PDA

View Full Version : I want to sell my vote!

rich
12-Apr-07, 15:57
Can Scots who live abroad vote in the election? I am very eager to know because if possible I would sell my vote to the highest bidder. I mean could the results be any worse than what we/you currently have?

golach
12-Apr-07, 16:16
Can Scots who live abroad vote in the election? I am very eager to know because if possible I would sell my vote to the highest bidder. I mean could the results be any worse than what we/you currently have?
I'll offer 25 cents Canadian

the charlatans
12-Apr-07, 16:38
well i don't know who to vote for either but vote i will. purely because people (suffragettes) have died for it and i feel like its my duty to the country.

however, choices choices choices.

i may yet do an 'eeny meeny miney mo':lol:

Angela
12-Apr-07, 17:16
well i don't know who to vote for either but vote i will. purely because people (suffragettes) have died for it and i feel like its my duty to the country.

however, choices choices choices.

i may yet do an 'eeny meeny miney mo':lol:

I feel the same - so I will vote, but this is the first time I've had absolutely no idea who I'm going to vote for....

The other day I was pondering what really mattered to me, and came up with these priorities:

1) education, 2) health and care for the elderly, disabled or chronically sick people, and c) transport and environmental matters.....

But...I still don't know who to vote for! :confused

Semiazas
12-Apr-07, 18:43
People die everyday for the chance to vote in a free election of any kind.

To make light of the honour your birthright in this country allows you, rubs the face of all those who went before us and fought for that right, as do many others right now in this day and age. Those that die even today.

Ok. So I may seem slightly serious, and yes, the choices we face as Brits today seem rather blurred. But never forget the power you hold with the strike of a pen in a free election. The choices may be bleak, and the politics may be contaminated but you still have the right to choose.

So Choose!

It may seem insignificant, but you'll be surprised at how much one person can make. (Unless of course you live in America, where it seems you can win an election with the fewest votes. ;).)

rich
12-Apr-07, 18:50
Golach, I have yet to establish if I can vote. But may I point out, before you get your hopes up, that delivering my vote could cost more than 25c in postage. However knowing that you have my vote would be uniquely empowering for you.
I should tell you that I have access to several other votes...are you interested?

rich
12-Apr-07, 18:53
Semiazis, I applaud your public spiritedness . But think how much more you could change things for the better with 2 (at least) votes. A bottle of Old Pultney for my vote(s) would be the perfect exchange. (The 10 year old would do fine...)

golach
12-Apr-07, 19:19
Golach, I have yet to establish if I can vote. But may I point out, before you get your hopes up, that delivering my vote could cost more than 25c in postage. However knowing that you have my vote would be uniquely empowering for you.
I should tell you that I have access to several other votes...are you interested?
I'll add a 95 cent Canadian postage stamp as well, sheeezze you drive a had bargain Rich [disgust]

rich
12-Apr-07, 19:33
OK Golach, next thing is I have to find out if there is a postal vote.
Also I am a little bit sentimental about my wee vote and I would like to know it is going to a good home. So where do you intend to cast it?

golach
12-Apr-07, 19:54
OK Golach, next thing is I have to find out if there is a postal vote.
Also I am a little bit sentimental about my wee vote and I would like to know it is going to a good home. So where do you intend to cast it?
Rich, this time there are so many different manners of voting.
We get a White voting paper for our district councillors, and we have to vote for them in preference i.e. No 1, 2 , 3 or 4.
And the Candidates will be elected on the share of the votes they receive.
Then on a Purple and Cream paper we vote for the MSP's
with 2 selections an X for the Party and then an X for the MSP of our choice.
I have a sore head already :eek: just thinking about this, and I hope I interperated the bumf that I have been throwing in the recycling bins correctly [evil]

rich
12-Apr-07, 20:08
Wait a minute, Golach! I may have a whole cluster of votes. I will have to investigate. By the way, I was offered (well as good as...) a bottle of 10 Year Old Pultney. Maybe I was excessively generous in my initial offer....Did I see your hand raised???? Any more bids....?

golach
12-Apr-07, 20:10
Wait a minute, Golach! I may have a whole cluster of votes. I will have to investigate. By the way, I was offered (well as good as...) a bottle of 10 Year Old Pultney. Maybe I was excessively generous in my initial offer....Did I see your hand raised???? Any more bids....?
I withdraw my bid........now if ye offered a 12 year owld Highland Park I might have bitten your hand off.