' jokes? I am sure the interwebnetland has 1000's of sites to read them. Want to share a good one with a friend or fellow Org member? Email it. That way only folk you know will get the joke actually get it.

;)

Dear me madpict, I most certainly do NOT want to read and share "dirty jokes". That's an insulting suggestion, if I may say so. I've never posted anything with even the mildest double entendre, not do I intend too. I'm a granny for goodness sake!

In real life, I neither use swear words nor go around telling "dirty jokes", neither do I do it on the Org. My point, perhaps badly expressed, was that that possibly posters might be penalised for genuinely not knowing where the boundaries are, and inadvertantly posting something unacceptable. Perhaps I'm just being naive saying this and I do realise that others may intentionally push the boundaries.

Feel free to look through every single post I've made and I will be astonished if you find anything in the least "dirty". [evil]

MadPict
21-Apr-07, 11:42
Angela,
My apologies if my post seemed to infer that you were disposed to tell the odd smutty. It was not meant to mean you nor insult you.

I was trying to point out that jokes are not esy to tell without upsetting or insulting at least one person in the telling.

I was replying to your point about "I agree that mild double entendres and slightly more adult humour should be allowed" - now unless I am completely misreading what you wrote you agree that 'racier' jokes should be allowed?

Hence my points in response. I was not implying you would be the joke teller.

...possibly posters might be penalised for genuinely not knowing where the boundaries are, and inadvertantly posting something unacceptable.

Hence the infraction system - if a new member posts something inappropriate they get a warning. If they continue to post such content they'll get a red card or more. If it carries on they may get suspended.

If by then they haven't learned that sticking your hand in the fire will get it burnt, maybe they need to be kept out of the room with the fire in?

Again sorry if my post annoyed you (wee mad emoticon) - it was not aimed at you personally.

Tristan
21-Apr-07, 11:46
Angela,

Hence the infraction system - if a new member posts something inappropriate they get a warning. If they continue to post such content they'll get a red card or more. If it carries on they may get suspended.

Should that not read any members?

Angela
21-Apr-07, 11:54
Angela,
My apologies if my post seemed to infer that you were disposed to tell the odd smutty. It was not meant to mean you nor insult you.

I was trying to point out that jokes are not esy to tell without upsetting or insulting at least one person in the telling.

I was replying to your point about "I agree that mild double entendres and slightly more adult humour should be allowed" - now unless I am completely misreading what you wrote you agree that 'racier' jokes should be allowed?

If by then they haven't learned that sticking your hand in the fire will get it burnt, maybe they need to be kept out of the room with the fire in?

Again sorry if my post annoyed you (wee mad emoticon) - it was not aimed at you personally.

Apology accepted, MadPict, I did take your post personally because you were quoting from my earlier post, and as far as I could see, you were suggesting I'd enjoy reading "dirty" jokes on the net. :eek:

I accept that isn't what you meant -and, as I've said, I could have expressed myself better too! :)

Elenna
21-Apr-07, 13:38
I am still around, but just lately most days only get a chance to fly in and have a quick read, if I'm lucky! I've actually managed two posts today, but I'm afraid thats it...family and chores demanding "Come on, come on!" :roll:

MadPict
21-Apr-07, 14:10
Tristan,
I used "new" as opposed to "any" as Angela stated "...posters might be penalised for genuinely not knowing where the boundaries are, and inadvertantly posting something unacceptable...".

My bad.

As "existing" members should be au fait with the rules regarding this area, if they break the rules then "ignorance of the rules is no excuse".
Are they not posted at the top of the forum?

Angela,
I quoted from your post because it contained the element I wished to expand upon - I could have used brokencrosses quote 'I appreciate that the board is read by a large range of ages, but some of the humour (double entendres etc) is way above the heads of the younger readers and should be allowed as long as there is no swearing.".
But yours covered the area I wanted to refer to.

Not because I felt you were a bad poster or user of swearwords...

golach
21-Apr-07, 14:13
Apology accepted, MadPict, I did take your post personally because you were quoting from my earlier post, and as far as I could see, you were suggesting I'd enjoy reading "dirty" jokes on the net.

I accept that isn't what you meant -and, as I've said, I could have expressed myself better too!
You tell him Angela, cheeky young whippersnapper that he is, how dare he misquote a a lady of your standing [lol]

Penelope Pitstop
21-Apr-07, 14:38
I haven't been clicking in so often myself. For me it's because the nights are lighter and I've been finding other things to do with an evening!! Also always on at the kids for spending so much time on the computer............so trying to lead by example:eek: !!!

Only had a quick buzz in and out, but must admit there hasn't been many topics that I've felt the need/wanted to add to in these last couple of weeks.....maybe I'm getting a life!! lol

Agree with someones earlier comments that sometimes on reading a post you think "what.....for goodness sake" but then think of the repercussions of posting what you actually think....people too easily offended by comments that are not posted to mean to offend anyone.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-07, 16:03
Angela,

Naw yer post wisnae aimed at Angela even I can see that.But was yer post aimed at ma post about humour on the org.Cos from what I can see thats the first time humour was mentioned.When did any of the jokes that were posted on the org ever be classed as dirty.I wrote many a joke knowing it was a community website.Yes,an odd jobby joke here and there from a few posters,if ye didnae appreciate those jokes don't read them.

Yer post here has a bit of air and grace about it.And I personally feel it was aimed at ma post.I love this forum,tea and scones and all,but yer post is from the views of a moderator not an orger.

MadPict
24-Apr-07, 16:35
No Cedric it wasn't aimed at you. It was referring to anyone who happens to post unsuitable content in the form of jokes.

And if my replies have a "bit of air and grace" about them then then I can't help that. If I threw in the odd "didnae" or "wisnae" would that make it less Mod like? I am only trying to make myself clear. And also perhaps clear up any ambiguities about the rules. So maybe I had two hats on?

And I'm an "Orger" first and Mod second - if I wasn't a Mod I'd still have posted my reply to this topic.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-07, 16:43
"Widnae" or "Didnae" I type the way I speak.As Scotsboy asked in this thread why are all the good posters no speakin anymore.To me all the good posters are still on here cos their still puttin threads on.The forum will move on quite easily.I was referrin to that post of yours not yer other ones.It was far too Mod like for me.We all know the rules,but please don't take the mickey oot o ma Ayrshire accent or I might jist have tae put in a complaint.:lol: :lol:

Angela
24-Apr-07, 16:48
I'd just been thinking there were some really good and interesting new threads appearing the last few days..:D :lol:

MadPict
24-Apr-07, 17:28
Too Mod like?

Hmmm, well, like your suggestion about not reading jokes don't read my Mod like replies.......

porshiepoo
24-Apr-07, 17:34
I still come in and check the threads but don't post so much anymore.
The only reason for my not posting so much is because I find I'm having to re-read what I've put lest someone take offence and then in the end I just cancel the whole thing. It's easier to just sit back and watch unfortunately.
I know we have to watch our p's & q's on any forum that we join but it does seem as though this one has changed to the point where almost anything can be misconstrued and cause infraction points or a ban, therefore all topics (IMO) are in danger of becoming 'yes', 'no' discussions not the debates of old where we could have a good banter. Granted some took things too far but I do feel that the org has suffered because of them.
It's still a great website though, one which gives many 'out in the sticks' dwellers their only chance to get involved with the community.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Apr-07, 21:22
Too Mod like?

Hmmm, well, like your suggestion about not reading jokes don't read my Mod like replies.......

Right,I'm no gonnae take this any longer.First ye were abusive about the way ma accent comes out on the org.Now fae yer quoted posted I think I'll have to sue.Cos the dummy ye just threw oot yer pram nearly took off ma lug.

I'll always read yer Mod replies.........cos remember in days of yore the Mods always got caught oot by the Rockers on Brighton Beach.Thank God for The Who.:lol: :lol:

percy toboggan
24-Apr-07, 22:17
It's not really been the same since landmarker got the boot.One or three others followed and before you know it a kind of blandness descends.
No fireworks, no debates, no now't.

MadPict
24-Apr-07, 23:05
Cedric.... ;)

canuck
30-May-07, 23:24
Wow, I have had 3 months of threads to go through. But I have found this one (thanks G2) and it has made my heart glad.

Scotsboy thanks for starting it. It has been great to read the responses and see so many of the familiar faces again.

Ricco
02-Jun-07, 20:30
Personally, I like the org the way it is. Tripe, dirt and dogma we can get elsewhere. The org is different - why should we follow all other forums? Stand up, stand out - be proud to be from a different mould. I have ventured onto a few other forums and I must say:
1) they are all the same
2) they all swear a lot
3) they contain a lot of drivel
4) they hasten me back here.

The org - love it! :D

crayola
03-Jun-07, 00:10
What has happened to all the posters on here? Where are DrSzin, Squidge, Gleber2, Gleeber, Canuk……….etc etc – have they got a secret wee room somewhere?Did you not miss me scotsboy?

Moira
03-Jun-07, 01:06
Wow, I have had 3 months of threads to go through. But I have found this one (thanks G2) and it has made my heart glad.

Scotsboy thanks for starting it. It has been great to read the responses and see so many of the familiar faces again.

I'm still here Canuck - welcome home :)

canuck
03-Jun-07, 03:01
I'm still here Canuck - welcome home :)

Thanks for the message Moira. I was beginning to wonder if you had vanished.

johno
03-Jun-07, 17:12
I am pretty sure that you will find that many double entendres have been allowed throughout the years. My warning came from Niall, rather than a Moderator, so I am assuming that this was the result of a complaint. Either way, I stand by my belief that this was a laughable reason to issue a warning.

I am NOT attempting to change the system, merely observing and commenting on the subject of this thread. Unless I am sorely mistaken, the system HAS changed and I gave my opinion on the effect of the changes.

I was the first person to post questioning the decision to ban Religion as a topic and the resulting poll overwhelmingly spoke in favour of keeping it up for discussion. I am merely questioning where you draw the line between allowing some adult inference and pandering to those who are very easily offended?

You can carry on waving the rules and let the site become anaemic. That is , of course, the prerogative of the owners. It is my opinion, however, that most users are adult enough and broad-minded enough to savour a small amount of pepper in their org hors d'oeuvres.

Just my tuppence worth, no doubt others have different views. That is the beauty of a varied spectrum of opinion.
i cant help but agree wholeheartedly with you, good solid arguement though

paris
03-Jun-07, 18:16
Hi im here , have a look every day but dont always post now, to many nit pickers ! jan x

Moira
04-Jun-07, 00:16
Thanks for the message Moira. I was beginning to wonder if you had vanished.

You're welcome Canuck. I'm still very much here - just don't have the time or the energy to post much these days.

I notice Ricco & Paris have both replied here - I hope I live to see the day they tackle the Berriedale Braes together on the motorbikes with the parrots tied to the handlebars. I'll send you some photos if I'm there ;)

canuck
04-Jun-07, 00:19
I notice Ricco & Paris have both replied here - I hope I live to see the day they tackle the Berriedale Braes together on the motorbikes with the parrots tied to the handlebars. I'll send you some photos if I'm there ;)

Oh, let me know when the day approaches. I'll come and line the road way with you.

Ricco
04-Jun-07, 20:07

Hey, Paris. The secret's out.... who blabbed? See you on Sat. ;)